MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 1/3/2003 10:29:00 PM

A "must try" new foundation from MAC! This texture and coverage was perfect, it wore all day and left a nice matte finish that felt great too. I don't like a heavy/noticeable foundation, but this was great and didn't have to set it with powder! I bought it from Nordies and they said it is only available there until next month?

on 1/5/2003 5:53:00 PM

Bought this from the MAC store in Tysons Galleria (McLean, VA) on Friday... Can't get over how great this stuff is! Light to medium coverage, very sheer and natural. My skin looks great! Just a tip, though - if you're comparing to other MAC shades, this foundation runs a bit light. I normally wear NC35 (Studio Fix)and had to go up to NC37 for this. This foundation is a must buy if you're going for the natural look.

on 1/10/2003 7:32:00 PM

i am loving this foundation. Great color match for me.

on 1/23/2003 1:06:00 AM

I think most people will find something to like about this foundation. I did, but it doesn't mean I would buy it again. The positives: I found this easy to blend, and it had light to medium coverage (and was able to reduce redness in my skin). The bottle opening is wide enough to make dispensing the product easy without those annoying bubbles that form in the neck of some bottles, spraying foundation all over the place. The texture was smooth and my skin appeared very smooth after applying this foundation, especially with a touch of loose powder applied with a velour puff afterwards.

The downsides: I don't care for the smell at all. It dissipates quickly but was unpleasant to me when applying it. I would have preferred a pump dispenser - that would have really appealed to me! This would be the perfect kind of bottle for that but they didn't go that far. Texture: although it results in a smooth appearance, this foundation doesn't have the same blendability/smoothness as Armani LSF, for example.

Overall, in spite of my mid-range rating, I think most people would find something to like in this one.

Re: color: I bought it in NC15 which, held up to my Armani LSF #2, appears slightly lighter and pinker (not more neutral as you would imagine) but seems to appear very neutral on the skin.

on 1/31/2003 6:48:00 PM

It's difficult to say that I dislike what I've been wanting from a MAC foundation: sheer to medium coverage ability build, pump, blendability and spf. But, I do. I dislike it completely. This foundation looked nice on me at first but within an hour, oilies--major! Then, came the splotchy-leavies. This is when your foundation starts deserting you in splotches making you look like you have the pregnancy mask.
UGH! Run---away!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I discovered this on a trip to Nordstrom and had to try it! The perks: good color selection (NC42 is a perfect shade. Matte finish, easy to blend (relatively--you need light to make sure you blend everywhere!). It seems to last fairly long. The jury is still out on this one. Kind of expensive, but I like the packaging!

on 2/9/2003 8:56:00 PM

Holy Grail. I have finally found the holy grail of foundations for my skin. This one combines the shade, texture and coverage that I want. If I were to have made my own foundation, this would be it. It is for normal skin (mine's dry and this is fine), the shade is perfect for my ppp skin, I'm a NC20 and it's perfect over the pinkness of my nose and chin. It blends like a dream and the coverage is light to med. and it's fairly densely pigmented, meaning that if you blend it out to a lighter coverage, you still have some coverage, it does not just wipe off. I can't say enough good about this foundation. It's wonderful.

on 2/10/2003 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I would definitely prefer a pump, but other than that packaging quibble, I am a huge fan. It does tend to run a little light, but if you can find your shade (I ended up buying both the NC43 and 45 to blend), it gives you a FLAWLESS finish. It's matte, but not mask-like. It blends beautifully. And it's just the right amount of coverage for me, more of a light to medium. Since my skin is drier in the winter, I wanted to move to liquid, but I can't stand the feeling of foundation on. This is very lightweight, and felt great, and didn't need a powder to set. It's early days yet, so I'll update this review if necessary, but so far, very good!

on 2/10/2003 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ive been using this foundation for a few years now and the best thing about this foundation for me is it's finish. It's very natural looking and it blends well into my skin (nc20) i like the texture of the product as well, it's the perfect consistency.

Finally a MAC foundation thats not too cakey. This is a pretty good coverage too. It feels silky. I am the shade NW20 which matches me perfectly.