Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette

Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/23/2018 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was enamorated with this palette since its release. I live in Brazil and UD takes forever to launch anything here. In the case of NH, it took them a whole year to release the palette at ~75 US$.

I bought it the moment it was up in the Sephora site. It has an absolutely breath taking package... and that is all the good thing to be said about it.

This turd is the WORST MONEY SPENT in a makeup product ever. If your skintone is NC44... DON'T BUY IT!

Actually, DON'T BUY IT AT ALL!

The eyeshadows are dry, chalk and there is no pigmentation in my eyelid no matter what primer I use (WetNWild, Too faced, UDPP, Nyx Waterproof) and any of the brushes I have, be it dry or a little wet with MAC fix plus.

I've never wanted to THROW SOMETHING IN THE TRASH as I have with this palette. I can't return it to Sepgora in Brazil as they don't accept returns. I don't know if I got a bad one, but the fact is I lost money. Now I understand why people are using the Bad Habit dupe.

All stick with my Modern Ren and The Balm Nude Beach and Matte Shmaker.

PS: I've read reviews with people saying this turd has a better quality than the other Naked palette. If this is the best, I am just glad that I never wanted any of the others before this one (just because it is warm). My 5 US$ Colourpop Super Shock eyeshadows are waaaay awesome and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper. Shame on you UD.

on 12/6/2017 11:57:00 AM

The package is beautiful and quality of the shadows is better than previous Naked palettes, but it is still not my favorite. The colour selection is not my cup of tea,too much pink and red.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Ehhh... the colors are amazing (I don't use the first 4 though) but the texture just seems a little chalky to me, compared to my favorite palette, Too Faced Star Dust. I love the shimmer shadows in the Heat Palette but the matte ones are just too dry and don't go on well for me.

on 9/19/2017 8:55:00 PM

Wanted to want this palette SO badly. So before I go knocking it let me say that UD shadows and more specifically, the naked line may be my favorite eyeshadow formulations. I go HARD on my naked, naked 3 and both basics palettes. They're my children.

I prefer warm shadows and when this came out I was so drawn and just wanting to own it and love it forever.

In summary this is not a versatile palette-- not even in the obvious sense of creating warm looks, but in the sense of all the mid tone shades are just coppery red and inevitably every look you create is going to look more or less the same when you're done.

Ounce: peachy toned vanilla shade. Satin finish like those found in the first shades of the basics palettes. Great quality. I think for my taste I would have preferred a yellow bone-ish color. But it's fine.

Chaser-- nice transition shade. Very light in tone like lighter than naked2 in the first basics palette. Obviously warm undertone. Then there is sauced and low blow. This palette is DEFINITELY not wanting for mattes. There's 8 of them.

Left side of the palette is fine and I have no qualms EXCEPT these are all warm tone browns of various saturation and basically depending how you apply to the lid and blend, you can use all of these interchangeably (example: if you use LESS of a deeper brown and blend it will look lighter). So in short I don't feel all of these are needed or necessary and that's the general theme of my issue w this palette.

Now moving on to the middle of the palette. Lumbre is beautiful. It reminded me a tad of mac expensive pink. Needed to be foiled to be built up, otherwise is wasn't really all that pigmented.

My HUGE issue w this palette is take he devil, scorched and dirty talk, apply them to your eye and voila ITS THE SAME FREAKIN COLOR 3 times. Yes, I know he devil is a matte, but even still. Once these are physically on the eye, tonally they are near identical. Hence, every look you create w this palette is the same from the interchangeable warm browns, to the 3 shades of... red. Probably some are more sensitive to nuance and I know this will be downvoted by some, but on my eyes it was basically all interchangeable looks.

Moving on to the right of the palette: cayenne reminds me of Mac brown script. Nice mid tone warm brown and slightly less red than he devil. I think for most looks you can use one over the other and basically get a very similar affect.

En fuego and ashes were flipping GORGEOUS and if I could justify a $54 eyeshadow palette just for 2 colors I would use those all the time.

