MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.0

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've had much better drugstore foundations. This is horrible make-up. It broke me out, and accentuates every pore and flaw on skin. And the color selection tends to run yellow I noticed. My color turned orange after about an hour. Oh and the nasty smell! I just could not get past that weird smell. I always sniff liquid make-up before applying, and this has always had a rancid smell. I honestly don't know why I bought it. I used to really like the studio fix powder/foundation so I guess I thought this would be good too. What a waste of money..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I saw the reviews for this product, I was a little horrified. I'd managed to snag some online without realizing how damming the reviews were. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The coverage isn't that full, which I quite like because it appears quite natural too me. I found it easy to apply with a stippling brush, and it outlasted my MAC concealers I'd used previously, as well as my NATIO foundation. It didn't run, or oxidise, despite my oily skin. If you can, I'd recommend getting a tester before you buy this, as it appears to be very hit and miss!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To be honest, I hate this foundation. My friend gave it to me because she just couldn't work with it. Giving away a mac foundation says enough already ofcourse but alright. I tried it. Our color is rather similar so I could. I've used this foundation 3 times in total. Every time I just HATED it. It just made me angry walking around with this foundation and that mac would make a foundation SO bad. Now I don't want to offend the people who love this foundation, they might have another skin type or use it differently.

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin that looked like reaaaally dry and dead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or anything. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- dries weird, ugly finish

on 6/17/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I applied this foundation with a buffer brush and with my fingers. It dries rather fast but it's still blendable. It's not at all covering so I had to put on a little lot of this foundation since I need full coverage. The finish of this foundation is what I hate the most. It's just SO visible and it looks fake. Even my boyfriend noticed that something was wrong with my foundation and that said a lot. The staying power was poor. I actually saw like little flakies on my skin like reaaaally dry ead skin cells all over my skin (I have oily skin so that wasnt it) I could feel this on my skin all day.

The packaging is annoying, cause it just has a big opening, no pump or something. (DOnt know if you can buy one at the mac counter for this one) Its a bit runny so too much comes out every time, which would lead to a waste of product.
Nope, cannot find one thing about this foundation I like.

JUST CONS!
- doesnt cover enough
- weird formula
- has poor staying power
- annoying packaging since it doesn;t have a pump
- dries weird, ugly finish

on 2/5/2013 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation is not for those with acne scars. It barely covers anything. the coverage is more like a tinted moisturizer. I would recommend for those with clear skin.

on 11/18/2012 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am in love with this product and I wish I could buy up a stockpile of it and keep it, but I can't. I found that it works wonders for me and it looks great on my skin. I haven't had any of the problems that others have had with this product. Mine blended great and it holds up to my everyday. If I had one gripe, it's that I am not a big fan of the bottle, I would rather have a pump. Every now and again, I find myself getting a rash of blackheads, but that is normally after I have worn makeup for days and days straight, without giving my skin a chance to breathe. Because of that, I don't know if I can say MAC foundation is the cause or if it is not giving my skin a chance to rest. Overall, I loved this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just looked at other peoples reviews on this product. And all the negative comments about this product is exactly what I am experiencing !. It hasnt got a good coverage (people without flaws may prefer this foundation), it creases, not good at all for oily skin, especially when i told the people at MAC who were swatching my skin that my skin was oily, it OXIDISES.! I thought it was something to do with the oiliness of my skin which may be the reason for this, but looking at the reviews it doesn't only happen to me, its other people aswell!, i've even used a primer and it still manages to oxidise, very quickly. Its also streaky. If you have marks from acne like me, then trust me, this isn't for you, I noticed the lady at the MAC, was putting layers on to cover it up and my hyperpigmentation marks isn't even that bad, and it looked very cakey after and orange. It also makes your pores and imperfections very noticeable. I dont think ill be buying this again, this foundation as I said is for those with perfect skin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation for years and unfortunately this is now discontinued per the MAC rep that I spoke with by phone. She recommended the Face and Body in it's place, so I may have to give that a try. :-(

on 7/17/2012 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I feel mixed about this foundation. The pros are it's good for my oily skin, it seems to stay on throughout the day with the help of powder, good coverage and it has SPF. The cons if you use a lot it looks cakey (I use very small amount), hard to blend, colours very orange and it sits in pores so you have to 'work' it back into the skin during the day. Overall I won't be purchasing again but I am finishing the bottle I have as it isn't terrible.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was drawn to this product because it is water based and I have slightly oily skin so I thought this might help - in a way, it does help skin like mine because it doesn't ever feel like I've 'caked' it on and it is nice and light. I was a bit unimpressed at first with the coverage. I don't really have too many prominent facial blemishes but I do like to look perfect when I wear an expensive foundation! I was at first applying it with a foundation brush from The Body Shop but I felt that this made it streaky, as did using my fingers. I am now using the MAC 188 duo fibre brush and with this you can easily build up the product to the desired density and you do get really good coverage. I don't think it's very good value for money but I suppose for the spring and summer it might be good as it is light and it feels weightless on your face. I've also noticed that it can look a bit orange which is not what I ever look for in a foundation. I was matched up to NC40 so I suppose that with the more 'tan' shades you can get a bit of an orange tint. I may repurchase this product for the summer but it's unlikely.