Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/6/2017 8:05:00 PM

Love the shades in this palette. The oranges and warm colors are right up my alley. Must have if you don't have these shades in your collection.

on 12/6/2017 11:57:00 AM

The package is beautiful and quality of the shadows is better than previous Naked palettes, but it is still not my favorite. The colour selection is not my cup of tea,too much pink and red.

on 12/5/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am in love with this palette. Of all the warm/sunset like palettes, this appeals to me the most. First off, I love the quality of UD shadows - perfect, buttery soft, highly pigmented. The colours have a deep undertone to them that make them exquisite on darker skin, that some of the other warm palettes are lacking and make some colours look ashy. Yes, some of the shades are similar but my absolute favourite shade of es are something along the lines of Scorched or Dirty talk so I'm not complaining. I also disagree with the need for a standout red colour. I never use the bright reds in my other palettes because they are too red for me, so I appreciate the more neutral approach to the reddish eye. It's more flattering to me. Ashes and En Fuego are incredible shades to smoke your look out as well. This is probably my favourite palette ever and I highly recommend especially to deeper skin tones.

on 10/1/2017 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you love warm, neutral, yet 'natural' looks this is practically the only palette you will need in your life, especially if you have yellow undertones in your skin. I didn't buy into the hype of any of the other naked palettes but when I saw this I grabbed it with both hands. Buttery shadows, easy to blend, classy colours. I am in love. Somebody get me back up please 😁

Urban Decay listened to our calls: more matte eyeshadows, less shimmer, please. Finally! (Naked Basics/Ultimate Basics is another story.) I'm glad this palette lives up to the UD quality of eyeshadow palettes: Buttery, smooth and rich pigmentation is what you get. Fallout is minimal. Well, you are allowed expect this when you pay soooo much for an eyeshadow palette, right? Those shades will flatter any skin tone, whether it's for job, school, shopping, night outs or clubbing. I've seen a few tutorials with this product on YouTube. Everyone looked amazing with this (yes, even cool toned people). The color range? Good. Not perfect. Why? I miss a rich red. Maybe mixed with a hint of brown color. Or an orange with red undertones. Something like this. You see, this has many neutral colors. The previous Naked palettes had at least one brighter or outstanding color but this one is missing that. All in all: You want/can spend some cash on a high quality eyeshadow palette? Consider purchasing this one. You want beautiful, warm neutrals? Get your money ready. You can't stop thinking about this palette? Well, what are you waiting for?

on 8/19/2017 9:33:00 AM

What a beautiful palette! I don't think all the looks ends up the same, for example you can use only the mattes or only lighter shades for a look. I like all the shades except Lumbre (little too pink) and Ember ( I don't know what to do with it). I like that there is no black in the palette since I hardly ever use black and when I do I can take it from another palette. I can use all the colors because none of them is too dark. Very happy about this palette! Also I have blue eyes and these kind of colors looks great!

on 8/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Some reviewers are saying that there are limited looks that can be done with this palette and I agree. To make this work without the colours all mixing together, I try to use contrasting shades ( light and dark). I'm not the biggest user of warm shades but sometimes the mood strikes and this palette is a good choice. I have both ABH MR and TF Sweet peach and I think Heat is closer to sweet peach if you want to compare, but I do like owning both.
I like the texture of these and I'm happy to see lots of mattes! My favourite shade is Scorched. The packaging is absolutely stunning!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the brand so of course I had to buy the new one that came out. I like about half of the colors the pigments of them are great. I wish they would give you a how to guide like the too faced kits do.

"Naked Heat" is Urban Decay's most recent addition to their "Naked" line of eyeshadow palettes.

Unlike Urban Decay's "Naked 1" and "Naked 2" palettes, which focus primarily on neutral ("nude") shades, "Heat" is a collection of warm shades ranging from a buttery hue on the lightest end of the spectrum, followed by a selection of shadows representing various shades of brown, copper, bronze, and terra cotta.

Of the 12 shadows included in the palette, seven are matte (Chaser, Sauced, Lo Blow, He Devil, Cayenne, En Fuego, and Ashes). Two shades are shimmer (Ounce and Lumbre), and two are metallic (Dirty Talk and Ember). One shadow, Scorched, is a metallic with micro-shimmer.

I *always* apply powder shadows over a base of M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly. I also apply all powder shadows using brushes that have natural bristles (natural bristles hold more product because real hair is covered with overlapping "scales" called the cuticle; these scales grab onto powder products much better than smooth synthetic hairs - which prevents fallout and transfers more product from the pan to your lid). Thus, I did not and will not use the double-ended brush included in the palette to apply any of these shadows (although it works quite well for blending).

Of course, some shadows are formulated to apply sheer (I'm speaking generally here, not specifically referencing any shades included in Naked Heat). For those types of shadows, applying using a sponge-tip applicator and patting the shadow onto the lid will usually result in a more opaque finish.

I've found all of the shadows in the Naked Heat palette apply evenly, are sufficiently pigmented, and easy to blend.

Because I have blueish gray eyes, these colors look great on me and help to bring out the blue - especially those in the orange/copper range. I think there's a good selection here of lid/crease/transition shades to work with, although if your skintone is very pale, "Ounce" may not be light enough to work as a highlight.

Also note there is no black in this palette. The darkest shade, Ashes, is a deep, chocolate brown (more like semi-sweet chocolate). You'll have to reach for a shadow outside of this palette if you need something darker.

However, these two issues should not be enough to dissuade you from purchasing "Naked Heat." With only twelve shadows included in each of the "Naked" palettes, I'm glad Urban Decay decided against including two shades most regular makeup users will already have in their collections, and rather decided to fill those spots with shades that expand the palette's "heat" color theme.

The Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette has become one of my most favorite palette purchases in a long time!

on 7/23/2017 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This palette is lovely but does have some flaws.

Positives
- beautiful shades
-smooth blendable yet pigmented matte shades
- creamy pigmented metallics
- colours are cohesive and easy to create a look with
- sturdy and aesthetically pleasing packaging
- decent brush

Negatives
- not much variety. It's hard to create looks that are visibly different from each other.
- some shades are too similar (he devil & cayenne or dirty talk & scorched
- the shade ounce - a frosty velvet shade. It's doesn't work well for anything and doesn't go well with all the warm shades. A matte cream would have been better.

Overall I really enjoy this palette and do use it a lot. If you love warm shades, as I do, then you too will love this palette. If you are looking for a palette to create a variety of very different looks this might not be the one for you.