Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/2/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I'm a fan of Urban Decay's other Naked palettes, especially the Naked 3. I also have the ABH Modern Renaissance, Too Faced PB & Jelly palette, and Sweet Peach palette. So I'm inundated with warm, orange shades. When I saw this palette on Instagram and Youtube, though I have the other palettes, I caved and purchased it.

I admit I'm beginning to regret this palette because I think orange eyeshadows may not be the most flattering look on me. I have a light olive skin tone with cool undertones, dark brown eyes and dyed dark brown hair. The shadows themselves are gorgeous, especially Dirty Talk, Scorched and Ember. All shades apply and blend well. But every look I try is just very orange, not red, or even really amber like what Urban Decay says. I think my skin color is just not jiving with these colors, and I took down one star not because the colors didn't work for me, which I consider to be poor judgement on my part, but because I wish there was more variation in the shades.

The ABH MR, Too Faced Peach and PB & Jelly palettes I can make work for me because they are not only orange, peach or red shades. When I wear ABH MR, though I don't like the formula (too powdery and sometimes muddies on me) I can still create an intense reddish or mauve look that work on me. Sweet Peach I mix peach and purple together, or the shimmery light browns and can create wearable daytime looks. PB & Jelly I tend to use the Jelly color to balance the orange out, or tone it down by using Jammin.' But with the Naked Heat Palette, there isn't a variety of red, burgundy, plum, brown or a light shimmery shade to mix up with all these warm shades. En Fuego comes off as orange again, and Ashes isn't burgundy/plum enough to distinquish it from the other shades. Ember does help tone down the other shades, but I don't want to have to use it every time I create a look.

I'd still recommend this to someone who loves very warm eyeshadows and is fine with the shade selection being monochromatic. I personally like palettes that have colors that go together very well or are monochromatic, like the Naked 3, Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and Lorac Unzipped. Orange and Yellow in clothing colors make me look like I have jaundice so I should have realized an all orange eyeshadow palette wasn't going to work on me.

on 7/13/2017 11:02:00 PM

I am so in love with this palette! It's perfect for summer! Urban Decay is my only go to for eye shadow palettes, never found better palette even though everyone is trying to copy them.