MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

2.8

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this foundation only bc I already bought it. It is soooooooooo oily and gets on everything my face to touches. Like seriously who wants to be talking on thier White Iphone get off and see foundation all over the screen and white part. Its horrible and I will never be purchasing this again.

on 12/26/2011 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 14 years old and I have very oily skin, if you are a teenager with oily skin, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

I am a MAC lover. I think that ALL of their products are amazing, however this foundation is shocking. I have very oily skin that is prone to pimples, not acne, but quite a few pimples. This foundation would only make me break out even more so and the foundation would wear off in 2-3 hours, sometimes even less. The product made my face feel greasy and it would crack all over my face, especially my chin and forehead. The foundation showed dry areas on my face that I didn't even know I had. Apart from this I felt as though the foundation had a slight orange tinge to it, and definitely didn't give me a natural, glowing complexion. This foundation is an extreme let down, as all of their other products are brilliant. Foundation is meant to give me confidence and better looking, natural, healthy skin, this product did the complete opposite. I regret purchasing this foundation, and have used it under 10 times. My bottle is still pretty much full and I am not one to waste cosmetics or money, but this is so bad I will no longer use it and am willing to through $49 down the drain. Please consider all foundation companies before buying this foundation, if your skin is like mine you will regret it. Thanks gals!

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I swapped for this because I was looking for a foundation that was sheer enough for summer. I usually wear Studio Fix Powder or Fluid during the winter months. This product was difficult to blend even with a wet sponge. The coverage is light to medium. This did not give a matte finish at all. By mid-day, my t-zone was a greasy mess. After touching up with blot powder, my face stayed matte for maybe 4 more hours and then it got greasy all over again and started turning orange. I don't recommend this for oily/acne prone skin. Maybe someone with normal skin will get some use out of it.

on 10/26/2008 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I DID NOT LIKE THIS AT ALL!!!! Firstly, the NW45 in this is way more red then the same of the Studio Fix FLuid. What the hell is that all about? Secondly, this is much thinner and does not give you a flawless look. I wouldn't try this. Such a waste of money. Never getting this again.

on 4/1/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i accidentally got this foundation, I was suppossed to get Studio Fix. But drove to another town to get it, so I decieded to just use it.
It goes on very smoothly with a foundation brush and dries quickly. Doesn't seen to slide off, like most foundations do on me (very oiley skin). It's about a medium coverage, but I'm sure you could do it lighter or layer for heavier coverage. I topped it off with blot powder.
The price is decent, I think 25, which is less than most EL foundations. I wish I would have bought a pump tho. I didn't realize they made them.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After being so impressed with the way their Studio Finish concealer covered my acne scars, I was quite open to trying their foundations. Being oily and acne prone, I went with their Select Foundation in NC50. Fears of looking like an overly made up (Ru Paul) drag queen scared the heck out of me which is why I never tried MAC until now, not to mention such mixed reviews here at MUA.

Dabbing it on, I wondered if it really was a water based foundation because it seemed to have an oily quality to it, and because it blended so well. But here's where my opinion differs with many here in their reviews. When it sets itself, it sets matte on my skin, but not flat or cakey or pasty. Its matte properties hold fast and quite long, coverage still in check and does not disappear like how some other reviewers noted, even as the day wears on. I normally don't have to powder up even in hot and humid weather until noontime. It doesn't transfer much either from what I've noticed when I blot with a tissue.

Gosh, sometimes makeuping can be such a dream when you don't have to work so hard at it!

4 lippies because with the price you pay, might as well throw in the sanitary pump, will ya' please, MAC?!

on 2/21/2006 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was very displeased when I went out and spent an arm & a leg for this horrid foundation & the foundation brush. The only good purchase was the MAC Blot. So anyhow I walk out spending $70 for a foundation that when applied, just sat there on top of my skin and felt mask-like. If you're looking to cover up redness, DO NOT BUY MAC. They say you can double up on the foundations and thats BULL!!!! It felt like my skin couldn't breathe!!! I will never purchase any MAC Face products again!!!! Since then, I've found Bare Escentuals... IT'S A GOD-SEND!

on 8/23/2005 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation. I would say it's my HG! I stopped using it for awhile because I wanted to try out Studio Tech. I found that Studio Tech doesn't have the nice finish/texture that Select SPF 15 has. I really love how this foundation goes on so easily (most of the time I use a damp cosmetic wedge and sometimes I use a damp foundation brush). I set it with blot powder and spray fix+ for a slightly dewey finish. The smell is not noticable unless you're sniffing the bottle before you apply which I doubt people do often. It has never made me breakout either unlike Studio Tech (seriously Studio Tech is made for breakouts). And like some people have said it's not really suitable for oily skin but more for combo skin. The price is fair I guess compared to most high end foundations.****UPDATE (8/29/05):Even though coverage is great I found it not to last through out the whole day. So I'm still looking for something with longer staying power. But it is still a great foundation.

on 5/23/2005 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the huge choice of shades MAC do but Im not 100% happy with this foundation. I stuck with it for a while because of the good colour match and the fact it doesn't break me out.

I like the fact it has SPF 15 (I don't know if this is broad spectrum?) but I don't like the fact that you can definately feel it on, it feels quite heavy on the skin.

This doesn't dry my skin but it's not great atcontrolling oil either. My face tends to melt and look oily very quickly.

It also rubs off very easily, and washes off the make up brush with just a few drops of water.

on 5/7/2005 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for a while, and whenever I venture out and try something else, I always wish I hadn't. This is a very natural, buildable foundation that stays color-true all day. It doesn't cause me to breakout at all, and it doesn't seem to make me either oilier or drier. In NC25, this could very well be my HG.