Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/15/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These eye-shadows are absolutely gorgeous colours and great quality as well.
I already own both Naked 2 & 3; Basics 2 and Vice 4, so it's safe to say I'm a huge fan of UD's eyeshadows! When UD first announced this I knew I would have to buy it. The colours looked stunning and I knew they would work perfectly with my green eyes and auburn hair. I must have spent hours lusting over swatches of this online before it finally arrived.
There was no way I could wait until it was released in Australia (I think it took over a month to be released here vs. US), so I got a friend to help me purchase it from Sephora.com The first few times I tried to order it my order was cancelled because it was out of stock!

Finally I got my hands on it- love at first sight. It was even more beautiful than I'd expected and the quality was just as good as other UD shadows. There was minimal fall-out from the brush and it blended beautifully. The colours really did enhance my green eyes. I think the colours would suit most complexions, though.

I never used to wear colours this dark to the office, but my go-to shades, like Dirty Talk and Scorched, don't look too loud or trashy. I get a lot of use out of all the colours- asides maybe Low Blow (doesn't suit me) and Ashes (too dark) and have already hit the pan with Ounce (which is almost identical to Booty Call in N2). Usually, when I buy a new palette I'll use it -and only it- for a week or so and then start rotating other palettes back in. Not so with this- I've used it faithfully since it arrived months ago.

Only downsides to this palette is the lack of variety. I know that this palette has a definite 'theme', but shades like He Devil, Dirty Talk, Scorched and even Lumbre are almost identical. I will almost always use a gold or platinum shade from another palette with this. The addition of those shades would have made this palette even better.
Another downside- the writing on the outside case is starting to fade and scratch off. I prefer the N2 & 2 style cases.
I know that UD were pretty late to the party with a sunset-toned palette- it seemed like they were playing catch up with ABH MR, TF Sweet Peach and tarteist pro. That said, I own tarteist pro and find it compliments this palette, so I don't feel like I'm doubling up too much. I don't own TF Sweet Peach or ABH. Despite the market already being saturated with similar palettes, I'm glad I own this. The quality is great and the shades beautiful.

on 11/1/2017 7:46:00 PM

The shades are so pretty! There are a few in the palette pretty similar to each other though I will point out. I found them super easy to blend, mostly with good colour pay off too. The colours are beautiful on blue eyes, I love it.

on 9/24/2017 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'll start by saying this is a gorgeous palette and that there is not a single colour here that I do not love. They all apply beautifully (especially Ember, the duochrome flash in this one is amazing) and they last really well over a base of UDPP. If you are looking for a well-rounded palette, imo, this is not it. Personally, I view it as a supplemental palette, using colours from here to accent and spice up an eye look that is missing a bit of oomph. If you are going into this thinking you can create multiple totally different looks, you may end up disappointed. I'm not an expert, but I can only manage 4 completely different looks with this palette - and to me, that is just fine. I agree with some reviewers who have mentioned that a true gold or bronze, and possibly a true matte red in this palette would have rounded it out nicely. But as it stands, these shadows are amazingly easy to apply and build. Each colour will see use over time, although Ember will probably hit pan first, I really adore it. If you are a fan of warm eyes, this one will be a winner.

on 9/19/2017 8:55:00 PM

Wanted to want this palette SO badly. So before I go knocking it let me say that UD shadows and more specifically, the naked line may be my favorite eyeshadow formulations. I go HARD on my naked, naked 3 and both basics palettes. They're my children.

I prefer warm shadows and when this came out I was so drawn and just wanting to own it and love it forever.

In summary this is not a versatile palette-- not even in the obvious sense of creating warm looks, but in the sense of all the mid tone shades are just coppery red and inevitably every look you create is going to look more or less the same when you're done.

Ounce: peachy toned vanilla shade. Satin finish like those found in the first shades of the basics palettes. Great quality. I think for my taste I would have preferred a yellow bone-ish color. But it's fine.

Chaser-- nice transition shade. Very light in tone like lighter than naked2 in the first basics palette. Obviously warm undertone. Then there is sauced and low blow. This palette is DEFINITELY not wanting for mattes. There's 8 of them.

Left side of the palette is fine and I have no qualms EXCEPT these are all warm tone browns of various saturation and basically depending how you apply to the lid and blend, you can use all of these interchangeably (example: if you use LESS of a deeper brown and blend it will look lighter). So in short I don't feel all of these are needed or necessary and that's the general theme of my issue w this palette.

Now moving on to the middle of the palette. Lumbre is beautiful. It reminded me a tad of mac expensive pink. Needed to be foiled to be built up, otherwise is wasn't really all that pigmented.

My HUGE issue w this palette is take he devil, scorched and dirty talk, apply them to your eye and voila ITS THE SAME FREAKIN COLOR 3 times. Yes, I know he devil is a matte, but even still. Once these are physically on the eye, tonally they are near identical. Hence, every look you create w this palette is the same from the interchangeable warm browns, to the 3 shades of... red. Probably some are more sensitive to nuance and I know this will be downvoted by some, but on my eyes it was basically all interchangeable looks.

Moving on to the right of the palette: cayenne reminds me of Mac brown script. Nice mid tone warm brown and slightly less red than he devil. I think for most looks you can use one over the other and basically get a very similar affect.

En fuego and ashes were flipping GORGEOUS and if I could justify a $54 eyeshadow palette just for 2 colors I would use those all the time.

