Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my second Naked palette, i have the first one and i don't really use it much. The colors are too cool for me and end up looking muddy. When I saw the colors for Naked Heat, i was sure this was made for me. I used to buy bronzers to use as eyeshadow, i love the look of orange and amber eyes since im a redhead with green eyes. It was actually really hard to find colors like these before Naked heat came out!

I am so in love! I look forward to trying new looks every day with my palette. I use the colors on the left for every day and the ones on the right for nighttime looks. Some reviews say the looks are very similar but i don't agree—maybe its because i have fair skin, but every color shows up vividly on me. If i use the darker colors for eyeliner or even the shimmer they really stand out. So happy with this purchase!

One of favorite palettes I've ever owned!

on 10/10/2017 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

My very first UD palette and I gotta tell you, it's a slam dunk! My main issue with all 4 of the previous UD palettes was that they were all too shimmery and too cool toned. The Heat palette is the exact opposite! vibrant beautiful WARM colors that are buttery soft and just the right amount of matte! For once, well worth the $54 price tag! Keep going in this direction UD! I'm liking it!

on 9/24/2017 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'll start by saying this is a gorgeous palette and that there is not a single colour here that I do not love. They all apply beautifully (especially Ember, the duochrome flash in this one is amazing) and they last really well over a base of UDPP. If you are looking for a well-rounded palette, imo, this is not it. Personally, I view it as a supplemental palette, using colours from here to accent and spice up an eye look that is missing a bit of oomph. If you are going into this thinking you can create multiple totally different looks, you may end up disappointed. I'm not an expert, but I can only manage 4 completely different looks with this palette - and to me, that is just fine. I agree with some reviewers who have mentioned that a true gold or bronze, and possibly a true matte red in this palette would have rounded it out nicely. But as it stands, these shadows are amazingly easy to apply and build. Each colour will see use over time, although Ember will probably hit pan first, I really adore it. If you are a fan of warm eyes, this one will be a winner.

on 8/13/2017 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The colors in this palette are lovely, and the formulations are excellent. However, I have to agree with other reviewers in that their is not enough variation btw colors in this palette. Yes, I purchased this knowing these were all burnt sunset warm shades; however, the problem is that they all blend together once on the lid in such a way that it all seems to morph into one shade. For the $54 I paid, that's quite a letdown.

I recently bought this palette as I was on the hunt for nice warm colours and the first time I tried them on was awesome. The colours are so beautiful. I think it really compliments those with brown or dark hair. All the colours are all unique in their own way. Only thing I have to say as a con is the packaging. The cover of the palette is very cool, but I personally find the packaging cheap. But then again, you are not buying the product for the packaging, you are buying the actual product. Overall, I do really look forward to using this palette!!!

on 8/12/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is great quality. The shadows are amazing and pigmented and blend really easily. I actually prefer this formula to the old Naked palettes, which had a ton more fallout. I also appreciate that this palette had a ton of mattes, which always kept me from using my other Naked palettes.

However, this palette misses the mark for me. The looks end up all looking the same. There is not enough variation between the shades to be able to get a variety of looks. The undertones are all the same and some colors are too similar to each other, and on the eyes, it doesn't make a big difference between one shade and the next. For my taste, it is a little too monotone. I wish they had played around with some brighter oranges or darker red shades to add a little more spice.

So, it is a great quality palette, but if you're looking for a lot of versatility, you won't find it here.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Finally a Naked palette that works for me! When I first saw this palette online, I couldn't believe my eyes. It's like someone read my mind with the colors and also more mattes. Seven mattes and five shimmers. The reason I haven't bought any Naked palettes previously, is because of the ratio of shimmers to mattes. Nine shimmers to three mattes won't do it for me. I think this is the ultimate warm toned palette. The packaging is outstanding with the magnetic closure and heat theme reinforced. I am reminded once again that you pay for quality and get it from these palettes.

Most of all, I love how Urban Decay stayed true to the Heat theme and the amber, rust, red colors. They went all out on this one. For myself, this is a palette where I will use every single shadow and it's rare that I can say that. Sauced and Chaser are good transition colors and could make a nice natural day look with Low Blow. The shimmers are absolutely gorgeous. I like that the shades are similar and true to the range for this palette. The things that some have criticized are the very things that I love about this palette. The colors are very flattering to my coloring. I have dark mahogany red hair with green eyes and NW20 skin. My eyes really pop with these warm tones.

I have to stand up for the darker mattes. There has been criticism of En Fuego and Ashes. It's been said that they don't swatch well on the arm. But when I used both of them, I found them easy to apply, not chalky or lacking in pigment at all. Ember is a standout bronzy, coppery shimmer shade that is beautiful on the lid. Scorched and Dirty Talk are two different shades of red shimmer that are amazing on the lid. I see a lot of looks that I can create with these shades.

Pros -

Warm toned eye shadows that stay true to the Heat theme and have outstanding pigmentation, long wearing
Quality packaging with magnetic closure, mirror and brush included
More matte shades

I can't think of any Cons except maybe the price at $54. But you are paying for the quality of the packaging and the product. If you do not like warm tones, then this is definitely not for you.

This will most likely be one of my best loved and most used palettes. I am really pleased that Urban Decay went all out with the warm toned theme and also added more mattes.