And ending on a bad note I was so let down by ember. In the pan and swatched on the arm it Is a gorgeous duochromey blackened brown w red shift. It's a black base and no matter how hard I tried applied to the lids I couldn't get that duochrome shade to show up without that black base peaking through and looking off. I don't know how to explain it. Like if I took ember and stamped it onto my lid to create a smokey eye, when I went to blend into the crease it would blend away and the corners of my eyes would become charcoal and the duochrome would just blend away. Maybe it's user error, wetting the brush or building up the shade didn't help. And the fallout was insane.

So that's that. I was torn bw 2 or 3 stars but you know what the quality is up to par more or less so I think you'll either like this or you won't.

If red eyes are your thing and you wear them a few times a week I think some people can TRULY get down w this palette. Same w naked 3, it's a love or hate bc you either rock pink shadow or you don't. I like a touch of red but honestly I think the offerings in ABH MR are more than enough for me.

I wish this was more versatile. Some golds would have helped, maybe a true rose gold or copper. A terracotta that was maybe a bit more orange to break up some of the red. I dunno.

It missed the mark for me personally. I wouldn't spend the $ on it personally, thought about putting it on a wishlist but I think I'll pass all together.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the brand so of course I had to buy the new one that came out. I like about half of the colors the pigments of them are great. I wish they would give you a how to guide like the too faced kits do.

on 8/13/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The colors in this palette are lovely, and the formulations are excellent. However, I have to agree with other reviewers in that their is not enough variation btw colors in this palette. Yes, I purchased this knowing these were all burnt sunset warm shades; however, the problem is that they all blend together once on the lid in such a way that it all seems to morph into one shade. For the $54 I paid, that's quite a letdown.

on 8/12/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is great quality. The shadows are amazing and pigmented and blend really easily. I actually prefer this formula to the old Naked palettes, which had a ton more fallout. I also appreciate that this palette had a ton of mattes, which always kept me from using my other Naked palettes.

However, this palette misses the mark for me. The looks end up all looking the same. There is not enough variation between the shades to be able to get a variety of looks. The undertones are all the same and some colors are too similar to each other, and on the eyes, it doesn't make a big difference between one shade and the next. For my taste, it is a little too monotone. I wish they had played around with some brighter oranges or darker red shades to add a little more spice.

So, it is a great quality palette, but if you're looking for a lot of versatility, you won't find it here.

on 10/2/2018 7:54:00 AM

This is a very versatile pallette that can be used for an infinite number of day and night looks (pintrest is great for inspiration when looking for inspiration for nighttime). I always pop on a bit of eyeshadow primer before using it but I have found that the longlivity and vibrancy of the shades is extremely good.
The shdows themselves are a dream to work with - really high quality and no chalkiness whatsoever.
The reason for my 4/5 mark is that while I do love this product and would consider purchasing it again, the brush provided with the pallette isn't great, there are some shimmer shades that I would rarely use and the pallette itself is quite expensive (I think I paid €43 for it going through an airport, I imagine the high street price for this is closer to €50).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had my Naked Heat palette for coming up to a year now. I held back from reviewing it earlier because everyone was reviewing it earlier and I think one of the important things that should go into reviewing a palette, especially a more expensive palette like this is well, did I actually end up getting any use out of it? The good news is that unlike the original Naked palette which sat gathering a thick layer of dust my Naked Heat has been pretty well loved. The catch? Only half the shades (Low Blow, He Devil, Dirty Talk, Cayenne, En Fuego and Ember) have been well used and 4 shades (Ounce, Chaser, Lumbre and Ashes) I've barely touched.

I will say that overall I think this is a good palette and I don't regret buying it. However I don't think it's an amazing palette. And the main reason for this is the problem I find the entire 'Naked' line suffers from - no versatility. The whole time I've owned this palette I have never once used it alone to create a look. If it wasn't for the beautiful and expensive packaging I would have de-potted my Naked Heat by now (to be honest I'm still tempted to). Naked Heat sticks very, very rigidly to it's theme, to the extent that even within the sunset theme the looks you can do with it are really limited. I think a truly great palette has at least one offbeat shade that makes you go "wow, I'd have never of thought of using this shade here but it works so perfectly!". Naked Heat is also sorely missing a matte pink transition shade. Because of this you can't create a true coral pink or red look only a more conservative smoky brown 'naked' coral pink look. But I guess that's the whole point of the Naked line, nothing too 'out there' so it's easy to do an eye that's subtle enough for daytime or work.

