MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.2

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 11/26/2014 3:04:00 AM

my friend gave it to me as my 22nd birthday gift but sad to say, there is nothing good bout this foundation.

it looks quite nice after applying but oxidises after few hours, leaving me looking dull, orangey, weird and funny for the rest of the day. So EMBARRASSING! it also separates and sits on my skin thus it doesn't look natural at all. my friends even asked me why would i put on such thick makeup while in truth i only applied very thin layer. coverage is quite good but that doesn't salvage this product.

on 8/6/2013 1:23:00 PM

This foundation always makes me look more yellow by the end of the day. I choice the shade recommended to me by 2 mac reps but the colour never seems natural to me.

on 1/22/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This MAC foundation does it's job, it does cover..but it's so heavy in weight, you can feel it on top of your skin the whole time it's on, it looks very UN-natural, it melts off your skin after some hours and god forbid you hug someone with the wrong cheek cause it rubs off like wet paint.

on 10/17/2012 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been working for MAC for 4 years between freelancing and a on counter artist, and in 4 years I've NEVER shown this foundation to anyone....that pretty much shows you what I think of it. No coverage, oily feel, doesn't wear well. Not shocked they discontiuned this. On the other hand they DID dc Mineralize Satinfinish a great foundation for someone looking for lightweight coverage, only leaving us with F&B which I don't love. Every once in a blue moon a customer would come up and want to replace this and I would show them something else to fit their needs and they would indeed be much happier with my new suggestion than Select SPF. I do love Select Cover up concealer though, so even if you hate this foundation, do let it scare you away from trying the concealer. Great medium coverage while adding radiance to the under eye area...non drying...good stuff. Maybe if the foundation worked as well as the concealer it would still be around.

on 9/19/2012 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My face loves this foundation, it gives the right amount of coverage without that heavy feeling of knowing a foundation is on. I put this on with primer underneath and a set it with MSFN it looks perfect! It looks natural and true to my color, I don't look pink, orange or any other color I'm not naturally. I swear it does something to my Gingerly blush that makes it look just right. the only issue I had with this was the other day after not wearing it for a few weeks due to a combination of trying another fdtn and haven't been wearing much makeup lately, my face was oilier than usual. I realized it I had an oil based moisturizer underneath that wasn't doing good for my skin to begin with. I tried it again without the moisturizer and it was back to it great benefits. I just wish it was more in a pump. I hate that MAC discontinued it.

The sales associate (I call MAC Artists sales associates because many are not real make up artists) Asked me if I needed help I said not really but if he wanted to he could help me find a foundation. He agreed and showed me MAC select SPF and told me I was an NC40 and swatched it on my face then he gasped and said that was way too dark I couldn't tell because the lighting was pretty bad so I let him do whatever he wanted to do then he showed me an NC30 and he said that was perfect I looked at the mirror and I said ok I guess and he showed me a couple of things and purchased a few things including the foundation and sent me on my way. I get home and I'm excited to go out and try the foundation out at home and my lighting in my bathroom is awesome I was like oh I'm gonna look so good and I started applying it and I noticed it was oxidizing in less than a minute and before I knew it I had orange streaks everywhere I wanted to literally cry because I looked like Snooki it was disgusting I also noticed that my dry patches were really noticeable even though I exfoliated and moisturized earlier. I wanted to return it but I decided not to because that sales associate was nice and I didn't wanna complain to anybody so I just kept it. And I'm not really an NC30 I'm between NC20-25 but I will never repurchase this ever again I knew I wasn't the only one who experienced this and I heard it was discontinued so nobody will have to go through what I went through.

on 9/4/2012 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have NC43 skin tone and combination skin. I found this foundation to be a perfect match for skin. The foundation didn't oxidize like my MAC Studio Fix foundation. The consistency was great and easy to apply with a brush. I didn't experience any streaking like other reviewers. Many people commented that it looked as if I wasn't wearing any foundation! If you apply this foundation with a heavy hand it can look cakey, but a quick spray of Studio fix or water will make it look more natural.

In Australia this cost me $50, I would prefer to try other brands for this price.

CONS: STREAKY!
Not lasting at all!
Bad coverage
No pump
Oily!

PROS: Every colour, availible!

This is honestly the worst foundation I've ever owned. It streaks no matter what I use to put it on (fingers, palms, wet beauty blender, dry beauty blender, brushes), and emphasizes everything bad on my face. It's horrible. I wish I could rate this a zero.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Pros:
Perfect colour match for me (NW15). Stopped my skin from becoming oily around my nose. Medium build-able coverage.

Cons:
Too thin of a consistency for me - I would prefer it a little thicker/creamier. After a few hours it looked patchy with dry, orange coloured areas even if I'd only applied a little. After a grand total of 4 wears I had broken out in spots. The fact that you have to buy a foundation pump separately - for the price I feel this should have been included.

I was optimistic when I first bought this foundation but unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations which were not unreasonable, I simply expected it to deliver what MAC says it will. I realise that this foundation is water-based and I think my moisturiser is oil-based, when using this product I moisturised before bed but not in the morning prior to application so I'm not sure if using a water-based moisturiser instead would help to solve my problems with this product. I might give it one more chance before letting it go to waste but I don't think I'll be changing my mind and buying this again, sadly.