Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/1/2017 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you love warm, neutral, yet 'natural' looks this is practically the only palette you will need in your life, especially if you have yellow undertones in your skin. I didn't buy into the hype of any of the other naked palettes but when I saw this I grabbed it with both hands. Buttery shadows, easy to blend, classy colours. I am in love. Somebody get me back up please 😁

Urban Decay listened to our calls: more matte eyeshadows, less shimmer, please. Finally! (Naked Basics/Ultimate Basics is another story.) I'm glad this palette lives up to the UD quality of eyeshadow palettes: Buttery, smooth and rich pigmentation is what you get. Fallout is minimal. Well, you are allowed expect this when you pay soooo much for an eyeshadow palette, right? Those shades will flatter any skin tone, whether it's for job, school, shopping, night outs or clubbing. I've seen a few tutorials with this product on YouTube. Everyone looked amazing with this (yes, even cool toned people). The color range? Good. Not perfect. Why? I miss a rich red. Maybe mixed with a hint of brown color. Or an orange with red undertones. Something like this. You see, this has many neutral colors. The previous Naked palettes had at least one brighter or outstanding color but this one is missing that. All in all: You want/can spend some cash on a high quality eyeshadow palette? Consider purchasing this one. You want beautiful, warm neutrals? Get your money ready. You can't stop thinking about this palette? Well, what are you waiting for?

on 8/19/2017 9:33:00 AM

What a beautiful palette! I don't think all the looks ends up the same, for example you can use only the mattes or only lighter shades for a look. I like all the shades except Lumbre (little too pink) and Ember ( I don't know what to do with it). I like that there is no black in the palette since I hardly ever use black and when I do I can take it from another palette. I can use all the colors because none of them is too dark. Very happy about this palette! Also I have blue eyes and these kind of colors looks great!

on 8/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Some reviewers are saying that there are limited looks that can be done with this palette and I agree. To make this work without the colours all mixing together, I try to use contrasting shades ( light and dark). I'm not the biggest user of warm shades but sometimes the mood strikes and this palette is a good choice. I have both ABH MR and TF Sweet peach and I think Heat is closer to sweet peach if you want to compare, but I do like owning both.
I like the texture of these and I'm happy to see lots of mattes! My favourite shade is Scorched. The packaging is absolutely stunning!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the brand so of course I had to buy the new one that came out. I like about half of the colors the pigments of them are great. I wish they would give you a how to guide like the too faced kits do.

"Naked Heat" is Urban Decay's most recent addition to their "Naked" line of eyeshadow palettes.

Unlike Urban Decay's "Naked 1" and "Naked 2" palettes, which focus primarily on neutral ("nude") shades, "Heat" is a collection of warm shades ranging from a buttery hue on the lightest end of the spectrum, followed by a selection of shadows representing various shades of brown, copper, bronze, and terra cotta.

Of the 12 shadows included in the palette, seven are matte (Chaser, Sauced, Lo Blow, He Devil, Cayenne, En Fuego, and Ashes). Two shades are shimmer (Ounce and Lumbre), and two are metallic (Dirty Talk and Ember). One shadow, Scorched, is a metallic with micro-shimmer.

I *always* apply powder shadows over a base of M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly. I also apply all powder shadows using brushes that have natural bristles (natural bristles hold more product because real hair is covered with overlapping "scales" called the cuticle; these scales grab onto powder products much better than smooth synthetic hairs - which prevents fallout and transfers more product from the pan to your lid). Thus, I did not and will not use the double-ended brush included in the palette to apply any of these shadows (although it works quite well for blending).

Of course, some shadows are formulated to apply sheer (I'm speaking generally here, not specifically referencing any shades included in Naked Heat). For those types of shadows, applying using a sponge-tip applicator and patting the shadow onto the lid will usually result in a more opaque finish.

I've found all of the shadows in the Naked Heat palette apply evenly, are sufficiently pigmented, and easy to blend.

Because I have blueish gray eyes, these colors look great on me and help to bring out the blue - especially those in the orange/copper range. I think there's a good selection here of lid/crease/transition shades to work with, although if your skintone is very pale, "Ounce" may not be light enough to work as a highlight.

Also note there is no black in this palette. The darkest shade, Ashes, is a deep, chocolate brown (more like semi-sweet chocolate). You'll have to reach for a shadow outside of this palette if you need something darker.

However, these two issues should not be enough to dissuade you from purchasing "Naked Heat." With only twelve shadows included in each of the "Naked" palettes, I'm glad Urban Decay decided against including two shades most regular makeup users will already have in their collections, and rather decided to fill those spots with shades that expand the palette's "heat" color theme.

The Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette has become one of my most favorite palette purchases in a long time!

on 7/23/2017 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This palette is lovely but does have some flaws.

