MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

2.7

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 4/29/2011 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have trouble finding any redeeming quality in this foundation. I told the MA I was wanted light coverage and something moisturizing and this is what she produced.
PROS
- If you purchase the pump, the packaging is very nice
CONS
- Despite being matched to NW15 this product is way to yellow for my skin tone and oxidizes to a horrible shade of orange during the day
- It seemed to sit on my skin rather than set and blend in, which in turn highlighted pores and any dry patches
- It faded within a couple hours to an inconsistent patchy mess
- It has a horrible plastic smell that lingers for hours
- It doesn't come with a pump, and IMHO you shouldn't need to pay for additional packaging in mid to high end products
Overall, this is hands down the worst foundation I've ever used. I kept trying to like it by testing it out with different primers or setting powders and using a different application technique but despite my efforts it always looked and felt nasty on my skin. If I could give it zero lippies, I would.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a bottle of this just sitting in my makeup case. I can't bring myself to throw it away due to the price.
I am NC45 in this and this was the first foundation I have tried. No matter how I try to apply it, it makes me look like I am wearing a mask. It oxidizes after a few hours making me look like I am wearing orange makeup. I have drugstore brand foundation that work so much better for half the price of this.
I dunno why MAC can't improve their formula as I know I am not the first person of this color to make this complaint.

on 12/13/2010 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This used to be my everyday go to work foundation - it's just ok. It's not bad, it's just...ok. Pretty sheer coverage which is all I need. Color match is great - I'm an NC37. I have super dry skin and wanted a thicker, creamy foundation - so I switched. But it was doing it's job, no issues. I used with a paddle foundation brush.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this from an amazing MA at MAC. I really wanted to like this product because I needed a new foundation and the feel of this foundation on my skin, very light as it is water based. The first time I tried it at home I really liked until I noticed flaking and uneveness on my nose area. For some reason the foundation looked really cakey on the nose area, nothing else had ever done that on me. I tried for another week (used up all of the sample) and the same problem kept occuring. Sadly I will not be purchasing this, if the boltchy cakyness doesn't occur for you I definatly reccomend

on 8/17/2008 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a naturally tanned Asian with lots of yellow undertone so many foundations are too dark, orange, ashy, or light on me. The makeup artists matched me as a NC42 and surprising, it is close to my natural shade... it is a bit too orange but that's not very noticeable. Other than that, I don't have anything positive to say about this foundation. It doesn't give me any coverage and I don't need much. I just have slightly uneven skin tone but no blemishes, acne, or scars to cover up. It seems to never set too..it will transfer onto clothing very easily. And if you live in hot and humid weather, this will MELT off of your face even with a decent pressed powder on top. It is also pretty thick and not very blendable. I tried different methods of applying this and it always comes out looking cakey. This is one of the worst foundations I have ever tried! MAC has some great products but this is not one of them.

on 4/6/2007 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i'm nw20 with very dry skin. this foundation makes me look older (i'm 22!), it dryes in my fine lines, which i didn't know they even existed! (and i've always used it with moisturizer) and doesn't give me a natural look. the only thing i like about it its the large range of colours that mac have.

on 11/26/2006 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this is a very nice foundation. Even though I have dry skin, and this is supposed to be a matte formula, it's perfect for me. Taking that into consideration, maybe it wouldn't be a good product for someone with normal/oily or oily skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Let me first start of by stating that I do have thirsty skin and this foundation, MAC SPF 15 Select, only made my dry skin drier.

I get that awful "feathering" effect and no matter how small the amount of my application, this foundation looks as though it has been caked onto my skin.

I am a true believer in blending and this MAC make-up did not let me blend without adding moisturizer to my sponge/brush. It became sludgy .. ew!

However, I was fond of the NW20 colour. It was true to my tone and looked au natural. Too bad I wasn't able to use this product like I so wanted to.

*For those of you with dry, challenging skin, I recommend buying TruBlend semi-liquid foundation by CoverGirl for that perfect setting and perfect savings.

on 12/28/2004 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I recently bought the MAC select spf 15 in NC15 after searching relentlessly for good foundation for my Sensitive, dry skin. This product is fairly mediocre. It provided just the right amount of coverage but wasn't glowy enough for me. It felt a lot like the drug store liquid foundations like loreal and such. Also, I'm totally sick of pour bottle foundations. Is it really that difficult to put a liquid foundation into a more sanitary packaging like a squeeze bottle? All in all, this foundation feels like any other foundation and the only thing I can credit it with is being the right color and having spf 15.

on 2/12/2004 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used this foundation for about half a year, but over time it dried out my skin...I already have dry skin...I used to worship this foundation, but I won't buy it again. The foundations are the only products by mac that I am unsatisfied with...the full coverage one has GREAT coverage (covers ANYTHING) but it is oily..none of them blend well, tend to smear and smudge throughout the day, etc. Also, has anyone else noticed that all the mac foundations seem a bit on the too-yellow side? I know that foundations are supposed to be yellow or whatever according to bobbi brown, but even my (slightly overjudgemental) mother has noticed it being a little yellow. I hate the fact that it's in a glass jar, I have been known to drop things and break them, haha...anyway, someone please leave me a message if you know of a good foundation for a not dried out but not oily look! I'm still searching!