MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

love it so much.. so sad its gettibg discontinued

on 9/19/2012 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My face loves this foundation, it gives the right amount of coverage without that heavy feeling of knowing a foundation is on. I put this on with primer underneath and a set it with MSFN it looks perfect! It looks natural and true to my color, I don't look pink, orange or any other color I'm not naturally. I swear it does something to my Gingerly blush that makes it look just right. the only issue I had with this was the other day after not wearing it for a few weeks due to a combination of trying another fdtn and haven't been wearing much makeup lately, my face was oilier than usual. I realized it I had an oil based moisturizer underneath that wasn't doing good for my skin to begin with. I tried it again without the moisturizer and it was back to it great benefits. I just wish it was more in a pump. I hate that MAC discontinued it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation for years and unfortunately this is now discontinued per the MAC rep that I spoke with by phone. She recommended the Face and Body in it's place, so I may have to give that a try. :-(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

First, let me say that I've had a horrible time finding a foundation to fit my needs. I've combination skin, and every foundation I've tried has either been too dark/orange or too pink, and they've all either greased up or dried in over the course of the day.
This is my first MAC foundation, and I will be sticking with it for a while. My main intent with going for MAC, was that I would get help finding a perfect match, which I did; this one, in NC25.
Although I am prone to break-outs (and my skin hasn't been totally clear in years), I wanted a foundation that yielded light to medium coverage, seeing as I often look like I'm wearing a mask if the foundation is too heavy. This suits me perfectly, being the perfect color and perfect natural finish, and it covers just enough of my redness to make it look like my face - just better. I used to set it with MAC Select Sheer powder in NC25, but recently switched to e.l.f.'s HD powder. Together it controls my shine throughout the day, and the foundation and powder wears a good twelve hours before starting to let my natural reddish-under-eye-areas show, but that can be quickly corrected with a quick swipe of foundation and powder. However, if I'm going out for the evening I prefer to redo my make-up.
For me, this is an expensive foundation in comparisons to what I've used before, but then again, it's the best foundation I've tried so far. It sells without a pump, which annoys me a bit, seeing as I had to purchase one individually (not that it was horribly expensive, but still).
For a summary, it's good for my combination skin, giving me a natural look without looking masked, and wears through my entire school day without greasing up or drying down. I can see why some skin types will have a problem with it, but if you're like me, hard to find a foundation with light to medium coverage in the right color with the right staying power for an oily T-zone, I think it'll be worth giving it a go!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

MAC has the best range of colors, in my opinion. NC25 is a perfect match for me in this foundation. It makes my skin look smoother and plumper. I think this has one of the lightest coverage in MAC. It looks so natural, as if I have naturally smooth and clear skin.

on 11/22/2011 2:50:00 PM

I loved this product! Nice coverage!! Didn't break me out... Great staying power even without a primer!!! Would buy again:D wish it had a pump!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation works so good for me, it gives me a natural finish and a glowing complexion which I love.
Ive tried Studio Fix Fluid and Face and Body and i stated that Select stands somewhere between these two fellas when it comes to coverage.
In my opinion, Studio Fix Fluid is perfect if you are looking for a flawless complexion and full coverage. Select fits better if you are looking for a medium coverage but a nice natural glowing finish and F&B is a very light (coverage) and shinning finish foundation, you dont want to wear it if you have oily skin or is looking for some coverage.

on 7/15/2011 2:49:00 PM

Been using this foundation for many many many years... have tried other things, NOTHING does the job like MAC studio fix fluid... covers all imperfections without making it LOOK like I'm wearing a ton of makeup... The perfect foundation =)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Have been using this foundation for a few weeks... and ive been loving it!
I have the colour in NC37 which matches my darkish yellow asian skin : )
I also have normal - dry skin

^ and the staff in the mac counter are so friendly! they helped me pick the right colour and even provided me a free face (only) makeover!

I use my MAC 188 brush to blend the foundation and it gives an airbrush finish

Foundation seems to be medium - sheer coverage

PROS
Its water based, which feels thin and NOT cakey! :)
Its also not 100% matte, so looks natural- perfect for everyday
Photographs nicely - Wore this to my school formal occasion and my face did not look pale!
No breakouts
Can be mixed with moisturizer to make it into tinted moisturizer
Packaging is amazing! - many people say they had to buy a pump separately but when i bought the foundation they gave me a free pump hhmm...
has spf
long lasting- with moisturizer & primer I had this on for 7 hours one night (and i was dancing heh)

CONS
NONE!

on 1/18/2011 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

My first MAC foundation, really my first non-drugstore purchase. I was recommended this by a SA, she matched me to NC50. I had my doubts but it's does what it should. It stays for 6/7 hours and goes on smooth.