Urban Decay Naked Heat

Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Ehhh... the colors are amazing (I don't use the first 4 though) but the texture just seems a little chalky to me, compared to my favorite palette, Too Faced Star Dust. I love the shimmer shadows in the Heat Palette but the matte ones are just too dry and don't go on well for me.

on 9/19/2017 8:55:00 PM

Wanted to want this palette SO badly. So before I go knocking it let me say that UD shadows and more specifically, the naked line may be my favorite eyeshadow formulations. I go HARD on my naked, naked 3 and both basics palettes. They're my children.

I prefer warm shadows and when this came out I was so drawn and just wanting to own it and love it forever.

In summary this is not a versatile palette-- not even in the obvious sense of creating warm looks, but in the sense of all the mid tone shades are just coppery red and inevitably every look you create is going to look more or less the same when you're done.

Ounce: peachy toned vanilla shade. Satin finish like those found in the first shades of the basics palettes. Great quality. I think for my taste I would have preferred a yellow bone-ish color. But it's fine.

Chaser-- nice transition shade. Very light in tone like lighter than naked2 in the first basics palette. Obviously warm undertone. Then there is sauced and low blow. This palette is DEFINITELY not wanting for mattes. There's 8 of them.

Left side of the palette is fine and I have no qualms EXCEPT these are all warm tone browns of various saturation and basically depending how you apply to the lid and blend, you can use all of these interchangeably (example: if you use LESS of a deeper brown and blend it will look lighter). So in short I don't feel all of these are needed or necessary and that's the general theme of my issue w this palette.

Now moving on to the middle of the palette. Lumbre is beautiful. It reminded me a tad of mac expensive pink. Needed to be foiled to be built up, otherwise is wasn't really all that pigmented.

My HUGE issue w this palette is take he devil, scorched and dirty talk, apply them to your eye and voila ITS THE SAME FREAKIN COLOR 3 times. Yes, I know he devil is a matte, but even still. Once these are physically on the eye, tonally they are near identical. Hence, every look you create w this palette is the same from the interchangeable warm browns, to the 3 shades of... red. Probably some are more sensitive to nuance and I know this will be downvoted by some, but on my eyes it was basically all interchangeable looks.

Moving on to the right of the palette: cayenne reminds me of Mac brown script. Nice mid tone warm brown and slightly less red than he devil. I think for most looks you can use one over the other and basically get a very similar affect.

En fuego and ashes were flipping GORGEOUS and if I could justify a $54 eyeshadow palette just for 2 colors I would use those all the time.

And ending on a bad note I was so let down by ember. In the pan and swatched on the arm it Is a gorgeous duochromey blackened brown w red shift. It's a black base and no matter how hard I tried applied to the lids I couldn't get that duochrome shade to show up without that black base peaking through and looking off. I don't know how to explain it. Like if I took ember and stamped it onto my lid to create a smokey eye, when I went to blend into the crease it would blend away and the corners of my eyes would become charcoal and the duochrome would just blend away. Maybe it's user error, wetting the brush or building up the shade didn't help. And the fallout was insane.

So that's that. I was torn bw 2 or 3 stars but you know what the quality is up to par more or less so I think you'll either like this or you won't.

If red eyes are your thing and you wear them a few times a week I think some people can TRULY get down w this palette. Same w naked 3, it's a love or hate bc you either rock pink shadow or you don't. I like a touch of red but honestly I think the offerings in ABH MR are more than enough for me.

I wish this was more versatile. Some golds would have helped, maybe a true rose gold or copper. A terracotta that was maybe a bit more orange to break up some of the red. I dunno.

It missed the mark for me personally. I wouldn't spend the $ on it personally, thought about putting it on a wishlist but I think I'll pass all together.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love the brand so of course I had to buy the new one that came out. I like about half of the colors the pigments of them are great. I wish they would give you a how to guide like the too faced kits do.

on 8/13/2017 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The colors in this palette are lovely, and the formulations are excellent. However, I have to agree with other reviewers in that their is not enough variation btw colors in this palette. Yes, I purchased this knowing these were all burnt sunset warm shades; however, the problem is that they all blend together once on the lid in such a way that it all seems to morph into one shade. For the $54 I paid, that's quite a letdown.

on 8/12/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is great quality. The shadows are amazing and pigmented and blend really easily. I actually prefer this formula to the old Naked palettes, which had a ton more fallout. I also appreciate that this palette had a ton of mattes, which always kept me from using my other Naked palettes.

