Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick
Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid LipstickSuper Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

3.4

on 9/21/2017 6:10:00 PM

I love this! I bought it in Lover and Heroine, and I'm planning to pick up at least four more shades. It isn't overly drying, and I like that I can wear my own gloss over it if I like and it still stays put, unlike two step long wear lipsticks.

on 9/14/2017 4:37:00 AM

The color I got is so pretty and it smells sweet. The consistency of the formula is kind of sticky but the coverage is great. Worth the money.

on 9/12/2017 9:26:00 AM

I bought this product in Dreamer, which gets 5 lippies for the color - it's pretty much the exact, perfect neutral pink shade I've been looking for: Not too peachy/baby/brown/ashy like so many other neutral pink shades tend to be. They hit neutral pink right on the head with Dreamer.

And the opacity is great, it's full coverage in one coat, so 5 lippies there, too.

But this formula - and maybe just this color since I haven't tried others - stays sticky. Around the inner edge of my lips it sticks so bad to itself that it ends up patchy. That in itself makes me say "no" to buying this again. If they fixed the formula so that it dried down like a matte liquid lip should, I'd give it a full on five lippies. But as it is, nope. The current formula pretty much trashes the product.

C'mon, Maybelline, you can do better! As it stands, maybe I can use it to find a color dupe in a different product.

I am totally in love with these matte ink lipsticks from maybelline. I have been using them daily now for just over a week and have 7 of the 10 colours available. They go on so easily thanks to the applicator and dry down to a lovely comfortable matte finish although a little sticky whilst drying that soon fades and the colour literally lasts through everything, I mean everything. These do not dry my lips out at all which was one thing I was concerned about, I apply baby lips overnight to keep my lips hydrated but so far no problems at all. The colours are beautiful my favourite being lover as it is a versatile every day kind of colour but they are all beautiful and very pigmented. I find these remove easily enough with a makeup remover wipe at the end of the day so have had no issues at all with that. All in all a big thumbs up from me, the best long lasting lip product I have used by far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in the shade Loyalist, which is amazing as an alternative to Tarte's birthday suit but just a touch lighter and more pink, but not anywhere as light as the bottle. Most lipsticks tend to dry down to a brown on me due to having pigmented lips and their formula. With this, the colour stays basically the same as when you first apply it.

My only con is that it is sort of sticky for a while and that gets annoying. It doesn't, however, wreck the finish by being sticky and doesn't lift off the colour in chunks. It's more just irritating but I find the mild stickiness goes away after a couple hours.

Where this lippie really scores points is in the wear time and the feel on the lip. It wears a remarkable amount of time and looks awesome the whole time. I put this on at 7:30am yesterday and took it off at 7:30pm and it was still looking decent after no touch ups! I checked on it 4-5 times during the day and didn't have to touch up at all. I even ate breakfast and lunch while wearing it with no problem. I also love the feeling of this, because I can't feel it on the lip after some time. It's not chalky when I lick my lip or rub my lips together like other liquid lips are.

Overall, I'm thrilled to find a nude shade I love and a formula that is just about everything I want in a lipstick.

on 9/14/2017 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

How can it only have 3.2/5?
I'm in love with maybelline new liquid lipstick products, also the superstay 24h

This lipstick does stay ALL DAY LONG I would even stay longer than it promised, 16h
This won't even budge a bit after a hardcore oily food (in Indonesia we do eat a lot of oily fried foods)
I have the Lover one and the colour is so wearable for daily use. Unfortunately they only have a small range of colours :( and I'm going to buy pioneer next.
I understand that some people say it sticks so much, because that was also I was thinking and considering about. But this could be avoided by using lip balm after it dries, then you can remove the balm slighty using tissue paper (no, it won't make your lipstick glossy)

I purchased this in the shade "Loyalist". It looks light pink on the outside of the tube but inside it's beige. Gives me a beigey, orangey, yellowish look like I have no blood coursing through my veins. Applies super sticky and makes my lips look dry and cakey. Once it dried I felt my lips, like I noticed the feel of my lips and it wasn't good. I fixed that by applying lip balm. Then I thought, hey why not just wear this really nice lipbalm and forget this stuff. So that's what I did. .

,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-Iamsheherazade-,.-~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this in "Creator" as "Lover" was sold out. I am mid-toned brown in complexion w/ a natural purple tint to my lips to begin w/, so it leans more purple on me than pink. I was afraid it may be too much for work, but it's actually nice for the fall, and I make sure not to wear excessive eye-make up w/ it. I do love that it remains ON. & I mean does NOT move. My coconut oil would not even get it off w/ it's usual one swipe. As for the cons. It does make my teeth look a little on the yellow side, it's a bit sticky & the 1st few times I wore it my lips flaked a little. However, it does what it says & lasts. I do think tho, I've bought Profusion Dollar Store mattes that do the same. In Toronto they are $14.70. I did however get mine on sale for $9. I will try it in the "Lover" color & up-date. I'm satisfied but just not wow-ed. But for the price, that's ok.

I bought this shade in Pioneer (dark beautiful red). I was super excited to try it since I had a $2 off coupon so it ended up going down to $6 at Target. When I applied it, it was somewhat tacky and took awhile to dry down to an actual matte. Later I had a nice makeout session with a friend of mine and it ended up transferring all around my mouth, making it look like I smeared a popsicle all over lips and chin. Yeah, this stuff isn't makeout-proof. No thanks. The good thing about it is the color payoff is excellent. I won't be repurchasing it though.

on 9/8/2017 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Now, I am well aware that I have sensitive skin, which is why I try every lipstick or makeup product on before I wear them, especially drug store because my skin is very hit or miss with products. I tried a little bit of this lipstick on part of my lip and left it for 30 minutes and it was fine, so as a sane person would I assumed that it would be okay all over my mouth. I was wrong.
Dead wrong.
I put on the shade Escapist before going to school, everything was going good until about halfway through my first class my lips got a bit tingly. I didn't think much of it but oh boy I should have. About 20 minutes later my lips felt like they were burning so I knew I had to take this stuff off. I went to the bathroom to try and remove the lipstick with a paper towel and some water but when I tell you that this lipstick would not budge, I mean it would NOT budge, I tried for a good 15 minutes and only a small part of it came off. I didn't know what I was supposed to do because I don't bring makeup remover to class, and I couldn't just walk off campus to go get some, so I went to the administration building where the nurse was to see if she could help me out. I walked into her office and asked her if she had any Vaseline or coconut oil, something to try and get this lipstick off. Luckily she had some coconut oil and per my experience, coconut oil usually takes makeup off pretty fast. This. Crap. Would. Not. Budge. It was as if someone super glued the color to my lips. I had to soak my lips in coconut oil to even try to start wiping off the lipstick and when I did, oh was I in for a shock. The lipstick had, from what my doctors said, given my lips a reaction and caused them to swell up a bit and burn. Layers of my lip had peeled off and I ended up with mild chemical burns on my lips, mostly my bottom lip. It felt as if I had smiled when my lips were dried and they had cracked open. It hurt so so bad. I went home and immediately put a little bit of baking soda on my lips to try and neutralize any acid left on my lips and then I went in with a deep renewal lip cream. You could tell when you looked at me where my lips had been burned because it was all red and peely and my mouth hated me. I'm not by any means saying this will happen to you, but if you have sensitive skin like me, beware because even if you don't have a reaction like I did, you may scrub away your lips trying to get the hell sent lipstick off.