And ending on a bad note I was so let down by ember. In the pan and swatched on the arm it Is a gorgeous duochromey blackened brown w red shift. It's a black base and no matter how hard I tried applied to the lids I couldn't get that duochrome shade to show up without that black base peaking through and looking off. I don't know how to explain it. Like if I took ember and stamped it onto my lid to create a smokey eye, when I went to blend into the crease it would blend away and the corners of my eyes would become charcoal and the duochrome would just blend away. Maybe it's user error, wetting the brush or building up the shade didn't help. And the fallout was insane.

So that's that. I was torn bw 2 or 3 stars but you know what the quality is up to par more or less so I think you'll either like this or you won't.

If red eyes are your thing and you wear them a few times a week I think some people can TRULY get down w this palette. Same w naked 3, it's a love or hate bc you either rock pink shadow or you don't. I like a touch of red but honestly I think the offerings in ABH MR are more than enough for me.

I wish this was more versatile. Some golds would have helped, maybe a true rose gold or copper. A terracotta that was maybe a bit more orange to break up some of the red. I dunno.

It missed the mark for me personally. I wouldn't spend the $ on it personally, thought about putting it on a wishlist but I think I'll pass all together.

on 8/19/2017 9:33:00 AM

What a beautiful palette! I don't think all the looks ends up the same, for example you can use only the mattes or only lighter shades for a look. I like all the shades except Lumbre (little too pink) and Ember ( I don't know what to do with it). I like that there is no black in the palette since I hardly ever use black and when I do I can take it from another palette. I can use all the colors because none of them is too dark. Very happy about this palette! Also I have blue eyes and these kind of colors looks great!

on 8/19/2017 12:38:00 AM

Some reviewers are saying that there are limited looks that can be done with this palette and I agree. To make this work without the colours all mixing together, I try to use contrasting shades ( light and dark). I'm not the biggest user of warm shades but sometimes the mood strikes and this palette is a good choice. I have both ABH MR and TF Sweet peach and I think Heat is closer to sweet peach if you want to compare, but I do like owning both.
I like the texture of these and I'm happy to see lots of mattes! My favourite shade is Scorched. The packaging is absolutely stunning!

on 8/2/2017 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

my favorite naked palette... amazing color pay off! recommend to everyone!

on 7/23/2017 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This palette is lovely but does have some flaws.

Positives
- beautiful shades
-smooth blendable yet pigmented matte shades
- creamy pigmented metallics
- colours are cohesive and easy to create a look with
- sturdy and aesthetically pleasing packaging
- decent brush

Negatives
- not much variety. It's hard to create looks that are visibly different from each other.
- some shades are too similar (he devil & cayenne or dirty talk & scorched
- the shade ounce - a frosty velvet shade. It's doesn't work well for anything and doesn't go well with all the warm shades. A matte cream would have been better.

Overall I really enjoy this palette and do use it a lot. If you love warm shades, as I do, then you too will love this palette. If you are looking for a palette to create a variety of very different looks this might not be the one for you.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is great for anyone wanting to try the "opposite color" technique, it’s loaded with orange / amber shades. I think this would be a welcome addition to anyone's stash who has no/a few basic palettes and wanting something interesting, pretty, and fun.
However... I have looked through all of my other palettes and can find dupes for over half of the colors. Not exact dupes but close enough (ABH MR palette has several similar shades and is a way better formula.) The colors look the same on my eyes, probably because I’m trying to sheer them out, I can get the same effect from the dupe shades I'm finding. And just like a popular youtube reviewer said, it really could of used one or two more shades on the lighter side to balance it out, so I am taking one star off.
So… after much thought (and now a little heartbreak) I returned it. It honestly is a beautiful palette, but I’m 47 and work in a professional environment and I need to keep my looks super neutral, and I can’t get neutral from this palette. If I didn’t already have so many other fun palettes, I would keep it, but now I feel more confident dipping into those orange shades that I have neglected in my other palettes.

This palette has exceeded my expectations in an Urban Decay palette in all honesty I was not happy with some of there palettes. But this has restored my faith in them 10 fold! This Naked Heat is one of the most lovely palettes I've have the pleasure of owning. The shades are so dang blendable but not too the point where they get muddy. Just a great texture and smoothness they don't make my eyes look crepy either. The colours including the shimmers are just so easy to apply with minimal to no fallout. I did a full eye look in no time with this and can see multiple looks right off the top of my head. About me very cool toned, NW20 or below, light blonde hair, and green eyes for reference. Here are some of my favorite shades.

Ounce is a great brow bone highlight and it looks so dang pretty on. It's smooth and buttery and is excellent for blending out shades and on its own it goes right in with my skintone. En Fuego, Ashes, and Cayenne in the crease are just awesome together they make a very groovy defined crease that kinda reminds me of a sunset. I use Ashes to really define it. The brush in this palette I had no problem using and I actually like it. It made applying and blending out shadows in my crease no problem whatsoever. Lumbre is gorgeous and should be made permanent imo. I love it on the lid with Scorched on the other half. I add a little ounce in the middle and it really makes my eyes standout and look bigger. I love that this palette has a lot of mattes I think this is one of the few Naked palettes that doesn't have a ton of glitter bombs. I'm super impressed at how well the shades coordinate with each other.

At first I wasn't going to buy this but once I realized that they were all neutrals and they were so pretty I thought yea I really would like it. So glad I did because I love this palette it's one of Urban Decays best for me in a while. I own Nakeds 2,3,Smokey, and now Heat and I would most definitely repurchase this. The shadows are smooth, buttery, and have minimal fallout. Much more mattes and the blend ability on these bad boys is amazing! So happy I bought this I think this could work with a majority of skintones plus they are a dream to use and make almost any look so easily. Also on me they do not crease nor settle into fine lines or transfer to my upper lid. I also like how smooth they apply and how light, pigmented, and comfortable they feel on my lids. So happy with this palette. Recommended.