However, this palette misses the mark for me. The looks end up all looking the same. There is not enough variation between the shades to be able to get a variety of looks. The undertones are all the same and some colors are too similar to each other, and on the eyes, it doesn't make a big difference between one shade and the next. For my taste, it is a little too monotone. I wish they had played around with some brighter oranges or darker red shades to add a little more spice.

So, it is a great quality palette, but if you're looking for a lot of versatility, you won't find it here.

on 11/15/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These eye-shadows are absolutely gorgeous colours and great quality as well.
I already own both Naked 2 & 3; Basics 2 and Vice 4, so it's safe to say I'm a huge fan of UD's eyeshadows! When UD first announced this I knew I would have to buy it. The colours looked stunning and I knew they would work perfectly with my green eyes and auburn hair. I must have spent hours lusting over swatches of this online before it finally arrived.
There was no way I could wait until it was released in Australia (I think it took over a month to be released here vs. US), so I got a friend to help me purchase it from Sephora.com The first few times I tried to order it my order was cancelled because it was out of stock!

Finally I got my hands on it- love at first sight. It was even more beautiful than I'd expected and the quality was just as good as other UD shadows. There was minimal fall-out from the brush and it blended beautifully. The colours really did enhance my green eyes. I think the colours would suit most complexions, though.

I never used to wear colours this dark to the office, but my go-to shades, like Dirty Talk and Scorched, don't look too loud or trashy. I get a lot of use out of all the colours- asides maybe Low Blow (doesn't suit me) and Ashes (too dark) and have already hit the pan with Ounce (which is almost identical to Booty Call in N2). Usually, when I buy a new palette I'll use it -and only it- for a week or so and then start rotating other palettes back in. Not so with this- I've used it faithfully since it arrived months ago.

Only downsides to this palette is the lack of variety. I know that this palette has a definite 'theme', but shades like He Devil, Dirty Talk, Scorched and even Lumbre are almost identical. I will almost always use a gold or platinum shade from another palette with this. The addition of those shades would have made this palette even better.
Another downside- the writing on the outside case is starting to fade and scratch off. I prefer the N2 & 2 style cases.
I know that UD were pretty late to the party with a sunset-toned palette- it seemed like they were playing catch up with ABH MR, TF Sweet Peach and tarteist pro. That said, I own tarteist pro and find it compliments this palette, so I don't feel like I'm doubling up too much. I don't own TF Sweet Peach or ABH. Despite the market already being saturated with similar palettes, I'm glad I own this. The quality is great and the shades beautiful.

on 11/2/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love these types of berry burnt orange -eh pallette with a pop of color in the centre lid and we have lots of matt colors the packaging is also great love this pallette.

on 10/17/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I know everybody loves this palette and I loved the look of it as well when it first came out; I was excited that there were more matte shades and that the color scheme was so warm. However, when I use the shadows on my eyes, I find that the colors are so tonally similar that they tend to blend into one another and just look like one reddish-brown shadow. I use primer and I set it with concealer but I still get the same results; the shimmers also look very similar once applied on the eyes and I don't find them to be as intense as I would have liked. You cannot layer these too well because you will get fallout. I really like the brush they provided but I rather the price be lowered because I don’t need the brush. For me, this palette is just alright but that might be because social media was hyping this a lot.

on 9/24/2017 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I'll start by saying this is a gorgeous palette and that there is not a single colour here that I do not love. They all apply beautifully (especially Ember, the duochrome flash in this one is amazing) and they last really well over a base of UDPP. If you are looking for a well-rounded palette, imo, this is not it. Personally, I view it as a supplemental palette, using colours from here to accent and spice up an eye look that is missing a bit of oomph. If you are going into this thinking you can create multiple totally different looks, you may end up disappointed. I'm not an expert, but I can only manage 4 completely different looks with this palette - and to me, that is just fine. I agree with some reviewers who have mentioned that a true gold or bronze, and possibly a true matte red in this palette would have rounded it out nicely. But as it stands, these shadows are amazingly easy to apply and build. Each colour will see use over time, although Ember will probably hit pan first, I really adore it. If you are a fan of warm eyes, this one will be a winner.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I waited a long time to purchase this and finally used my Ulta dividends to bring down the cost. I am fascinated with the colors is this palette, because they remind me of fall. If you like warm colors, this is for you. As always, Urban Decay shadows are easy to blend and I think all of the colors in this palette are well pigmented. The brush is actually useable!! and I really like it. There are several good transition colors and nothing is too glittery for my 65 year old eyelids. I would recommend this palette if you do not have many warm colors and this is something you wear. I think it will last forever, as it takes so little due to the intense pigment. I liked it from the first use.