Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay Naked Heat

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/15/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These eye-shadows are absolutely gorgeous colours and great quality as well.
I already own both Naked 2 & 3; Basics 2 and Vice 4, so it's safe to say I'm a huge fan of UD's eyeshadows! When UD first announced this I knew I would have to buy it. The colours looked stunning and I knew they would work perfectly with my green eyes and auburn hair. I must have spent hours lusting over swatches of this online before it finally arrived.
There was no way I could wait until it was realised in Australia (I think it took over a month to be released here vs. US), so I got a friend to help me purchase it from Sephora.com The first few times I tried to order it my order was cancelled because it was out of stock!

Finally I got my hands on it- love at first sight. It was even more beautiful than I'd expected and the quality was just as good as other UD shadows. There was minimal fall-out from the brush and it blended beautifully. The colours really did enhance my green eyes. I think the colours would suit most complexions, though.

I never used to wear colours this dark to the office, but my go-to shades, like Dirty Talk and Scorched, don't look too loud or trashy. I get a lot of use out of all the colours- asides maybe Low Blow (doesn't suit me) and Ashes (too dark) and have already hit the pan with Ounce (which is almost identical to Booty Call in N2). Usually, when I buy a new palette I'll use it -and only it- for a week or so and then start rotating other palettes back in. Not so with this- I've used it faithfully since it arrived months ago.

Only downsides to this palette is the lack of variety. I know that this palette has a definite 'theme', but shades like He Devil, Dirty Talk, Scorched and even Lumbre are almost identical. I will almost always use a gold or platinum shade from another palette with this. The addition of those shades would have made this palette even better.
Another downside- the writing on the outside case is starting to fade and scratch off. I prefer the N2 & 2 style cases.
I know that UD were pretty late to the party with a sunset-toned palette- it seemed like they were playing catch up with ABH MR, TF Sweet Peach and tartelette pro. That said, I own tartelette pro and find it compliments this palette, so I don't feel like I'm doubling up too much. I don't own TF Sweet Peach or ABH. Despite the market already being saturated with similar palettes, I'm glad I own this. The quality is great and the shades beautiful.

on 8/2/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I'm a fan of Urban Decay's other Naked palettes, especially the Naked 3. I also have the ABH Modern Renaissance, Too Faced PB & Jelly palette, and Sweet Peach palette. So I'm inundated with warm, orange shades. When I saw this palette on Instagram and Youtube, though I have the other palettes, I caved and purchased it.

I admit I'm beginning to regret this palette because I think orange eyeshadows may not be the most flattering look on me. I have a light olive skin tone with cool undertones, dark brown eyes and dyed dark brown hair. The shadows themselves are gorgeous, especially Dirty Talk, Scorched and Ember. All shades apply and blend well. But every look I try is just very orange, not red, or even really amber like what Urban Decay says. I think my skin color is just not jiving with these colors, and I took down one star not because the colors didn't work for me, which I consider to be poor judgement on my part, but because I wish there was more variation in the shades.

The ABH MR, Too Faced Peach and PB & Jelly palettes I can make work for me because they are not only orange, peach or red shades. When I wear ABH MR, though I don't like the formula (too powdery and sometimes muddies on me) I can still create an intense reddish or mauve look that work on me. Sweet Peach I mix peach and purple together, or the shimmery light browns and can create wearable daytime looks. PB & Jelly I tend to use the Jelly color to balance the orange out, or tone it down by using Jammin.' But with the Naked Heat Palette, there isn't a variety of red, burgundy, plum, brown or a light shimmery shade to mix up with all these warm shades. En Fuego comes off as orange again, and Ashes isn't burgundy/plum enough to distinquish it from the other shades. Ember does help tone down the other shades, but I don't want to have to use it every time I create a look.

I'd still recommend this to someone who loves very warm eyeshadows and is fine with the shade selection being monochromatic. I personally like palettes that have colors that go together very well or are monochromatic, like the Naked 3, Too Faced Chocolate Bar, and Lorac Unzipped. Orange and Yellow in clothing colors make me look like I have jaundice so I should have realized an all orange eyeshadow palette wasn't going to work on me.