Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/2/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love these types of berry burnt orange -eh pallette with a pop of color in the centre lid and we have lots of matt colors the packaging is also great love this pallette.

on 10/17/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I know everybody loves this palette and I loved the look of it as well when it first came out; I was excited that there were more matte shades and that the color scheme was so warm. However, when I use the shadows on my eyes, I find that the colors are so tonally similar that they tend to blend into one another and just look like one reddish-brown shadow. I use primer and I set it with concealer but I still get the same results; the shimmers also look very similar once applied on the eyes and I don't find them to be as intense as I would have liked. You cannot layer these too well because you will get fallout. I really like the brush they provided but I rather the price be lowered because I don’t need the brush. For me, this palette is just alright but that might be because social media was hyping this a lot.

on 10/10/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first Naked palette. My bf purchased the original Naked palette for my birthday but I was disappointed to see that there were only 2 matte shades so I exchanged it for Naked Heat which has 7 matte shades.

At first I was afraid this palette would be TOO red for me. I'm into neutrals and don't really do crazy makeup looks. This palette pulls more burnt-orangy on me than red and I absolutely love it! It looks even better when I self-tan. Overall if you have warm toned skin it will likely look good on you and you will love it. It's a great fall palette and I'm so glad I got it :)

on 10/10/2017 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

My very first UD palette and I gotta tell you, it's a slam dunk! My main issue with all 4 of the previous UD palettes was that they were all too shimmery and too cool toned. The Heat palette is the exact opposite! vibrant beautiful WARM colors that are buttery soft and just the right amount of matte! For once, well worth the $54 price tag! Keep going in this direction UD! I'm liking it!

on 9/19/2017 8:55:00 PM

Wanted to want this palette SO badly. So before I go knocking it let me say that UD shadows and more specifically, the naked line may be my favorite eyeshadow formulations. I go HARD on my naked, naked 3 and both basics palettes. They're my children.

I prefer warm shadows and when this came out I was so drawn and just wanting to own it and love it forever.

In summary this is not a versatile palette-- not even in the obvious sense of creating warm looks, but in the sense of all the mid tone shades are just coppery red and inevitably every look you create is going to look more or less the same when you're done.

Ounce: peachy toned vanilla shade. Satin finish like those found in the first shades of the basics palettes. Great quality. I think for my taste I would have preferred a yellow bone-ish color. But it's fine.

Chaser-- nice transition shade. Very light in tone like lighter than naked2 in the first basics palette. Obviously warm undertone. Then there is sauced and low blow. This palette is DEFINITELY not wanting for mattes. There's 8 of them.

Left side of the palette is fine and I have no qualms EXCEPT these are all warm tone browns of various saturation and basically depending how you apply to the lid and blend, you can use all of these interchangeably (example: if you use LESS of a deeper brown and blend it will look lighter). So in short I don't feel all of these are needed or necessary and that's the general theme of my issue w this palette.

Now moving on to the middle of the palette. Lumbre is beautiful. It reminded me a tad of mac expensive pink. Needed to be foiled to be built up, otherwise is wasn't really all that pigmented.

My HUGE issue w this palette is take he devil, scorched and dirty talk, apply them to your eye and voila ITS THE SAME FREAKIN COLOR 3 times. Yes, I know he devil is a matte, but even still. Once these are physically on the eye, tonally they are near identical. Hence, every look you create w this palette is the same from the interchangeable warm browns, to the 3 shades of... red. Probably some are more sensitive to nuance and I know this will be downvoted by some, but on my eyes it was basically all interchangeable looks.

Moving on to the right of the palette: cayenne reminds me of Mac brown script. Nice mid tone warm brown and slightly less red than he devil. I think for most looks you can use one over the other and basically get a very similar affect.

En fuego and ashes were flipping GORGEOUS and if I could justify a $54 eyeshadow palette just for 2 colors I would use those all the time.

And ending on a bad note I was so let down by ember. In the pan and swatched on the arm it Is a gorgeous duochromey blackened brown w red shift. It's a black base and no matter how hard I tried applied to the lids I couldn't get that duochrome shade to show up without that black base peaking through and looking off. I don't know how to explain it. Like if I took ember and stamped it onto my lid to create a smokey eye, when I went to blend into the crease it would blend away and the corners of my eyes would become charcoal and the duochrome would just blend away. Maybe it's user error, wetting the brush or building up the shade didn't help. And the fallout was insane.

So that's that. I was torn bw 2 or 3 stars but you know what the quality is up to par more or less so I think you'll either like this or you won't.

If red eyes are your thing and you wear them a few times a week I think some people can TRULY get down w this palette. Same w naked 3, it's a love or hate bc you either rock pink shadow or you don't. I like a touch of red but honestly I think the offerings in ABH MR are more than enough for me.

I wish this was more versatile. Some golds would have helped, maybe a true rose gold or copper. A terracotta that was maybe a bit more orange to break up some of the red. I dunno.

It missed the mark for me personally. I wouldn't spend the $ on it personally, thought about putting it on a wishlist but I think I'll pass all together.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So I actually got this product for free as an exchange of the Naked Smokey palette, which did not fair well on my NC50 skin. I love the Naked Heat. I plan to use this as my travel makeup palette. I usually only take a lot shadows when I am traveling for a week or longer, and this is an amazing palette for that, but still at a reasonable size (usually I take my MAC custom palette which is a little large). All of the colors look amazing on my skin and last a long time. I dont mind that there is no black because I rarely line my eyes. I think the sparkly burgundy is more than enough for the type of liner that I like to do on my eyes. I think that this is by far the best Naked Palette on the market and the best eyeshadow quality. I truly feel like my collection is complete, this is the most complete collection of warm shades that I own now...and if amazing on its own and as a supplement to other favorite shades.

on 8/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Some reviewers are saying that there are limited looks that can be done with this palette and I agree. To make this work without the colours all mixing together, I try to use contrasting shades ( light and dark). I'm not the biggest user of warm shades but sometimes the mood strikes and this palette is a good choice. I have both ABH MR and TF Sweet peach and I think Heat is closer to sweet peach if you want to compare, but I do like owning both.
I like the texture of these and I'm happy to see lots of mattes! My favourite shade is Scorched. The packaging is absolutely stunning!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the brand so of course I had to buy the new one that came out. I like about half of the colors the pigments of them are great. I wish they would give you a how to guide like the too faced kits do.

on 8/13/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The colors in this palette are lovely, and the formulations are excellent. However, I have to agree with other reviewers in that their is not enough variation btw colors in this palette. Yes, I purchased this knowing these were all burnt sunset warm shades; however, the problem is that they all blend together once on the lid in such a way that it all seems to morph into one shade. For the $54 I paid, that's quite a letdown.

I recently bought this palette as I was on the hunt for nice warm colours and the first time I tried them on was awesome. The colours are so beautiful. I think it really compliments those with brown or dark hair. All the colours are all unique in their own way. Only thing I have to say as a con is the packaging. The cover of the palette is very cool, but I personally find the packaging cheap. But then again, you are not buying the product for the packaging, you are buying the actual product. Overall, I do really look forward to using this palette!!!