MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.2

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 6/7/2018 7:42:00 PM

I think this might have been THE product that killed all interest in future MAC base products. Alongside the Studio Fix compact, with its ability to dry my skin and highlight each individual skin flake x1000.
MAC isn't exactly the cheapest brand around and back then, I thought more money = better product. Oho, how wrong I was.

Got this in NW15, seemed a good match on my hand and the MAC sales lady told me it was perfect for oily skin as it set matte and covered acne well. Off I went, pleased as punch and eager to wear it to uni the next day. Looked alright on in the morning, headed out feeling satisfied and confident and went to morning lectures. 2 hours and 30 minutes later, I left the lecture theatre and went to the loo and when I looked in the mirror, I looked like I'd mistaken my foundation for Irn Bru. It oxidised so badly! Plus it had started to separate on the skin already, with orangey gunk in my pores and smile lines, and redness peeking in between.
I don't know if it's some particular property of my skin that reacted with it but oh my GOD this is not a foundation I could even bring myself to give to someone FOR FREE. Threw it away that evening.

I couldn't look my bank balance in the eye for a little while after I bought this...

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best foundation I've tried, and I've tried a lot of different high-end brands. I like it because it keeps my oily face reasonably shine-free throughout the day and I don't have to re-touch it often. It gives quite a thick coverage so hides blemishes etc. I'm on my 6th bottle now and would recommend it. I apply it with a brush.

on 4/4/2018 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I tried 3 different colours (NW13, NW15, NC15), but all colours oxidize heavily after a few hours; my skin turns orange. I have a combination skin, not very dry and not oily, no acne and freckles. The foundation looks horrible on me and you can definitely see differences with my neck, even though this was not visible in the morning. A setting spray did not prevent the oxidation. The foundation is buildable and covers fully, however after 6 hours you can see the foundation fading away. Would not recommend it. Would instead recommend Estee Lauder double wear for full coverage (and no orange skin). Costs somewhat more, but if you plan to invest in foundation, I would recommend to spend somewhat more to get the double wear.

on 11/26/2014 3:04:00 AM

my friend gave it to me as my 22nd birthday gift but sad to say, there is nothing good bout this foundation.

it looks quite nice after applying but oxidises after few hours, leaving me looking dull, orangey, weird and funny for the rest of the day. So EMBARRASSING! it also separates and sits on my skin thus it doesn't look natural at all. my friends even asked me why would i put on such thick makeup while in truth i only applied very thin layer. coverage is quite good but that doesn't salvage this product.

on 8/6/2013 1:23:00 PM

This foundation always makes me look more yellow by the end of the day. I choice the shade recommended to me by 2 mac reps but the colour never seems natural to me.

on 1/22/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This MAC foundation does it's job, it does cover..but it's so heavy in weight, you can feel it on top of your skin the whole time it's on, it looks very UN-natural, it melts off your skin after some hours and god forbid you hug someone with the wrong cheek cause it rubs off like wet paint.

on 10/17/2012 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been working for MAC for 4 years between freelancing and a on counter artist, and in 4 years I've NEVER shown this foundation to anyone....that pretty much shows you what I think of it. No coverage, oily feel, doesn't wear well. Not shocked they discontiuned this. On the other hand they DID dc Mineralize Satinfinish a great foundation for someone looking for lightweight coverage, only leaving us with F&B which I don't love. Every once in a blue moon a customer would come up and want to replace this and I would show them something else to fit their needs and they would indeed be much happier with my new suggestion than Select SPF. I do love Select Cover up concealer though, so even if you hate this foundation, do let it scare you away from trying the concealer. Great medium coverage while adding radiance to the under eye area...non drying...good stuff. Maybe if the foundation worked as well as the concealer it would still be around.

on 9/19/2012 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My face loves this foundation, it gives the right amount of coverage without that heavy feeling of knowing a foundation is on. I put this on with primer underneath and a set it with MSFN it looks perfect! It looks natural and true to my color, I don't look pink, orange or any other color I'm not naturally. I swear it does something to my Gingerly blush that makes it look just right. the only issue I had with this was the other day after not wearing it for a few weeks due to a combination of trying another fdtn and haven't been wearing much makeup lately, my face was oilier than usual. I realized it I had an oil based moisturizer underneath that wasn't doing good for my skin to begin with. I tried it again without the moisturizer and it was back to it great benefits. I just wish it was more in a pump. I hate that MAC discontinued it.

The sales associate (I call MAC Artists sales associates because many are not real make up artists) Asked me if I needed help I said not really but if he wanted to he could help me find a foundation. He agreed and showed me MAC select SPF and told me I was an NC40 and swatched it on my face then he gasped and said that was way too dark I couldn't tell because the lighting was pretty bad so I let him do whatever he wanted to do then he showed me an NC30 and he said that was perfect I looked at the mirror and I said ok I guess and he showed me a couple of things and purchased a few things including the foundation and sent me on my way. I get home and I'm excited to go out and try the foundation out at home and my lighting in my bathroom is awesome I was like oh I'm gonna look so good and I started applying it and I noticed it was oxidizing in less than a minute and before I knew it I had orange streaks everywhere I wanted to literally cry because I looked like Snooki it was disgusting I also noticed that my dry patches were really noticeable even though I exfoliated and moisturized earlier. I wanted to return it but I decided not to because that sales associate was nice and I didn't wanna complain to anybody so I just kept it. And I'm not really an NC30 I'm between NC20-25 but I will never repurchase this ever again I knew I wasn't the only one who experienced this and I heard it was discontinued so nobody will have to go through what I went through.

on 9/4/2012 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have NC43 skin tone and combination skin. I found this foundation to be a perfect match for skin. The foundation didn't oxidize like my MAC Studio Fix foundation. The consistency was great and easy to apply with a brush. I didn't experience any streaking like other reviewers. Many people commented that it looked as if I wasn't wearing any foundation! If you apply this foundation with a heavy hand it can look cakey, but a quick spray of Studio fix or water will make it look more natural.

In Australia this cost me $50, I would prefer to try other brands for this price.