Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette

Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/2/2018 7:54:00 AM

This is a very versatile pallette that can be used for an infinite number of day and night looks (pintrest is great for inspiration when looking for inspiration for nighttime). I always pop on a bit of eyeshadow primer before using it but I have found that the longlivity and vibrancy of the shades is extremely good.
The shdows themselves are a dream to work with - really high quality and no chalkiness whatsoever.
The reason for my 4/5 mark is that while I do love this product and would consider purchasing it again, the brush provided with the pallette isn't great, there are some shimmer shades that I would rarely use and the pallette itself is quite expensive (I think I paid €43 for it going through an airport, I imagine the high street price for this is closer to €50).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had my Naked Heat palette for coming up to a year now. I held back from reviewing it earlier because everyone was reviewing it earlier and I think one of the important things that should go into reviewing a palette, especially a more expensive palette like this is well, did I actually end up getting any use out of it? The good news is that unlike the original Naked palette which sat gathering a thick layer of dust my Naked Heat has been pretty well loved. The catch? Only half the shades (Low Blow, He Devil, Dirty Talk, Cayenne, En Fuego and Ember) have been well used and 4 shades (Ounce, Chaser, Lumbre and Ashes) I've barely touched.

I will say that overall I think this is a good palette and I don't regret buying it. However I don't think it's an amazing palette. And the main reason for this is the problem I find the entire 'Naked' line suffers from - no versatility. The whole time I've owned this palette I have never once used it alone to create a look. If it wasn't for the beautiful and expensive packaging I would have de-potted my Naked Heat by now (to be honest I'm still tempted to). Naked Heat sticks very, very rigidly to it's theme, to the extent that even within the sunset theme the looks you can do with it are really limited. I think a truly great palette has at least one offbeat shade that makes you go "wow, I'd have never of thought of using this shade here but it works so perfectly!". Naked Heat is also sorely missing a matte pink transition shade. Because of this you can't create a true coral pink or red look only a more conservative smoky brown 'naked' coral pink look. But I guess that's the whole point of the Naked line, nothing too 'out there' so it's easy to do an eye that's subtle enough for daytime or work.

I'd still have really loved to see a pink transition shade and one "off theme" shade (perhaps a gold or yellow-gold?) in here instead of 2 redundant shades (there's two sets of near twins in here: Scorched and Dirty Talk and Low Blow and Sauced).

Shade by shade rundown:

Ounce: Ivory satin (not shimmer as described by UD) with a slight gold shift. The biggest disappointment of the palette. This shade isn't very pigmented and is just kind of 'meh' in general. I wish it had been a true duochrome.

Chaser: Very light slightly pink toned matte brown. Again disappointing. This shade is close to my skin tone, however I own several near-dupes from low end to high end, and ALL of them show up on me better than Chaser.

Sauced: A milk chocolate shade that wouldn't look out of place in one of Too Face's Chocolate Bar palettes. The quality of this shade is much better than the first two shades.

Low Blow: Another chocolate brown, but where Sauced is slightly orange toned Low Blow is slightly yellow toned. In effect they look identical on my lids, and I don't think it was necessary to include both these shades in the palette. I slightly preferred the formula of Low Blow over Sauced.

Lumbre: Coral pink shimmer with a gold shift. This was another disappointment for me. This color payoff isn't great and it didn't have the sort of intense holographic fire I would have liked. It's a decent rose gold, but nothing special. Another I wish was a duochrome.

He Devil: Absolutely love, love LOVE this shade! My ultimate red brown.

Dirty Talk: Another absolute winner, such a perfect true metallic copper! My holy grail copper eyeshadow!

Scorched: Looks very similar to Dirty Talk when wrist swatched except slightly more cooler plum toned. However on my lids Dirty Talk shows up as a beautiful clear copper whereas Scorched looks like more of a generic shimmery shade, so I didn't end up using it as much.

Cayenne: Wonderful matte true terracotta shade that reminds me of making pottery. Beautiful.

En Fuego: A lovely matte earthy plum-terracotta. It's the shade in the palette I use as an eyeliner or for smoking up looks. LOVE.

Ashes: The texture of this shade is kinda like well, ashes. Patchy with a lot of fallout. But thanks for not throwing in a lazy basic black dark shade so A for effort, Urban Decay.

Ember: One of my favourites of the palette. It's a duo-chrome shadow that's dark grey with a stunning aubergine shift.

on 7/20/2018 12:51:00 PM

I love it- I'm a fan of neutral shades so I love the NAKED palettes. I currently own them all proving that I am willing to shell out the $ for such a great product. The diversity of colors make it easy to create different looks. I tend get a lot of copliments using this particular palette because the colors are so unique. I sometimes like to mix and match with my other palettes too. The cosistancy is smooth, pigminted and has great staying power- especially when paired with UD primer potions. The brush included in each palette is also very good. These shadows are worth every penny!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love love love this palette. The packaging is stunning very good quality with a very nice size good quality mirror. Its beautifully pigmented the shadows are so buttery and blendable. Literally the perfect formula. The brush is very nice though you will need a blending/ crease brush aswell. Enough different shades & finishes to do many complete looks. Lots of transition & crease shades lots of finishes mattes, Satin & glittery/ foiled. Some of the more glittery foiled shades look drop dead gorgeous when you first dampen the brush with a little Fix+. This and Naked 3 are my HG Palettes.