I'd still have really loved to see a pink transition shade and one "off theme" shade (perhaps a gold or yellow-gold?) in here instead of 2 redundant shades (there's two sets of near twins in here: Scorched and Dirty Talk and Low Blow and Sauced).

Shade by shade rundown:

Ounce: Ivory satin (not shimmer as described by UD) with a slight gold shift. The biggest disappointment of the palette. This shade isn't very pigmented and is just kind of 'meh' in general. I wish it had been a true duochrome.

Chaser: Very light slightly pink toned matte brown. Again disappointing. This shade is close to my skin tone, however I own several near-dupes from low end to high end, and ALL of them show up on me better than Chaser.

Sauced: A milk chocolate shade that wouldn't look out of place in one of Too Face's Chocolate Bar palettes. The quality of this shade is much better than the first two shades.

Low Blow: Another chocolate brown, but where Sauced is slightly orange toned Low Blow is slightly yellow toned. In effect they look identical on my lids, and I don't think it was necessary to include both these shades in the palette. I slightly preferred the formula of Low Blow over Sauced.

Lumbre: Coral pink shimmer with a gold shift. This was another disappointment for me. This color payoff isn't great and it didn't have the sort of intense holographic fire I would have liked. It's a decent rose gold, but nothing special. Another I wish was a duochrome.

He Devil: Absolutely love, love LOVE this shade! My ultimate red brown.

Dirty Talk: Another absolute winner, such a perfect true metallic copper! My holy grail copper eyeshadow!

Scorched: Looks very similar to Dirty Talk when wrist swatched except slightly more cooler plum toned. However on my lids Dirty Talk shows up as a beautiful clear copper whereas Scorched looks like more of a generic shimmery shade, so I didn't end up using it as much.

Cayenne: Wonderful matte true terracotta shade that reminds me of making pottery. Beautiful.

En Fuego: A lovely matte earthy plum-terracotta. It's the shade in the palette I use as an eyeliner or for smoking up looks. LOVE.

Ashes: The texture of this shade is kinda like well, ashes. Patchy with a lot of fallout. But thanks for not throwing in a lazy basic black dark shade so A for effort, Urban Decay.

Ember: One of my favourites of the palette. It's a duo-chrome shadow that's dark grey with a stunning aubergine shift.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Naked Heat contains twelve powder eyeshadows; Ounce (ivory shimmer), Chaser (light nude matte), Sauced (soft terra-cotta matte), Low Blow (brown matte), Lumbre (copper shimmer w/gold pearl shift), He Devil (burnt red matte), Dirty Talk (metallic burnt red), Scorched (metallic deep red w/gold micro-shimmer), Cayenne (deep terra-cotta matte), En Fuego (burgundy matte), Ashes (deep reddish-brown matte) and Ember (deep metallic copper-burgundy)

All of the shadows are so finely grained, highly pigmented, apply so creamily and are very easy to blend. As you'd expect from such a rich shadow, the application, blending ability and wear is exceptional; ever since buying my first shadows as a 14 year old when the brand first launched in the UK, all the way up to now as a 34 year old, I can say that I have yet to find a a eyeshadow formula that can outperform the ones that Urban Decay make. The shimmer and shifty finishes are the best wearing; they wear all the way through my working day and beyond, even without using the primer potion - over twelve or so hours until I'm ready to remove them. The matte shadows also wear well without primer, although not quite as well as the other finishes - I do notice a few creases in my makeup at the end of the day.

This palette is a must own for lovers of warm amber-toned neutral shades; the shade selection seems very 'autumn leaves' to me although I'd say that the colour scheme works for any season. Speaking of the colour scheme; there's for every skintone AND all of the shades go with every eye colour. I've had my palette for a while now and I've used every shadow at least twice and am very impressed by how versatile the colours are; night, day, subtle or dramatic - there are so many things to try here, that I've rarely worn the same look twice.

I adore using the Naked Heat palette, but I've been strict and made myself remove a lippie, because these types of shades and finishes aren't particularly unique nowadays. However as the product quality is so good, I still highly recommend that people who like wearing warmer shades pick up this palette.