MAC Cosmetics Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Cosmetics Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

2.7

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 4/27/2013 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of few foundations that I have repurchased. I find this to be a good combination of good coverage without looking too heavy. It looks best if your skin is well moisturized first, as it can look obvious over flaky areas. I have normal to combination skin with some breakouts at times. I find that when I wear this foundation, I don't break out as much. There are so many shades that you are bound to find one that fits you. I spread this on with my fingers because it can look streaky applied with a brush. It is long wearing and actually seems to look better as the day goes on. I definitely recommend giving this a try.

I'm not surprised to hear that they are discontinuing this product.

I used this for about a year while I was in college, but it was awful for my sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. It looked heavy, emphasized my acne and pock marks, and made me break out all the time. (I was too busy with my studies and with work to bother finding another foundation at the time.)

on 4/9/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

DO NOT BUY!
over-rated product. I talked to the MAC artist and she told me this is the perfect product for my skin - WRONG!
It completely over-dried my skin, leaving it looking all dried up and disgusting. It took ages for it to get back to its normal balance too! The colors were either too pink or too orange, which is not good for my Spanish skin. I'll NOT be buying this product again!

on 12/16/2011 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish I read these reviews first.

I bought this with high hopes. I like their concealers and thought I would buy a foundation from them too. I should not have. I feel this product is partially responsible for my awful breakout in the end of November. I feel horribly ripped off.

Pros:
- Great coverage
- Matches my skin tone decently
- Packaged in a durable pump bottle

Cons:
- BREAKOUTS!

I just dont think my face likes this at all. So sad.

on 10/30/2011 1:00:00 PM

This foundation makes me breakout..It does cover all my blemishes as it provides full coverage..I really want to like this foundation,but unfortunately I don't know why it doesn't suite my skin :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have acne prone skin that gets oily through the day when I wear foundation.

This product has very little coverage and it's not buildable. It feels a bit greasy when it is applied. I used studio fix powder after applying the foundation to set it.

Typically it takes 5-6 hours before my face starts to feel oily. After 45 minutes of using this, my face felt like an oil slick!

I took it back and exchanged it for studio fix foundation, which works much better for me.

on 4/30/2011 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

acne-prone/combination skin. NC25. asian.

PROS
decent skin match
water-based
decent coverage
has SPF
can be layered
bottle lasts for a year

CONS
bottle packaging
slightly heavy feel
broke me out sometimes
watery

My first ever MAC foundation was this one. Throughout the years, I have developed a love-and-hate relationship with it.

I live in a dry climate and I find that some dry spots can be accentuated even more by this foundation. Also, if you tend to be oily like me, you would definitely have to blot throughout the day if you wear it! One summer, it was great for days I needed to switch from TM for extra coverage. The next summer though, it sort of broke me out even more. I already had breakouts and I needed extra coverage; so I used it almost everyday, thinking that would be fine, since it's water-based, etc. I was wrong, clearly.

I find that this foundation works best for me during fall/spring. Winter can make it too drying whereas summer can melt it off and break me out. The coverage is pretty good. You can wear it light if you put on very little; you can layer it for more coverage. It matches my skin pretty well as well.

on 3/10/2011 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have an oily acne prone skin and this product looked great on the first 2 hours of application. It doesn't cake, looks dewy and easy to blend. However, after 2-3 hours it begins to almost melt on my skin and it looks blotchy. I had to blot every hour or two to stop my face looking like a grease ball. It transfers easily so if you accidentally touch your face it will transfer into anything. As soon as I apply this I can feel that I have foundation on. And for something that's sheer coverage, it feels really heavy. Never buying this again. I'll happilly stick with my Studio Fix, really don't know why I wanted to try this..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

So for Christmas my brother got my a Macy's giftcard because I wanted to get myself a MAC foundation. I usually use Hard Candy tinted moisturizer in Light or Revlon Photoready in Shell if I want more coverage. I had originally planned on getting Face and Body because I prefer light coverage that is buildable. They weren't selling Face and Body at the stand and the sales girl said I probably wouldn't like F&B that much anyway. She said for light coverage she recommended Select Foundation with SPF. I also had never been matched for MAC and I am a perfect match for NW20 so I purchased it as well as the pump and the total came to around $32 or so (can't recall). For the first couple days I was really underwhelmed. I was going to return it but my mom and aunt told me it looked good. It wasn't until I did it and didn't focus on it as much that I realized it actually looked creamy and lovely. I'm not going to return it but the jury is out if I'm going to repurchase. If you like thick coverage then this isn't for you. I don't have perfect skin but I still don't like to look like I'm wearing a mask and with concealer and powder foundation used to set it, it looks damn near flawness and natural. The color match is just fantastic. I have been recovering from surgery so I haven't been wearing makeup for long everyday (though I have put it on for fun) and I don't know for sure if it will continue but no breakouts so far on my very acne-proned skin.

My overall assessment? Seeing as I didn't pay for it myself I like it enough, time will tell if I like it enough to actually fork over the $$.

i was using MAC studio fix then when my skin started improving I wanted to switch to a lighter foundation. I bought MAC select spf 15 which of course broke me out really bad. the light coverage is good and it feels natural but unfortunately caused serious acne. if you have sensitive or acne prone skin, i'd stay away from it!