MAC Cosmetics Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Cosmetics Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.0

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 6/7/2018 7:42:00 PM

I think this might have been THE product that killed all interest in future MAC base products. Alongside the Studio Fix compact, with its ability to dry my skin and highlight each individual skin flake x1000.
MAC isn't exactly the cheapest brand around and back then, I thought more money = better product. Oho, how wrong I was.

Got this in NW15, seemed a good match on my hand and the MAC sales lady told me it was perfect for oily skin as it set matte and covered acne well. Off I went, pleased as punch and eager to wear it to uni the next day. Looked alright on in the morning, headed out feeling satisfied and confident and went to morning lectures. 2 hours and 30 minutes later, I left the lecture theatre and went to the loo and when I looked in the mirror, I looked like I'd mistaken my foundation for Irn Bru. It oxidised so badly! Plus it had started to separate on the skin already, with orangey gunk in my pores and smile lines, and redness peeking in between.
I don't know if it's some particular property of my skin that reacted with it but oh my GOD this is not a foundation I could even bring myself to give to someone FOR FREE. Threw it away that evening.

I couldn't look my bank balance in the eye for a little while after I bought this...

on 4/4/2018 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I tried 3 different colours (NW13, NW15, NC15), but all colours oxidize heavily after a few hours; my skin turns orange. I have a combination skin, not very dry and not oily, no acne and freckles. The foundation looks horrible on me and you can definitely see differences with my neck, even though this was not visible in the morning. A setting spray did not prevent the oxidation. The foundation is buildable and covers fully, however after 6 hours you can see the foundation fading away. Would not recommend it. Would instead recommend Estee Lauder double wear for full coverage (and no orange skin). Costs somewhat more, but if you plan to invest in foundation, I would recommend to spend somewhat more to get the double wear.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I saw the reviews for this product, I was a little horrified. I'd managed to snag some online without realizing how damming the reviews were. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The coverage isn't that full, which I quite like because it appears quite natural too me. I found it easy to apply with a stippling brush, and it outlasted my MAC concealers I'd used previously, as well as my NATIO foundation. It didn't run, or oxidise, despite my oily skin. If you can, I'd recommend getting a tester before you buy this, as it appears to be very hit and miss!

on 11/10/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Easy blendable, light to medium coverage but 2min after putting this one my face i felt my skin burning and saw bumps coming through fast washed it off straight away and my face was left extremely red about an 3hours later my skin was back to normal. Hate mac foundations, concealers and powders all of them break me out or i have an allergic reaction to them.

love it so much.. so sad its gettibg discontinued

on 7/17/2012 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I feel mixed about this foundation. The pros are it's good for my oily skin, it seems to stay on throughout the day with the help of powder, good coverage and it has SPF. The cons if you use a lot it looks cakey (I use very small amount), hard to blend, colours very orange and it sits in pores so you have to 'work' it back into the skin during the day. Overall I won't be purchasing again but I am finishing the bottle I have as it isn't terrible.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Pros:
Perfect colour match for me (NW15). Stopped my skin from becoming oily around my nose. Medium build-able coverage.

Cons:
Too thin of a consistency for me - I would prefer it a little thicker/creamier. After a few hours it looked patchy with dry, orange coloured areas even if I'd only applied a little. After a grand total of 4 wears I had broken out in spots. The fact that you have to buy a foundation pump separately - for the price I feel this should have been included.

I was optimistic when I first bought this foundation but unfortunately it didn't meet my expectations which were not unreasonable, I simply expected it to deliver what MAC says it will. I realise that this foundation is water-based and I think my moisturiser is oil-based, when using this product I moisturised before bed but not in the morning prior to application so I'm not sure if using a water-based moisturiser instead would help to solve my problems with this product. I might give it one more chance before letting it go to waste but I don't think I'll be changing my mind and buying this again, sadly.

on 1/26/2012 7:38:00 PM

Wow, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I've had it for about a year now. At first I liked it okay, but the more I used it the more I realized that it was oxidizing to orange on my face as the day went on (I'm really pale and use NW15, which is okay when it's first applied but far too dark/orange after an hour or so). Not only that, it's staying power is crap.
Picture this if you will: dry forehead, dry patches on cheeks, oily chin/nose area. I guess you'd call it combination skin. A good foundation would balance this and even it out. Not this one, no sirree. It clung to dry patches and clumped up around them until I looked like a leper (this was with moisturizer applied too) and my nose/chin/parts of my cheeks were so shiny it was crazy. The product melts off of oily areas and highlights pores whilst also pointing out dry bits. To add insult to injury, it also turns you an alarming shade of orangey yellow. It's like a nightmare foundation.
I've tried applying it with a damp Beautyblender sponge, a 187 duo fibre brush, and with my fingers, and none of them makes it look any better. I hate to let the rest of this product go to waste, so I may just have to use it on days when I don't plan on leaving the house for long.

on 12/16/2011 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish I read these reviews first.

I bought this with high hopes. I like their concealers and thought I would buy a foundation from them too. I should not have. I feel this product is partially responsible for my awful breakout in the end of November. I feel horribly ripped off.

Pros:
- Great coverage
- Matches my skin tone decently
- Packaged in a durable pump bottle

Cons:
- BREAKOUTS!

I just dont think my face likes this at all. So sad.

I bought this product, and at first was in love with it. It provides good coverage, without being to heavy and I think that this is good for everyday use. However, I have dry skin, particularly around my nose and forehead and within a few days, I noticed how drying the foundation was for me. I was finding that it made my dryest areas flakey and patchy. Even after intense moisturising I find this is unpleasant, however I believe for combination/oily skin, this would be a good product.