Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Urban Decay Naked Heat

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/2/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love these types of berry burnt orange -eh pallette with a pop of color in the centre lid and we have lots of matt colors the packaging is also great love this pallette.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Just a quick initial review. I like the warmth of this pallete (finally something that doesn't look ashy on my skin) and the quality of the shadows. I'm more of a neutral girl and I feel like this takes me ever so slightly away from that zone with all the popping orange tones. I'm thinking I could get bored of this palette quicker than I want though because It feels like I can't get that much variation in looks. The one colour that I was excited about was Lumbre but then I swatched it beside Mac Expensive pink and realized that they are so similar. Expensive pink being ever so slightly lighter and more pigmented. The matte lighter browns are also really nice but are so simialr to Mac Soft Brown and Mac Saddle but more pigmented and slightly warmer. So for those reasons I have been wavering on my decision to return the pallette :(. The one colour that really surprised me in a great way is Ember. It is so crazy unique. It looks like a metallic purple/grey brown in some light and in other light it has an orange bronze irridecent look. Because of that colour alone plus some of the bright shimmery orange shades that I don't have in any other palette, I am hedging more towards keeping this. Arghhh I just wish it was an easy keep vs no keep decision. It's quite expensive palette to have if there is some duplication already in your collection.

Update1: I didn't end up returning it... and sooo glad I stuck with it. I realized that the matte shades that had Mac dupes were just so much more luxurious to put on and some how it just looked ever so slightly nicer and more pigmented on my skin. I actually find myself using this palette everyday and is so versatile in that I can use some of the colours mixed together as a blush. Also as lip colour if you dab it on top of lip balm. There is something about these warm tones and my skin colouring (NC44) that really make it easy to get this nice every day flushed eye look if I stick to the lighter and medium shades. Anyways.. love this paletted and it will transition nicely into Fall.