Urban Decay Naked Heat

Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/25/2018 12:48:00 PM

When it first came out I thought "I never wear red eyeshadow, PASS", 3 months later I randomly swatched the palette in Sephora and the shade "Scorched" stole my heart. I still couldn't justify the high price point though(I only owned the Naked Basics). 6 months later I found myself more drawn to the warm/red shades and my sights set back to the Naked Heat or the Tarte Toasted(which was cheaper). After reading and watching reviews and swatching in stores, my love for "Scorched" still remained, and I decided that I'd rather have colors that I absolutely adore than save a few bucks. Luckily I got my VIB 20% off coupon from Sephora and picked this baby up! It's up there with one of my favorite palettes with it's blend-ability and the GORGEOUS shimmers.

Granted people are correct in that most looks you create out of this look the same, but I love the looks so I ain't complaining!

on 3/2/2018 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In my entire life I love the warm eyeshadows. This palette is AMAZING. Not only the colors, which are "my cup of tea", but the pigmentation, the longetivity and the BLENDABILITY are perfect. Do not buy dupes of these palette. It worths the high price.

on 2/23/2018 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I always wanted one of the Naked Palettes but none of them really appealed to me enough for me to make a purchase. That was the case, until Naked Heat came along. I’m very into my blue, purple and gold eyeshadows but there was something about Naked Heat that made my mouth water and made me want it ASAP! Soon enough I received it as an Anniversary present and was not disappointed.

The shade selection is stunningly beautiful. I find the eyeshadows extremely pigmented and easy to work with, especially with you use the right brush. If you are struggling to use the shade En Fuengo, use a large dense brush like Morphe’s B40 brush and you’re good to go. The shades are very long lasting and last all day without fading. I also find that I can create a very varied amount of looks with this palette. I can create daytime, nighttime, neutral and colourful looks that don’t all look the same. My most used shades are Chaser, Sauced, Low Blow, Dirty Talk, Sorched, En Fuego and Ashes.

I love this palette so much that I just brought it’s companion palette, Petite Heat, on presale. If you’re on the fence about this palette, I’m telling you you’ll won’t be disappointed. This was the Naked pallete I was waiting for!!

on 1/20/2018 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been going back and forth between the Anastasia MR palette and this. Neither seemed perfect for me, but both intrigued me. I bought both. After playing with both, Naked Heat is the one that seems to work best on me. And that, "on me" part, is huge. I am nw20, deep winter, almost black 3n hair, brown eyes. By all accounts MR should work so much better on me and Heat should just look orange. But I have odd undertones. My skin is extremely pink but with this golden undertones. Yes, my eyes are brown, but they skew on the hazel side of brown and I have dark under eye circles. As a result, when I put on the red/pink shades in MR, I always looked like I was trying to be a character (like something from Alice in Wonderland or Harley Quinn) or sick. The colors just did not compliment me or make me smile once I applied. So then I tried Heat. It is definitely different, warm toned and looks like it skews so orange. But, and I think this is where the Naked (neutral) part kicks in, it worked. Yes, it is a bit funky, very Rio de Janerio and Carnival, but it worked. It came off as less like I was putting on makeup to look like a character and more like a very summery fun smokey bronze golden goodness if I use the darker shades or the glittery shades. The softer shades gave me this peaches and cream feel and not really "OMG that is orange!" at all. I pull out orange in a bad way in EVERYTHING. But this palette works somehow. I found myself smiling every time I used it. If I went on vacation someplace warm, this would be the palette I would want to take. But even now in the dead of winter it is working.

I have had all Nakeds but the smokey. On the original Naked palette, the first part was great but the black, gray and dark ones not so much on me. Two seemed like perfection for me at first glance, but then I realized it was just a touch too cool. Naked 3 was really pretty but it just didn't rock my world. I gave it to my friend who is a brunette summer with green eyes and it is the perfect palette for her. The only palette she would ever need. I kept saying no to Heat because I have been burned by these palettes before (pardon the pun). However, Naked Heat just kept calling me even though sales people tried to push me towards 2 or 3 over Heat. Bottom line is, if this palette is intriguing you, just buy it and try it. It might really surprise you. I did not expect to love it and I do. My pic is in my profile if you need a reference.

I have all the naked pallets and I’m not going to lie, the shades in Heat didn’t look so naked and kind of scared me, the smoky one doesn’t work on me and I was worried about wasting the best part of anither £40, however I was very sunrises and this is my joint fave along with naked 3.
I haven’t experienced a lot of fallout, the shadows are super smooth and very blendable and you can create some very pretty neutral looks as well as some more dramatic very bold looks. As I mentioned above the smoky one didn’t really work for me, I could never achieve anything better than panda eyes and my lids just looked mucky with the lighter shades, however, using with heat has been a game changer and I find I’m reaching for smoky way more too.

I’m not keen on the brush, the only urban decay brush I’ve liked is the small one that comes with ultimate basics, but that’s just personal taste, I like using the real techniques brushes as I find them better quality and easier to use.

Pigment has been great, it lasts all day on me even without a primer too. Considering it’s staying power it’s very easy way to remove with a damp cloth. I always find with palettes there’s always at least one shade that you know you won’t touch. There’s not a shade I don’t like or won’t use in the pallet.

I looove this palette and would def be repurchasing if I ever run out.

on 12/5/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am in love with this palette. Of all the warm/sunset like palettes, this appeals to me the most. First off, I love the quality of UD shadows - perfect, buttery soft, highly pigmented. The colours have a deep undertone to them that make them exquisite on darker skin, that some of the other warm palettes are lacking and make some colours look ashy. Yes, some of the shades are similar but my absolute favourite shade of es are something along the lines of Scorched or Dirty talk so I'm not complaining. I also disagree with the need for a standout red colour. I never use the bright reds in my other palettes because they are too red for me, so I appreciate the more neutral approach to the reddish eye. It's more flattering to me. Ashes and En Fuego are incredible shades to smoke your look out as well. This is probably my favourite palette ever and I highly recommend especially to deeper skin tones.

on 11/1/2017 7:46:00 PM

The shades are so pretty! There are a few in the palette pretty similar to each other though I will point out. I found them super easy to blend, mostly with good colour pay off too. The colours are beautiful on blue eyes, I love it.

on 10/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my second Naked palette, i have the first one and i don't really use it much. The colors are too cool for me and end up looking muddy. When I saw the colors for Naked Heat, i was sure this was made for me. I used to buy bronzers to use as eyeshadow, i love the look of orange and amber eyes since im a redhead with green eyes. It was actually really hard to find colors like these before Naked heat came out!

I am so in love! I look forward to trying new looks every day with my palette. I use the colors on the left for every day and the ones on the right for nighttime looks. Some reviews say the looks are very similar but i don't agree—maybe its because i have fair skin, but every color shows up vividly on me. If i use the darker colors for eyeliner or even the shimmer they really stand out. So happy with this purchase!

One of favorite palettes I've ever owned!

on 10/10/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first Naked palette. My bf purchased the original Naked palette for my birthday but I was disappointed to see that there were only 2 matte shades so I exchanged it for Naked Heat which has 7 matte shades.

At first I was afraid this palette would be TOO red for me. I'm into neutrals and don't really do crazy makeup looks. This palette pulls more burnt-orangy on me than red and I absolutely love it! It looks even better when I self-tan. Overall if you have warm toned skin it will likely look good on you and you will love it. It's a great fall palette and I'm so glad I got it :)