Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

3.6

on 5/19/2018 3:32:00 AM

The best long wear formula I have tried and I have tried many high end and drug store. This tops them all. It lasts almost an entire day if I do not eat excessively greasy foods. It does not make my lips feel like they are drying out and about to crack open. I find application is key, use a small amount and allow it to dry while lips are separated and do not mash lips together. After it dries it feels a bit sticky but that goes away. I have already bought 6 shades and am in love!

I bought the shade "Poet" on a whim after collecting lippies from literally every other brand (Urban Decay vice, NYX, Wet N Wild catsuit, etc). What a surprise to find the color lasts ALL day long and does not budge! It feels creamy and smells quite pleasant too, with a slight vanilla scent. The best part? By the end of my day the color fades into a beautiful, natural-looking lip stain! Poet is a nice peachy tone, a little darker than I expected but it fades into a really great shade throughout the day.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have this in the shade seductress which is a warm rose, an amped up version of my lip colour (NC30 with pale lips, not a lot of natural pink/red). It looks natural but polished and trendy. It is not purple mauve nor is it an orange brown, which I always try to avoid both but end up with anyways. I like to put on a thin layer so end up scraping some of what is left on the applicator after I pull it out on the insides of the tube, hoping it won't get messy. This goes on smooth and even, and is sticky at first but dries smooth. I apply lip balm over this and there isn't any transfer, no lipcolour is left on the lip balm applicator. I tried to remove it and it took more effort than the average liquid lip. Worth it

on 4/17/2018 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I own this in voyager and this lasts and lasts! I love a wine colored lipstick so of course I love this. It does stay sticky so your lips never go dry all the way but this does not bother me at all.beautiful deep red, I will not purchase others but I will repurchase this one.

on 4/16/2018 5:35:00 PM

I JUST LOVE IT. I bought three of them: Loyalist, Lover and Voyager shades. They never dissapoint me. They last for sooo long, they're kiss-proof, dinner-proof, sleep-proof they just stay in place, especially the lighter shades. They do tend to get lips dry, but if you use a bit of lip balm before applying them your lips will be just fine. Recommend it to anyone that want a long-lasting lipstick. Such a shame that their awareness is so low.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in two colors, Voyager (red as a turkey’s behind) and Pioneer (brick red, maybe?). The applicator is user-friendly and as pinpoint-accurate as a Doppler radar, and it dang well better be. Once you apply this, it’s a part of your life. You must live with this lip color until frustration causes you to scratch it off with a belt sander. Pioneer is a beautiful color that makes your teeth seem whiter. Voyager seems pretty but I can’t get Pioneer off so that I can try it.

I would write more but now I have to go explain to my daughter why mommy will have brick-red lips for the rest of my life.

on 4/14/2018 7:02:00 AM

I have the shade “ Driven” which is a brown colour on me. I like how creamy the product is and I like the applicator shape. however I wouldn’t buy anymore colours because the formula is sticky on the lips and doesn’t 100% dry down

on 4/12/2018 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have to say that I have a love/hate relationship with this product.

While I love the packaging, the hues (Voyager, Seductress and Believer are my favourites, so far!) and the price point; it can dry out your lips. Almost to the point that it looks cracked. Also, precise application is key as this product is VERY unforgiving and usually stains mercilessly. It takes two swipes with a cotton pad and cold cream to remove thoroughly at the end of the day. Consider yourself warned.

Heard good things about HUDA's matte liquid lipsticks.....will keep you posted. ;-)

on 4/10/2018 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have this in the colors Fighter and Driver. Fighter has got to be the most perfect brownish red ever! And it's not yellow based so it makes your teeth look super white!!! The color stays on all day through eating, drinking etc. It doesn't feel like you have lipstick on at all. Not drying at all and it just feels like your lips with nothing on. Well done. But the color Fighter just gorgeous!!!! The color Driver is more of a nude peach and i like it but Fighter is just a prettier color. Really good product. Good job again Maybelline!

on 4/9/2018 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Tad drying, but nowhere near to nyx/urban decay/wet&wild lippies, the formula is best on Lover and Pioneer, Dreamer is also a-ok. Voyager tends to bleed and overdries lips.
Remains a bit sticky, but not a problem for me since i prefer that over paper-dry lips

As for removal, i put a lipbalm over my lips, WAIT for 5 min and then just wipe it off. Also mixes quite nicely with lipbalm if you care for a creamier formula.
Allaround a good product, i wouldnt call it sexproof,but for damn sure will last you 8 hours, and if you happen to have a hearthy fatty meal, its easy to fix and layers nicely. Would reccomend