Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my second Naked palette, i have the first one and i don't really use it much. The colors are too cool for me and end up looking muddy. When I saw the colors for Naked Heat, i was sure this was made for me. I used to buy bronzers to use as eyeshadow, i love the look of orange and amber eyes since im a redhead with green eyes. It was actually really hard to find colors like these before Naked heat came out!

I am so in love! I look forward to trying new looks every day with my palette. I use the colors on the left for every day and the ones on the right for nighttime looks. Some reviews say the looks are very similar but i don't agree—maybe its because i have fair skin, but every color shows up vividly on me. If i use the darker colors for eyeliner or even the shimmer they really stand out. So happy with this purchase!

One of favorite palettes I've ever owned!

on 10/10/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first Naked palette. My bf purchased the original Naked palette for my birthday but I was disappointed to see that there were only 2 matte shades so I exchanged it for Naked Heat which has 7 matte shades.

At first I was afraid this palette would be TOO red for me. I'm into neutrals and don't really do crazy makeup looks. This palette pulls more burnt-orangy on me than red and I absolutely love it! It looks even better when I self-tan. Overall if you have warm toned skin it will likely look good on you and you will love it. It's a great fall palette and I'm so glad I got it :)

on 10/1/2017 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you love warm, neutral, yet 'natural' looks this is practically the only palette you will need in your life, especially if you have yellow undertones in your skin. I didn't buy into the hype of any of the other naked palettes but when I saw this I grabbed it with both hands. Buttery shadows, easy to blend, classy colours. I am in love. Somebody get me back up please 😁

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I waited a long time to purchase this and finally used my Ulta dividends to bring down the cost. I am fascinated with the colors is this palette, because they remind me of fall. If you like warm colors, this is for you. As always, Urban Decay shadows are easy to blend and I think all of the colors in this palette are well pigmented. The brush is actually useable!! and I really like it. There are several good transition colors and nothing is too glittery for my 65 year old eyelids. I would recommend this palette if you do not have many warm colors and this is something you wear. I think it will last forever, as it takes so little due to the intense pigment. I liked it from the first use.

Urban Decay listened to our calls: more matte eyeshadows, less shimmer, please. Finally! (Naked Basics/Ultimate Basics is another story.) I'm glad this palette lives up to the UD quality of eyeshadow palettes: Buttery, smooth and rich pigmentation is what you get. Fallout is minimal. Well, you are allowed expect this when you pay soooo much for an eyeshadow palette, right? Those shades will flatter any skin tone, whether it's for job, school, shopping, night outs or clubbing. I've seen a few tutorials with this product on YouTube. Everyone looked amazing with this (yes, even cool toned people). The color range? Good. Not perfect. Why? I miss a rich red. Maybe mixed with a hint of brown color. Or an orange with red undertones. Something like this. You see, this has many neutral colors. The previous Naked palettes had at least one brighter or outstanding color but this one is missing that. All in all: You want/can spend some cash on a high quality eyeshadow palette? Consider purchasing this one. You want beautiful, warm neutrals? Get your money ready. You can't stop thinking about this palette? Well, what are you waiting for?

on 8/18/2017 6:56:00 PM

This came out right before my birthday. My sister ended up getting it for me, but I probably would have bought it myself otherwise. I'm not the biggest warm tone fan and prefer to create warm looks every now and then and use cooler shades on a daily basis. I have naked 1-3 and smoky and felt like I needed to add this to my collection. I do feel like they were late to the game with this color scheme. This isn't a palette you're going to grab to create a ton of different looks with. You can do an everyday neutral but warm look with the first cream color and the two first matte browns. But other than that it's good to be an orange or brick look. Which I'm okay with, this is fun to grab when I'm in the mood for that kind of look. I have morphe 35O which I never use and ABH modern renaissance but that's about it warm palette wise since like I said, that color scheme isn't my everyday. I never use 35O, either. I like that this has the brick/red shades and some shimmery reds. I feel like those are different amongst the coppery shimmers that usually go with the warm tones. Also the pop of plum is nice. The shimmers are kind of hard and are definitely better when used with your finger or a wet brush. The color pay off is good, not a lot of kickback, and blend pretty well. Idk though I personally feel like the formula is a tiny bit different than the other naked palettes I have. Or at least the first two. I feel like those ones are creamier. Overall I liked this and am glad to have it. Doubt I'll ever use it up so I said no to repurchase. I think you have to ask yourself a few things to determine if you want this or not because again, warm tones aren't everyone's thing and if it is your thing, a lot of things have already been brought out in that color scheme.

on 8/13/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The colors in this palette are lovely, and the formulations are excellent. However, I have to agree with other reviewers in that their is not enough variation btw colors in this palette. Yes, I purchased this knowing these were all burnt sunset warm shades; however, the problem is that they all blend together once on the lid in such a way that it all seems to morph into one shade. For the $54 I paid, that's quite a letdown.

I recently bought this palette as I was on the hunt for nice warm colours and the first time I tried them on was awesome. The colours are so beautiful. I think it really compliments those with brown or dark hair. All the colours are all unique in their own way. Only thing I have to say as a con is the packaging. The cover of the palette is very cool, but I personally find the packaging cheap. But then again, you are not buying the product for the packaging, you are buying the actual product. Overall, I do really look forward to using this palette!!!

"Naked Heat" is Urban Decay's most recent addition to their "Naked" line of eyeshadow palettes.

Unlike Urban Decay's "Naked 1" and "Naked 2" palettes, which focus primarily on neutral ("nude") shades, "Heat" is a collection of warm shades ranging from a buttery hue on the lightest end of the spectrum, followed by a selection of shadows representing various shades of brown, copper, bronze, and terra cotta.

Of the 12 shadows included in the palette, seven are matte (Chaser, Sauced, Lo Blow, He Devil, Cayenne, En Fuego, and Ashes). Two shades are shimmer (Ounce and Lumbre), and two are metallic (Dirty Talk and Ember). One shadow, Scorched, is a metallic with micro-shimmer.

I *always* apply powder shadows over a base of M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly. I also apply all powder shadows using brushes that have natural bristles (natural bristles hold more product because real hair is covered with overlapping "scales" called the cuticle; these scales grab onto powder products much better than smooth synthetic hairs - which prevents fallout and transfers more product from the pan to your lid). Thus, I did not and will not use the double-ended brush included in the palette to apply any of these shadows (although it works quite well for blending).

Of course, some shadows are formulated to apply sheer (I'm speaking generally here, not specifically referencing any shades included in Naked Heat). For those types of shadows, applying using a sponge-tip applicator and patting the shadow onto the lid will usually result in a more opaque finish.

I've found all of the shadows in the Naked Heat palette apply evenly, are sufficiently pigmented, and easy to blend.

Because I have blueish gray eyes, these colors look great on me and help to bring out the blue - especially those in the orange/copper range. I think there's a good selection here of lid/crease/transition shades to work with, although if your skintone is very pale, "Ounce" may not be light enough to work as a highlight.

Also note there is no black in this palette. The darkest shade, Ashes, is a deep, chocolate brown (more like semi-sweet chocolate). You'll have to reach for a shadow outside of this palette if you need something darker.

However, these two issues should not be enough to dissuade you from purchasing "Naked Heat." With only twelve shadows included in each of the "Naked" palettes, I'm glad Urban Decay decided against including two shades most regular makeup users will already have in their collections, and rather decided to fill those spots with shades that expand the palette's "heat" color theme.

The Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette has become one of my most favorite palette purchases in a long time!