Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

Maybelline New York Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick
Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

3.6

on 9/15/2018 10:52:00 PM

Got this in Ruler - it was perfect for a night out, including food and drinks. I've worn long wear lipsticks before and this didn't wear off in patches. Ruler was a gorgeous dark color, not exactly brick red, not exactly berry, just perfect. However, most other images I found online looked brighter. I didn't wear lip balm under this and my lips weren't chapped prior to application.

on 8/31/2018 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I guess it's my dry lips, this lipstick doesn't work on me. After I put it on, it creates patchy and dry looks no matter how much lip gloss I put beforehand and scrubbed my lips. Georgeous color and nice applicator though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Best ever new long lasting lipstick. That is it :) (just let it dry for a while before doing anything at all and it will then last all day)

on 8/25/2018 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I picked this up because of the hype but I did not like it at all. I got the shade lover and I didn't struggle with the applicator and the color was fine. More purple than I usually go but still a flattering color.

Unfortunately this felt disgusting on my face. It doesn't ever dry down and retains an intense sticky heavy feeling.
I was able to blot this with a translucent powder and that actually helped a lot. But I am not sure it helped ENOUGH that I will ever reach for this again. I plan on giving this one more test run and then I am going to throw this in the trash.

I have decided to give this 2 stars because it does have excellent staying power. But for me that doesn't make up for the texture.

What I have heard is that the formula on these varies from shade to shade. With some colors having this sticky problem more than others.

EDIT: If you want to make this work you can put it on and then blot it aggressively while it's still wet. It will have enough pigment left but be thin enough that it can dry down better and wear for a long time. For me this improves the texture and feel to the point where I may keep it. Still a lot of work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Unlike other reviewers, I am not very fond of the diamond applicator. I find it sort of stiff and more suitable for thicker lips, my mouth is rather small and I find it difficult to use. The formula does not let mix with other lipsticks (I like to create my own colors with different lipsticks). The shade I bought is Dreamer but the bottle does not reflect the actual color of the lipstick, when I applied it, it was two shades lighter, it was a bit of a let down. I don't mind its fragance, it smells like birthday cake. It does last all day though. All in all, I won't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The absolute best liquid lippie I've ever used! I have this in the shade lover, a perfect mauve-y pink, and I'm going to buy many more shades. Applies easily, dries quick without drying my lips out too much. It doesn't stay tacky like a few other brands I can think of. The lasting power of this is phenomenal, even after eating greasy food this baby is still going strong. It is hard to remove, but I don't knock off lippies for that, cuz that's kind of the whole point of this lipstick, right? Highly recommend, Maybelline knocked it out of the park with this one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A really good product for the price if you have younger lips and like perfumy lip products. I vastly prefer Kat Von D.

PROS:
Opaque
Lasts a long time through talking and drinking
Diamond flocked applicator lets you get a precise lipline
Cute packaging reflects the colour of the lipstick inside

CONS:
Stays tacky for ages
Takes 30 minutes to fully dry down
Thick feeling and uncomfortable on lips
Not for older lips, settles into lines & makes lips look puckery
Comes off in obvious patches after eating oily foods
Strong perfumey smell similar to L'oreal lipsticks that lingers all day. Makes me feel I have sprayed perfume in my mouth :(

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My first time buying this lipstick I bought it in the shade Believer. It looks good on my brown skin. Received lots of compliments. This lipstick is Amaaazing!!! It stays on ALL DAY LONG! Seriously! I can't eat, drink, kiss and it will not budge! It's amazing. Maybe even better than high end liquid lipsticks. Maybelline y'all did that!

These totally caught my eye with the super pretty pastel colours and I fell in love with 'seductress' so I had to buy it even though I really don't need another lipstick.

It went on really smoothly, totally opaque, and the pointed applicator allowed me to tidy up the edges. It took an age to fully dry down, leaving a slightly tacky feel (A little like the Sleek Matte Me ones) which I'm not a fan of. It looked fabulous for the first hour but then it developed what I can only describe as stretch mark-like tiger stripes when I smiled! It was like the area in my lip lines wore off. NOT a good look.

I tried again today with a lighter tapped on then rubbed in with my fingers approach. This seemed to work better - less tacky feeling and no tiger stripes - but the pay off was a less opaque impact.

on 7/15/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pros: budgeproof, gorgeous colours, opaque cons: feels sticky long after application, settles into lines and dries the lips While this product isn't perfect, it stays put which is the most important feature of a liquid lipstick. I have this in several colors and use them everyday.