Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick

3.2

on 1/21/2018 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lasted through a gym session and kissing my boyfriend throughout the day. I’m very impressed! It does stay a bit tacky, but not a dealbreaker for me

on 1/19/2018 8:58:00 PM

UGH! Very disappointing as this does stay on pretty well. Through smoking, eating, drinking. BUT...it feels HORRIBLE on the lips! It remains tacky and your mouth constantly sticks together and is very uncomfortable while wearing. It also takes 10-15 minutes to dry, no way will this be even close to dry in 3 minutes like the packaging says, and I tried to put as light of a coat on as possible. The other problem is when you take the applicator out of the packaging, little globs tend to fall off the applicator onto your clothes. (This WILL NOT come off your clothes!) The applicator itself sucks. It makes it very hard to apply the lipstick evenly, and if you want to touch your lipstick up it's near impossible. I have tried and tried to wear this, but each time the same problems. It's just way too messy and tacky. The more I try and use it, the more I dislike it.

on 12/31/2017 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I usually don't like liquid lipsticks but I like these! They really aren't drying at all, which is a miracle. They dry down slightly tacky and almost rubbery, which I personally prefer over the regular liquid mattes, which feel way too dry and kind of powdery. I wore the deep red one, Pioneer I think, for Christmas dinner, and it lasted through a roast, buttered bread, and mashed potatoes! I have the shades Escapist, Believer, and Visionary. The formula is universally good across those shades.

The downside is that it does wear off a bit along the inner part of your mouth, but I just put a matching, similar-colored traditional lipstick on that area to touch up. This lipstick does not really layer well, and reapplying can be a bit tricky and clumpy.

The applicator is a bit messy- I find that it picks up a bit too much product and can be a bit stringy coming out of the tube, if that makes sense, almost like little goopy drips that can get everywhere. It takes a little while to dry down, but once it's on, it stays on comfortably.

This is one of my favorite liquid lip formulas out there. I rated it 4/5 because the applicator picks up too much product, they take a while to dry, and it doesn't reapply all that well. It also can be hard to remove- I find using an oil-based remover works best. Otherwise, the formula really stands out to me, and doesn't need to be worn with any sort of balm or primer to be comfortable.

If you're like me and comfort is important when it comes to liquid lips, definitely check it out!

on 12/30/2017 12:49:00 AM

I agree with, Jullygiuly. I bought this lipstick because I love the color and was promised 16 hours of lasting coverage. Wrong! After about 1/2 an hour, it started drying out my lips, peeling and coming off in clumps. It's disappointing because the color, Voyager, was perfect! The price is excessively high for this product. I used to wear L’Oréal Endless lipstick #310, Fired up, but it was discontinued. Again, I'm really disappointed.

Thanks for at least listening to me.

on 12/25/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had picked this up as a cheap and quick fix to get me through the day and I ended up loving the product. I applied it at 2pm, showered just before midnight and I still had about 70% coverage. This lasted through dinner, a couple of drinks, desert, vaping, and washing my face. I had to use micellar water to remove the rest. Incredibile longevity, superior to even high end brands. I did not find this to be drying which can be a problems with matte liquid lipsticks. This was also very lightweight and comfortable, like not wearing lipstick. Coverage is full and opaque, though it takes a few moments to dry/set. Only con I can think of is the limited shade range. Good value as this performs well and is very inexpensive.

on 12/2/2017 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this while looking for a more "natural" or at least slightly sheer lip stain. I had wanted a sheer cranberry red stain, but such a thing apparently doesn't appear in the universe, so I got Lover, which is a dark warm-toned pink. I've honestly never owned a shade like it. For years I was obsessed with peachy pinks, then suddenly shifted to cranberry red. The color is several shades darker than my natural lip color but still passable as an MLBB and is probably the most flattering I've owned despite not being my desired "look." It applies smoothly and smells like sweet frosting with a slight liqueur.

For me, this is a NON-DRYING liquid lipstick. It feels extremely comfortable, heavy enough to feel like you're wearing something on the lips, but with slip. When it dries, however, it does become slightly uncomfortable on the lips but not outright drying. I don't experience the shriveled lips look, but it starts to feel like a very sticky layer sitting on top of lips, definitely heavier and tackier than a Chapstick.

I highly recommend this stain to people who like wearing liquid lpsticks and know how to apply and wear them well. I, unfortunately, am not one of those people. I am 99% sure you need lip liner for this and about 50% sure that a lip brush might help? For me, I talk to much, drink too much water, and am generally way too messy for this lip product and tend to wipe it to the side of my mouth more times than I probably even realize. It actually does last longer than any other lip product I have ever used, including Asian lip stains I ordered off Amazon, BUT it wears off very patchy, and I am not skilled enough and do not have long enough bathroom breaks to deal with this.

I think this is a good product, Lover is a great color, but it's too high maintenance for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Let me start by saying I DO NOT like matte lip products....at all. I don't like my lips feeling or looking dry, and I don't like the weird way they wear off...I am not a fan. However, that being said, this is the ONE AND ONLY matte lip product that I actually like, and wear frequently! It goes on very smooth and pigmented, the applicator wand works really well for getting a precise line and applying the product. Also, the product doesn't dry down to a completely dry matte, it keeps the slightest amount of tackiness to it, which I actually prefer, because then it doesn't feel so uncomfortable to wear, and it LASTS. Now, I will say that because I am not a fan of matte lip products that I almost always top a matte lip product with a gloss, and with most matte products that will completely ruin them. However, when I do that with this product it still wears a long time, and when it does wear off, it does so evenly and without leaving a weird ring of color on your lips. My one and ONLY gripe with this product is that the color of the tube doesn't match very well to the color of the product. I bought this in Loyalist thinking it was going to be a pale pink, because that's the color of the tube, it is actually more of a peachy nude. I wish they'd come out with a line of nudes and a true pale pink, but other than that one gripe, I still think it's one of the best matte lip products on the market.

on 11/28/2017 1:02:00 PM

This lip stain is awful. It is thick and clumpy, and leaves your lips shriveled and dry. It also wears off unevenly, like in dry chunks. I don't get why it was so hyped.

I don't get how this is getting so hyped. I got three, but I can't remember the names. One was a bright pink, one was more of an orange pink, and the last is a mauve tone. They are soooo pretty, but I can't get over the awful formula. First, scent and taste -- if you are sensitive to those things at all, you probably won't like these. The smell made me feel so sick the first time I wore them. It's a very fake vanilla kind of scent. The mauve tone one is my favorite, but I stick a gloss over it. Why? Because of the tackiness! When I was watching reviews, I didn't think it would be that bad. But this will make your lips stick together in a very uncomfortable way. With the pink, orange one, the tackiness made it peel and get patchy. I'm gonna try playing with it a little more, but I haven't had luck with blotting, patting on, lip brush, applying it the way it states to, etc. I also don't see the amazing long lasting abilities other than the fact that it's a pain to get off. Save your cash on these.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I saw this listed in a Jessica Braun video, and when I was in Walmart looking at them a total stranger came up to me and raved about these. However I found none of the shades really flattered me (Lover was the nicest, but too intense on my super pale skin), it smelled like playdough, it made my lips look like a butt hole, and it pilled on the insides of my lips. It did last a long time though, and while I could still feel it on my lips it didn't feel dry or uncomfortable, more like a mask. At almost $15 CAD I felt these were very expensive for drugstore and I could have spent a few more dollars on a nicer lip product from Sephora