Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

3.6

on 7/15/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pros: budgeproof, gorgeous colours, opaque cons: feels sticky long after application, settles into lines and dries the lips While this product isn't perfect, it stays put which is the most important feature of a liquid lipstick. I have this in several colors and use them everyday.

on 7/15/2018 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is like paint and the effect on your lips is just gross. It’s too opaque; your lips lose all dimension. The color is bold on the back of your hand and may look attractive. But on your face, it’s just too much. I got 30 Romantic (pink) and 25 Heroine (red). I actually felt relief when I got home and scrubbed it off with coconut oil. Maybe I will give these to graffiti artists and they can paint the walls with them.

on 7/9/2018 5:26:00 PM

it's super runny........can drip if you are not careful..not very spreadable on lips...gets patchy and hate the fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Simply put, this is not good. Save your money on these and go with NYX, or a Stila lipstick. This does not layer well with other lipsticks (gets patchy and clumps). It also is very sticky, and doesn’t seem to completely dry down. It goes on almost like a gloss, which i find strange. It’s thick and kind of globby (for lack of a better descriptive term). I do like to layer my lipsticks occasionally, and was so disappointed with this and how it applied. On its own, it’s not really any better. I suppose it’s cheap, and in this case you certainly get what you pay for. I bought shade 10 Dreamer. I so wanted to love this, and the color was beautiful. A gorgeous baby pink. Unfortunately the formula just did not measure up. Goopy, sticky, and mask-like. Straight up uncomfortable to wear. Skip this one!

on 6/28/2018 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
Really does super stay and won't come off without the eraser and lots of work :)
Color is beautiful and I have actually bought a few (Heroin, Voyager, and Pioneer)
Pigment is wonderful

Cons:
Smell is kind of gross
The application requires you to be able to paint as it is like a brush, not a gloss stick or a lipstick
Does not blot or spread well

on 6/27/2018 9:46:00 AM

I have this in Poet, a light peach-nude shade. I am olive-skinned and this shade is too light for me but I'm not judging it for that—not its fault. I have historically been unable to wear a liquid lip, but this is a great formulation at a good price. There are some very nice, interesting yet flattering-seeming shades in the line too. My mom has one of the brighter shades and it's definitely easier to work with than Poet. These are bulletproof. They don't trash your lips (they don't moisturize them though lol) and wear with grace.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Being someone who is very lazy about reapplying lipstick, I love a good long lasting lipstick. With that said, I'm usually not a fan of matte liquid lipsticks because most of them that I have tried are dry and emphasizes the lines on my lips. Before I found this, I used Rimmel Provocalips (this one has a two part with a gloss that you apply after the color dries down). That one is long lasting, however, after a week of use, my lips are so dry and peels like crazy. I stopped wearing long lasting liquid lipsticks because I was worried that all long lasting liquid lipsticks would do this.

Pros:
Lasts a long time
Good value
Good nude shade selection
Smells nice
Doesn't dry your lips out

Cons:
If you use bold colors, the way it wears off (flaking from inside the lips out) may look strange.
Takes a while to fully dry down
It's sticky after it dries down
Need oil cleanser/cleansing balm to fully remove

The shade selection is not bad, as Maybelline released some nude colors recently. I'm NC20 and use Lover from their core collection and Seductress from their new collection (LOVE Seductress, it reminds me of MAC Velvet Teddy). The pointy applicator is nice, I like that I can apply the product on my entire lip without having to re-dip. It smells like frosting/bakery and has no taste or tingle upon application. The application is very smooth, but it does take about 15 minutes to fully dry down (I usually do my lips while I do the rest of my face while it dries down). Once dried/locked down, it doesn't go anywhere: I have eaten oily food, drank multiple beverages, and at the end of the day 8-10 hours, it still looks great. It wears from the inside of my lips outwards. The wear isn't the most elegant as it does looks like chunks are coming out. However, since the colors I choose are pretty close to my natural lip color, I don't see this as a problem. The way it feels after it dries down is not dry, but sticky. It's not sticky like a regular lipgloss (you know when your long hair gets stuck to your lips on a windy day? Not that kind of sticky, but more like a dry-sticky). If you like to press your lips together and you expect a buttery smooth finish, you will not get it from this lipstick. I personally don't mind the sticky because it does NOT dry out my lips after a week. Removing it is not a problem if you use an oil cleanser/cleansing balm.

For me, the pros far outweighs the cons. This is HG status for me, knowing that I can wear this all day and not have to re-apply my lipstick is a blessing.

the lipcolor lasts forever and “voyager” is an amazing red - i bought 3! it’s impossible to take off and i use clinique “take the day off” or almay makeup wipes. i own 13 colors! comparable to tarte in my opinion. just wish “pioneer” #20 would be more red and less pink.

on 6/12/2018 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is better than lip sense! I love it

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT. My work requires me to wear red lipstick. My problem is, I want something that doesn't dry out my lips. And omg I tried this product and it stayed on my lips for more than 15 hrs.

I ate pizza with it too. And its still there.

You really need an oil based make up remover to take this baby off.

TIP: For your lips not to dry out. I suggest you use Pawpaw lipbalm. That's also the only lipbalm that doesnt dry my lips out.