MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation
MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation NC20Bobbi Brown Make UP

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 6/7/2018 7:42:00 PM

I think this might have been THE product that killed all interest in future MAC base products. Alongside the Studio Fix compact, with its ability to dry my skin and highlight each individual skin flake x1000.
MAC isn't exactly the cheapest brand around and back then, I thought more money = better product. Oho, how wrong I was.

Got this in NW15, seemed a good match on my hand and the MAC sales lady told me it was perfect for oily skin as it set matte and covered acne well. Off I went, pleased as punch and eager to wear it to uni the next day. Looked alright on in the morning, headed out feeling satisfied and confident and went to morning lectures. 2 hours and 30 minutes later, I left the lecture theatre and went to the loo and when I looked in the mirror, I looked like I'd mistaken my foundation for Irn Bru. It oxidised so badly! Plus it had started to separate on the skin already, with orangey gunk in my pores and smile lines, and redness peeking in between.
I don't know if it's some particular property of my skin that reacted with it but oh my GOD this is not a foundation I could even bring myself to give to someone FOR FREE. Threw it away that evening.

I couldn't look my bank balance in the eye for a little while after I bought this...

on 8/6/2013 1:23:00 PM

This foundation always makes me look more yellow by the end of the day. I choice the shade recommended to me by 2 mac reps but the colour never seems natural to me.

I'm not surprised to hear that they are discontinuing this product.

I used this for about a year while I was in college, but it was awful for my sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. It looked heavy, emphasized my acne and pock marks, and made me break out all the time. (I was too busy with my studies and with work to bother finding another foundation at the time.)

on 10/17/2012 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been working for MAC for 4 years between freelancing and a on counter artist, and in 4 years I've NEVER shown this foundation to anyone....that pretty much shows you what I think of it. No coverage, oily feel, doesn't wear well. Not shocked they discontiuned this. On the other hand they DID dc Mineralize Satinfinish a great foundation for someone looking for lightweight coverage, only leaving us with F&B which I don't love. Every once in a blue moon a customer would come up and want to replace this and I would show them something else to fit their needs and they would indeed be much happier with my new suggestion than Select SPF. I do love Select Cover up concealer though, so even if you hate this foundation, do let it scare you away from trying the concealer. Great medium coverage while adding radiance to the under eye area...non drying...good stuff. Maybe if the foundation worked as well as the concealer it would still be around.

on 9/19/2012 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My face loves this foundation, it gives the right amount of coverage without that heavy feeling of knowing a foundation is on. I put this on with primer underneath and a set it with MSFN it looks perfect! It looks natural and true to my color, I don't look pink, orange or any other color I'm not naturally. I swear it does something to my Gingerly blush that makes it look just right. the only issue I had with this was the other day after not wearing it for a few weeks due to a combination of trying another fdtn and haven't been wearing much makeup lately, my face was oilier than usual. I realized it I had an oil based moisturizer underneath that wasn't doing good for my skin to begin with. I tried it again without the moisturizer and it was back to it great benefits. I just wish it was more in a pump. I hate that MAC discontinued it.

CONS: STREAKY!
Not lasting at all!
Bad coverage
No pump
Oily!

PROS: Every colour, availible!

This is honestly the worst foundation I've ever owned. It streaks no matter what I use to put it on (fingers, palms, wet beauty blender, dry beauty blender, brushes), and emphasizes everything bad on my face. It's horrible. I wish I could rate this a zero.

on 4/11/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have it in NC 35. This product makes me look green and I really do not know why. It also sits in my pores and makes them very noticeable despite my attempts at buffing it in.

Thanks to a terrible return policy I can't even return it so I'm stick with this trying to make it work somehow. It seems to do better when I mix it with other foundations but on its own it's just terrible.

on 12/16/2011 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish I read these reviews first.

I bought this with high hopes. I like their concealers and thought I would buy a foundation from them too. I should not have. I feel this product is partially responsible for my awful breakout in the end of November. I feel horribly ripped off.

Pros:
- Great coverage
- Matches my skin tone decently
- Packaged in a durable pump bottle

Cons:
- BREAKOUTS!

I just dont think my face likes this at all. So sad.

on 10/20/2011 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I've been through my share of MAC foundations (F&B, Stick, Studio Powder, Mineralize foundation etc) on the hunt for the best fit for me. And I've finally found it. This foundation was a great match for me and I am beyond pleased. My last foundation, which I exchanged for this one, was mineralized, and had little coverage with a shiny finish with specs of glitter, I could not stand. This however gives medium coverage with a semi matte finish, depending on who you ask. I've got combo skin that tends to fall towards dry so this foundation was the best match. If you are some with with really dry skin I wouldnt recommend this product, same to those with really oily skin. But, if you happen to fall somewhere inbetween give this a try.
EDIT: Has been returned, unfortunately didnt not live up to my inital hype. The hunt continues....