Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick
Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid LipstickSuper Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

3.3

I don't get how this is getting so hyped. I got three, but I can't remember the names. One was a bright pink, one was more of an orange pink, and the last is a mauve tone. They are soooo pretty, but I can't get over the awful formula. First, scent and taste -- if you are sensitive to those things at all, you probably won't like these. The smell made me feel so sick the first time I wore them. It's a very fake vanilla kind of scent. The mauve tone one is my favorite, but I stick a gloss over it. Why? Because of the tackiness! When I was watching reviews, I didn't think it would be that bad. But this will make your lips stick together in a very uncomfortable way. With the pink, orange one, the tackiness made it peel and get patchy. I'm gonna try playing with it a little more, but I haven't had luck with blotting, patting on, lip brush, applying it the way it states to, etc. I also don't see the amazing long lasting abilities other than the fact that it's a pain to get off. Save your cash on these.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got my hopes up with this product, I have an unhealthy obsession with lip products and lately have been trying to give Drugstore makeup another chance. This was listed in Jessica Braun's drugstore hidden gems video, and all the online swatches looked gorgeous. Even as I was in Walmart picking them up a total stranger came up to me and raved about how much she loved this liquid lipstick.

I bought two shades, 15 Lover and 10 dreamer. They do have a scent to them that reminded me of play dough, nice coverage from just one layer and dry fairly quickly. They left a strange sensation on my lips, not uncomfortable or tight but I could still "feel" it so to speak. I can confirm these last a long time, no transfer comes off if you rub your finger over your lips and the colour lasts through eating but they will give you that butt hole look and I noticed a lot of pilling on the inside of my mouth.

As for the colour themselves I do like 15 lover a lot, though it looks a little intense on my fair skin but 10 dreamer is not nearly as baby pink as the online swatches would suggest. It looks way too flesh tone on me and I look like a corpse with it on. Even layering it with other colours and glosses nothing I do can make it work.

My true rating is probably 3.5 stars, and these didn't blow me away enough to buy them again. And at $12 CAD these are on the pricier side of drugstore makeup. Most lip glosses at Sephora are only $10 more and a lot higher quality

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was hopeful for this product but it doesn't last. It gets really gross after a couple of hours. Very pigmented but just not great lasting power.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have 15 lover, I'd say it's a universal shade very pretty and 45 escapist and I'm in love. I usually hate liquid lipsticks but this is very comfortable. All the hype is worth it in my experience.

on 10/27/2017 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Color me blown away. Performs better than ALL of my $20-40 lipsticks. Dries quickly to a matte finish that feels super light on your lips. DOES NOT TRANSFER!!! Will not come off when eating greasy foods. Only comes off with makeup remover and scrubbing. Lasts all day and all night. I'm planning to buy every color. The color Pioneer is a beautiful blue-red, similar to Pat McGrath's Elson color. 5 stars, 2 thumbs up!!

on 10/24/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've been waiting for this product to be available in my area and I immediately purchased as soon as it arrived. And the wait is worth! This is so amazing I'm so hooked! From the packaging to the product itself is worth the price. Finally I've found what I've been looking for for years! I think I'm not gonna buy another brand anymore hahah! This outlast even the high-end brands. I'm a huge fan now of Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink. This is everything that I've been looking for. Staying power is unbelievable! Transfer-free which I want since I have babies to kiss and we dont want to leave lipstick marks on them,right? And of course, it stays put even after meals and drinks! How amazing is that? It even stayed on my lips for more than 48 hours I just removed it with a good oil-based makeup remover. Well, i purposedly did it to see and to check its staying power. And mind you, it's not super drying on the lips. Juat prep your pout before applying and you're good to go. I love love this product and I hope they add some more shades to choose from.

on 10/16/2017 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have Lover, nice mauve pink( not crazy about this one, a little too purple for me), Loyalist, perfect nude with a hint of pink, Dreamer, my favorite, a pretty nude pale pink, and Pioneer, a red with a hint of brown(this one I promptly gave to my sister, too dark for me). This lasts all day and I do mean all day and then some. It's too hard to get off if you want to change it, and I mean really hard to get off. I didn't think I would ever get Pioneer off but my Garnier WATERPROOF makeup remover took it off. It does dry my lips out a little. I really don't care for the look without adding some gloss over it, I blot it because it does take a long time to dry and stays sticky for longer than I like. The colors are limited but the nudes and pinks are what I prefer and they are all nice. Lover is beautiful on my friends but it is just too much purple for me. It seems to look great on everyone but me. :( The applicator is nice and soft and it has that indentation in it to pick up the product. They have a vanilla scent and sell for around 9.50. I put yes, that I would repurchase because of the staying power even though they do dry my lips out and are horribly hard to remove. I'm not really a fan of mattes and almost always end up using a gloss over it. I would repurchase because I love the color of Dreamer and it does last a long time. I use clear lip liner and they do bleed on me without it, but almost all do on me so that's not something unique to these. I took one lippie off because it stays sticky too long if you don't blot and it did dry my lips out a little plus it's SUPER hard to remove.

PS- Don't glob it on, a thin coat is all it takes and it helps with the sticky drying time.

Edited to mention 2 things . It really helps a lot for me to blot after 5 minutes or so. It seems to take that sticky layer off and help immensely with the drying time. The other thing, is I cannot recommend this for daily use, at least not for me. I wore it 4 days in a row last week and it literally sucked the life out of my lips and took me 2 days to get them hydrated and plump again. They were so dry and shriveled I thought they might disappear. I think this is good for special occasions when you go out and really need it to stay on, but for every day use, my lips can't handle it. Maybe your mileage may vary, but my lips are sensitive to products, unlike my face or eyes where I can use almost anything with no issues.

on 10/22/2017 7:33:00 PM

This stuff is so sticky and gummy, just never sets. I tried applying with a lip brush, lightest layer and it still felt bad. After several attempts, these went into the trash can.

on 10/22/2017 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I thought it would be nice to try a "super stay" lipstick that really was - the others I have tried never really stayed on, except for lip stains - which look like you were just drinking cherry kool-aid. But have to agree with the review that says "it would take an Act of Congress to remove" - hah.

It has a very gummy texture, and I usually wear it over or under another lipstick (I have the light cool pink). If I put it on first, it will stay when the other wears off, but I'll feel that gumminess. On top it's a mite bit better, but that defeats the super-stay to some extent. I decided I wouldn't buy it again - definitely - when I took plastic cups from the dishwasher and this hadn't been removed. So I left the cups in for the next wash. And the next. Even a hot, long "sterilizing" wash - which I usually never do - would not remove the lipstick marks from this stuff! I tried to scour it off, and that was difficult. Easier to just throw the cups away.

Not needing anything that tough to remove.

on 10/16/2017 11:11:00 PM

First off the formula is bad it really should be pulled. I’ve heard many different experiences with this formula l keep hearing about it having a tacky feel or just not drying down cracking settling in to lines . So who wants raisin lips bottom line this lip product is the worst I’ve been hearing lots of people say they are taking this back to the store refund time. Now l must say l’m some one who experiments with making product my self so l just had to try changing the formula to see if l could make it work yes l’m a lip makeup junkie for life. One other thing l really hate is when a company goes all out pushing a product that really isn’t what they claim . Yes l tried everything l could to make this work exfoliating my lips before applying l think l will stick to revamping this enough to maybe get some use out of it . No l do not recommend this lip product.