Pro’s
Beautiful sturdy packaging
Stunning shades
Fab range of finishes
Can achieve many full looks
Great value for money
Great quality mirror
Nice usable brush
Great for everyday

Con’s
Absolutely addictive I will re purchase again & again
I wish it contained a inner corner highlight. But I just use the highlighter from my shapeshifter contour palette.

My brother bought me this product in one of the Dubai airport. It’s a phenomenal product. The colours are really beautiful and they are easy to apply. I am able to build up colour without getting eyeshadow all over my cheeks or looking like I had been in a pub brawl. I really like this product, however I earn a teacher’s salary and therefore I won’t be buying it again.

on 6/23/2018 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was enamorated with this palette since its release. I live in Brazil and UD takes forever to launch anything here. In the case of NH, it took them a whole year to release the palette at ~75 US$.

I bought it the moment it was up in the Sephora site. It has an absolutely breath taking package... and that is all the good thing to be said about it.

This turd is the WORST MONEY SPENT in a makeup product ever. If your skintone is NC44... DON'T BUY IT!

Actually, DON'T BUY IT AT ALL!

The eyeshadows are dry, chalk and there is no pigmentation in my eyelid no matter what primer I use (WetNWild, Too faced, UDPP, Nyx Waterproof) and any of the brushes I have, be it dry or a little wet with MAC fix plus.

I've never wanted to THROW SOMETHING IN THE TRASH as I have with this palette. I can't return it to Sepgora in Brazil as they don't accept returns. I don't know if I got a bad one, but the fact is I lost money. Now I understand why people are using the Bad Habit dupe.

All stick with my Modern Ren and The Balm Nude Beach and Matte Shmaker.

PS: I've read reviews with people saying this turd has a better quality than the other Naked palette. If this is the best, I am just glad that I never wanted any of the others before this one (just because it is warm). My 5 US$ Colourpop Super Shock eyeshadows are waaaay awesome and waaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper. Shame on you UD.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love these colors, it was love at first sight! I have very little fallout and I can achieve many looks within this one pallete. This is a great pallete for darker skin tones.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Naked Heat contains twelve powder eyeshadows; Ounce (ivory shimmer), Chaser (light nude matte), Sauced (soft terra-cotta matte), Low Blow (brown matte), Lumbre (copper shimmer w/gold pearl shift), He Devil (burnt red matte), Dirty Talk (metallic burnt red), Scorched (metallic deep red w/gold micro-shimmer), Cayenne (deep terra-cotta matte), En Fuego (burgundy matte), Ashes (deep reddish-brown matte) and Ember (deep metallic copper-burgundy)

All of the shadows are so finely grained, highly pigmented, apply so creamily and are very easy to blend. As you'd expect from such a rich shadow, the application, blending ability and wear is exceptional; ever since buying my first shadows as a 14 year old when the brand first launched in the UK, all the way up to now as a 34 year old, I can say that I have yet to find a a eyeshadow formula that can outperform the ones that Urban Decay make. The shimmer and shifty finishes are the best wearing; they wear all the way through my working day and beyond, even without using the primer potion - over twelve or so hours until I'm ready to remove them. The matte shadows also wear well without primer, although not quite as well as the other finishes - I do notice a few creases in my makeup at the end of the day.

This palette is a must own for lovers of warm amber-toned neutral shades; the shade selection seems very 'autumn leaves' to me although I'd say that the colour scheme works for any season. Speaking of the colour scheme; there's for every skintone AND all of the shades go with every eye colour. I've had my palette for a while now and I've used every shadow at least twice and am very impressed by how versatile the colours are; night, day, subtle or dramatic - there are so many things to try here, that I've rarely worn the same look twice.

I adore using the Naked Heat palette, but I've been strict and made myself remove a lippie, because these types of shades and finishes aren't particularly unique nowadays. However as the product quality is so good, I still highly recommend that people who like wearing warmer shades pick up this palette.

on 3/25/2018 12:48:00 PM

When it first came out I thought "I never wear red eyeshadow, PASS", 3 months later I randomly swatched the palette in Sephora and the shade "Scorched" stole my heart. I still couldn't justify the high price point though(I only owned the Naked Basics). 6 months later I found myself more drawn to the warm/red shades and my sights set back to the Naked Heat or the Tarte Toasted(which was cheaper). After reading and watching reviews and swatching in stores, my love for "Scorched" still remained, and I decided that I'd rather have colors that I absolutely adore than save a few bucks. Luckily I got my VIB 20% off coupon from Sephora and picked this baby up! It's up there with one of my favorite palettes with it's blend-ability and the GORGEOUS shimmers.

Granted people are correct in that most looks you create out of this look the same, but I love the looks so I ain't complaining!

on 3/2/2018 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In my entire life I love the warm eyeshadows. This palette is AMAZING. Not only the colors, which are "my cup of tea", but the pigmentation, the longetivity and the BLENDABILITY are perfect. Do not buy dupes of these palette. It worths the high price.