Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/20/2018 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been going back and forth between the Anastasia MR palette and this. Neither seemed perfect for me, but both intrigued me. I bought both. After playing with both, Naked Heat is the one that seems to work best on me. And that, "on me" part, is huge. I am nw20, deep winter, almost black 3n hair, brown eyes. By all accounts MR should work so much better on me and Heat should just look orange. But I have odd undertones. My skin is extremely pink but with this golden undertones. Yes, my eyes are brown, but they skew on the hazel side of brown and I have dark under eye circles. As a result, when I put on the red/pink shades in MR, I always looked like I was trying to be a character (like something from Alice in Wonderland or Harley Quinn) or sick. The colors just did not compliment me or make me smile once I applied. So then I tried Heat. It is definitely different, warm toned and looks like it skews so orange. But, and I think this is where the Naked (neutral) part kicks in, it worked. Yes, it is a bit funky, very Rio de Janerio and Carnival, but it worked. It came off as less like I was putting on makeup to look like a character and more like a very summery fun smokey bronze golden goodness if I use the darker shades or the glittery shades. The softer shades gave me this peaches and cream feel and not really "OMG that is orange!" at all. I pull out orange in a bad way in EVERYTHING. But this palette works somehow. I found myself smiling every time I used it. If I went on vacation someplace warm, this would be the palette I would want to take. But even now in the dead of winter it is working.

I have had all Nakeds but the smokey. On the original Naked palette, the first part was great but the black, gray and dark ones not so much on me. Two seemed like perfection for me at first glance, but then I realized it was just a touch too cool. Naked 3 was really pretty but it just didn't rock my world. I gave it to my friend who is a brunette summer with green eyes and it is the perfect palette for her. The only palette she would ever need. I kept saying no to Heat because I have been burned by these palettes before (pardon the pun). However, Naked Heat just kept calling me even though sales people tried to push me towards 2 or 3 over Heat. Bottom line is, if this palette is intriguing you, just buy it and try it. It might really surprise you. I did not expect to love it and I do. My pic is in my profile if you need a reference.

I have all the naked pallets and I’m not going to lie, the shades in Heat didn’t look so naked and kind of scared me, the smoky one doesn’t work on me and I was worried about wasting the best part of anither £40, however I was very sunrises and this is my joint fave along with naked 3.
I haven’t experienced a lot of fallout, the shadows are super smooth and very blendable and you can create some very pretty neutral looks as well as some more dramatic very bold looks. As I mentioned above the smoky one didn’t really work for me, I could never achieve anything better than panda eyes and my lids just looked mucky with the lighter shades, however, using with heat has been a game changer and I find I’m reaching for smoky way more too.

I’m not keen on the brush, the only urban decay brush I’ve liked is the small one that comes with ultimate basics, but that’s just personal taste, I like using the real techniques brushes as I find them better quality and easier to use.

Pigment has been great, it lasts all day on me even without a primer too. Considering it’s staying power it’s very easy way to remove with a damp cloth. I always find with palettes there’s always at least one shade that you know you won’t touch. There’s not a shade I don’t like or won’t use in the pallet.

I looove this palette and would def be repurchasing if I ever run out.

on 12/6/2017 8:05:00 PM

Love the shades in this palette. The oranges and warm colors are right up my alley. Must have if you don't have these shades in your collection.

on 12/6/2017 11:57:00 AM

The package is beautiful and quality of the shadows is better than previous Naked palettes, but it is still not my favorite. The colour selection is not my cup of tea,too much pink and red.

on 10/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my second Naked palette, i have the first one and i don't really use it much. The colors are too cool for me and end up looking muddy. When I saw the colors for Naked Heat, i was sure this was made for me. I used to buy bronzers to use as eyeshadow, i love the look of orange and amber eyes since im a redhead with green eyes. It was actually really hard to find colors like these before Naked heat came out!

I am so in love! I look forward to trying new looks every day with my palette. I use the colors on the left for every day and the ones on the right for nighttime looks. Some reviews say the looks are very similar but i don't agree—maybe its because i have fair skin, but every color shows up vividly on me. If i use the darker colors for eyeliner or even the shimmer they really stand out. So happy with this purchase!

One of favorite palettes I've ever owned!

on 10/10/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first Naked palette. My bf purchased the original Naked palette for my birthday but I was disappointed to see that there were only 2 matte shades so I exchanged it for Naked Heat which has 7 matte shades.

At first I was afraid this palette would be TOO red for me. I'm into neutrals and don't really do crazy makeup looks. This palette pulls more burnt-orangy on me than red and I absolutely love it! It looks even better when I self-tan. Overall if you have warm toned skin it will likely look good on you and you will love it. It's a great fall palette and I'm so glad I got it :)

on 10/1/2017 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you love warm, neutral, yet 'natural' looks this is practically the only palette you will need in your life, especially if you have yellow undertones in your skin. I didn't buy into the hype of any of the other naked palettes but when I saw this I grabbed it with both hands. Buttery shadows, easy to blend, classy colours. I am in love. Somebody get me back up please 😁

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I waited a long time to purchase this and finally used my Ulta dividends to bring down the cost. I am fascinated with the colors is this palette, because they remind me of fall. If you like warm colors, this is for you. As always, Urban Decay shadows are easy to blend and I think all of the colors in this palette are well pigmented. The brush is actually useable!! and I really like it. There are several good transition colors and nothing is too glittery for my 65 year old eyelids. I would recommend this palette if you do not have many warm colors and this is something you wear. I think it will last forever, as it takes so little due to the intense pigment. I liked it from the first use.

Urban Decay listened to our calls: more matte eyeshadows, less shimmer, please. Finally! (Naked Basics/Ultimate Basics is another story.) I'm glad this palette lives up to the UD quality of eyeshadow palettes: Buttery, smooth and rich pigmentation is what you get. Fallout is minimal. Well, you are allowed expect this when you pay soooo much for an eyeshadow palette, right? Those shades will flatter any skin tone, whether it's for job, school, shopping, night outs or clubbing. I've seen a few tutorials with this product on YouTube. Everyone looked amazing with this (yes, even cool toned people). The color range? Good. Not perfect. Why? I miss a rich red. Maybe mixed with a hint of brown color. Or an orange with red undertones. Something like this. You see, this has many neutral colors. The previous Naked palettes had at least one brighter or outstanding color but this one is missing that. All in all: You want/can spend some cash on a high quality eyeshadow palette? Consider purchasing this one. You want beautiful, warm neutrals? Get your money ready. You can't stop thinking about this palette? Well, what are you waiting for?