Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Naked Heat

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/15/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These eye-shadows are absolutely gorgeous colours and great quality as well.
I already own both Naked 2 & 3; Basics 2 and Vice 4, so it's safe to say I'm a huge fan of UD's eyeshadows! When UD first announced this I knew I would have to buy it. The colours looked stunning and I knew they would work perfectly with my green eyes and auburn hair. I must have spent hours lusting over swatches of this online before it finally arrived.
There was no way I could wait until it was released in Australia (I think it took over a month to be released here vs. US), so I got a friend to help me purchase it from Sephora.com The first few times I tried to order it my order was cancelled because it was out of stock!

Finally I got my hands on it- love at first sight. It was even more beautiful than I'd expected and the quality was just as good as other UD shadows. There was minimal fall-out from the brush and it blended beautifully. The colours really did enhance my green eyes. I think the colours would suit most complexions, though.

I never used to wear colours this dark to the office, but my go-to shades, like Dirty Talk and Scorched, don't look too loud or trashy. I get a lot of use out of all the colours- asides maybe Low Blow (doesn't suit me) and Ashes (too dark) and have already hit the pan with Ounce (which is almost identical to Booty Call in N2). Usually, when I buy a new palette I'll use it -and only it- for a week or so and then start rotating other palettes back in. Not so with this- I've used it faithfully since it arrived months ago.

Only downsides to this palette is the lack of variety. I know that this palette has a definite 'theme', but shades like He Devil, Dirty Talk, Scorched and even Lumbre are almost identical. I will almost always use a gold or platinum shade from another palette with this. The addition of those shades would have made this palette even better.
Another downside- the writing on the outside case is starting to fade and scratch off. I prefer the N2 & 2 style cases.
I know that UD were pretty late to the party with a sunset-toned palette- it seemed like they were playing catch up with ABH MR, TF Sweet Peach and tarteist pro. That said, I own tarteist pro and find it compliments this palette, so I don't feel like I'm doubling up too much. I don't own TF Sweet Peach or ABH. Despite the market already being saturated with similar palettes, I'm glad I own this. The quality is great and the shades beautiful.

on 10/10/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first Naked palette. My bf purchased the original Naked palette for my birthday but I was disappointed to see that there were only 2 matte shades so I exchanged it for Naked Heat which has 7 matte shades.

At first I was afraid this palette would be TOO red for me. I'm into neutrals and don't really do crazy makeup looks. This palette pulls more burnt-orangy on me than red and I absolutely love it! It looks even better when I self-tan. Overall if you have warm toned skin it will likely look good on you and you will love it. It's a great fall palette and I'm so glad I got it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Ehhh... the colors are amazing (I don't use the first 4 though) but the texture just seems a little chalky to me, compared to my favorite palette, Too Faced Star Dust. I love the shimmer shadows in the Heat Palette but the matte ones are just too dry and don't go on well for me.

on 8/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Some reviewers are saying that there are limited looks that can be done with this palette and I agree. To make this work without the colours all mixing together, I try to use contrasting shades ( light and dark). I'm not the biggest user of warm shades but sometimes the mood strikes and this palette is a good choice. I have both ABH MR and TF Sweet peach and I think Heat is closer to sweet peach if you want to compare, but I do like owning both.
I like the texture of these and I'm happy to see lots of mattes! My favourite shade is Scorched. The packaging is absolutely stunning!

on 8/18/2017 6:56:00 PM

This came out right before my birthday. My sister ended up getting it for me, but I probably would have bought it myself otherwise. I'm not the biggest warm tone fan and prefer to create warm looks every now and then and use cooler shades on a daily basis. I have naked 1-3 and smoky and felt like I needed to add this to my collection. I do feel like they were late to the game with this color scheme. This isn't a palette you're going to grab to create a ton of different looks with. You can do an everyday neutral but warm look with the first cream color and the two first matte browns. But other than that it's good to be an orange or brick look. Which I'm okay with, this is fun to grab when I'm in the mood for that kind of look. I have morphe 35O which I never use and ABH modern renaissance but that's about it warm palette wise since like I said, that color scheme isn't my everyday. I never use 35O, either. I like that this has the brick/red shades and some shimmery reds. I feel like those are different amongst the coppery shimmers that usually go with the warm tones. Also the pop of plum is nice. The shimmers are kind of hard and are definitely better when used with your finger or a wet brush. The color pay off is good, not a lot of kickback, and blend pretty well. Idk though I personally feel like the formula is a tiny bit different than the other naked palettes I have. Or at least the first two. I feel like those ones are creamier. Overall I liked this and am glad to have it. Doubt I'll ever use it up so I said no to repurchase. I think you have to ask yourself a few things to determine if you want this or not because again, warm tones aren't everyone's thing and if it is your thing, a lot of things have already been brought out in that color scheme.

on 8/12/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is great quality. The shadows are amazing and pigmented and blend really easily. I actually prefer this formula to the old Naked palettes, which had a ton more fallout. I also appreciate that this palette had a ton of mattes, which always kept me from using my other Naked palettes.

However, this palette misses the mark for me. The looks end up all looking the same. There is not enough variation between the shades to be able to get a variety of looks. The undertones are all the same and some colors are too similar to each other, and on the eyes, it doesn't make a big difference between one shade and the next. For my taste, it is a little too monotone. I wish they had played around with some brighter oranges or darker red shades to add a little more spice.

So, it is a great quality palette, but if you're looking for a lot of versatility, you won't find it here.