Positives
- beautiful shades
-smooth blendable yet pigmented matte shades
- creamy pigmented metallics
- colours are cohesive and easy to create a look with
- sturdy and aesthetically pleasing packaging
- decent brush

Negatives
- not much variety. It's hard to create looks that are visibly different from each other.
- some shades are too similar (he devil & cayenne or dirty talk & scorched
- the shade ounce - a frosty velvet shade. It's doesn't work well for anything and doesn't go well with all the warm shades. A matte cream would have been better.

Overall I really enjoy this palette and do use it a lot. If you love warm shades, as I do, then you too will love this palette. If you are looking for a palette to create a variety of very different looks this might not be the one for you.

on 7/13/2017 11:02:00 PM

I am so in love with this palette! It's perfect for summer! Urban Decay is my only go to for eye shadow palettes, never found better palette even though everyone is trying to copy them.

This palette has exceeded my expectations in an Urban Decay palette in all honesty I was not happy with some of there palettes. But this has restored my faith in them 10 fold! This Naked Heat is one of the most lovely palettes I've have the pleasure of owning. The shades are so dang blendable but not too the point where they get muddy. Just a great texture and smoothness they don't make my eyes look crepy either. The colours including the shimmers are just so easy to apply with minimal to no fallout. I did a full eye look in no time with this and can see multiple looks right off the top of my head. About me very cool toned, NW20 or below, light blonde hair, and green eyes for reference. Here are some of my favorite shades.

Ounce is a great brow bone highlight and it looks so dang pretty on. It's smooth and buttery and is excellent for blending out shades and on its own it goes right in with my skintone. En Fuego, Ashes, and Cayenne in the crease are just awesome together they make a very groovy defined crease that kinda reminds me of a sunset. I use Ashes to really define it. The brush in this palette I had no problem using and I actually like it. It made applying and blending out shadows in my crease no problem whatsoever. Lumbre is gorgeous and should be made permanent imo. I love it on the lid with Scorched on the other half. I add a little ounce in the middle and it really makes my eyes standout and look bigger. I love that this palette has a lot of mattes I think this is one of the few Naked palettes that doesn't have a ton of glitter bombs. I'm super impressed at how well the shades coordinate with each other.

At first I wasn't going to buy this but once I realized that they were all neutrals and they were so pretty I thought yea I really would like it. So glad I did because I love this palette it's one of Urban Decays best for me in a while. I own Nakeds 2,3,Smokey, and now Heat and I would most definitely repurchase this. The shadows are smooth, buttery, and have minimal fallout. Much more mattes and the blend ability on these bad boys is amazing! So happy I bought this I think this could work with a majority of skintones plus they are a dream to use and make almost any look so easily. Also on me they do not crease nor settle into fine lines or transfer to my upper lid. I also like how smooth they apply and how light, pigmented, and comfortable they feel on my lids. So happy with this palette. Recommended.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This palette is wonderful. It isn't perfect, but it is nearly perfect in my opinion. I have been a fan of UD for well over a decade and I have sampled a lot of their products, and for me, Naked Heat is one of the nicest palettes they have ever put together. The outer packaging is lovely and very well-designed to go with the overall mood of the makeup that is inside. It is the first 12-pan Naked palette to come in a plastic case, but it is well-made, and the magnetic closure seems sturdy (so it would be good for travel.) The brush that comes with the palette is nice for blending out the shadows, and it is the same soft cruelty free fibers that UD uses in other palette brushes. As for the shadows themselves, there are no repromotes and no duds in terms of quality or texture. There are seven mattes and five shimmers, and they are all at least as good as the quality of UD singles. I find the shimmers especially to be among the nicest shadows I have ever tried from UD, and I have been using their shadows since they were in the metal manhole cover pots for singles. The star of this palette is probably Lumbre, which is a peach with gold shimmer that is almost duochromatic and looks wet when applied with fingertips. Lumbre is like a sexier version of UD X eye shadow but with an even nicer texture. In the pan Scorched and Dirty Talk look very similar, but swatched Scorched is a very metallic copper while Dirty Talk is a red-bronze metallic with a little iridescent sparkle. For the mattes, my favorite is probably En Fuego (the 2nd darkest shade), which is a very red-toned dark brown. In some swatch and promo photos that were on the internet before the palette was released to the public, this shade looked much more red, but in person it's definitely brown with red undertones. I think this palette is very versatile, especially if you like very warm eye looks. I can easily make day and night looks with this palette just like any other Naked palette, and the fact that this one has more mattes than shimmers definitely makes it worth having in my collection. A lot of people expect this palette to be more red-based, but even UD calls it an amber Naked palette, and I think that's a much better descriptor. The heart of the palette is Lumbre, Scorched, and Dirty Talk, all of which would fall into an amber category. I highly recommend this palette to warm-toned people and anyone who loves orangey, ambery, or bronzey eye looks. If you're a fan of warm golds this might be right up your alley as well.