Urban Decay Naked Heat

Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This palette is wonderful. It isn't perfect, but it is nearly perfect in my opinion. I have been a fan of UD for well over a decade and I have sampled a lot of their products, and for me, Naked Heat is one of the nicest palettes they have ever put together. The outer packaging is lovely and very well-designed to go with the overall mood of the makeup that is inside. It is the first 12-pan Naked palette to come in a plastic case, but it is well-made, and the magnetic closure seems sturdy (so it would be good for travel.) The brush that comes with the palette is nice for blending out the shadows, and it is the same soft cruelty free fibers that UD uses in other palette brushes. As for the shadows themselves, there are no repromotes and no duds in terms of quality or texture. There are seven mattes and five shimmers, and they are all at least as good as the quality of UD singles. I find the shimmers especially to be among the nicest shadows I have ever tried from UD, and I have been using their shadows since they were in the metal manhole cover pots for singles. The star of this palette is probably Lumbre, which is a peach with gold shimmer that is almost duochromatic and looks wet when applied with fingertips. Lumbre is like a sexier version of UD X eye shadow but with an even nicer texture. In the pan Scorched and Dirty Talk look very similar, but swatched Scorched is a very metallic copper while Dirty Talk is a red-bronze metallic with a little iridescent sparkle. For the mattes, my favorite is probably En Fuego (the 2nd darkest shade), which is a very red-toned dark brown. In some swatch and promo photos that were on the internet before the palette was released to the public, this shade looked much more red, but in person it's definitely brown with red undertones. I think this palette is very versatile, especially if you like very warm eye looks. I can easily make day and night looks with this palette just like any other Naked palette, and the fact that this one has more mattes than shimmers definitely makes it worth having in my collection. A lot of people expect this palette to be more red-based, but even UD calls it an amber Naked palette, and I think that's a much better descriptor. The heart of the palette is Lumbre, Scorched, and Dirty Talk, all of which would fall into an amber category. I highly recommend this palette to warm-toned people and anyone who loves orangey, ambery, or bronzey eye looks. If you're a fan of warm golds this might be right up your alley as well.

This palette has exceeded my expectations in an Urban Decay palette in all honesty I was not happy with some of there palettes. But this has restored my faith in them 10 fold! This Naked Heat is one of the most lovely palettes I've have the pleasure of owning. The shades are so dang blendable but not too the point where they get muddy. Just a great texture and smoothness they don't make my eyes look crepy either. The colours including the shimmers are just so easy to apply with minimal to no fallout. I did a full eye look in no time with this and can see multiple looks right off the top of my head. About me very cool toned, NW20 or below, light blonde hair, and green eyes for reference. Here are some of my favorite shades.

Ounce is a great brow bone highlight and it looks so dang pretty on. It's smooth and buttery and is excellent for blending out shades and on its own it goes right in with my skintone. En Fuego, Ashes, and Cayenne in the crease are just awesome together they make a very groovy defined crease that kinda reminds me of a sunset. I use Ashes to really define it. The brush in this palette I had no problem using and I actually like it. It made applying and blending out shadows in my crease no problem whatsoever. Lumbre is gorgeous and should be made permanent imo. I love it on the lid with Scorched on the other half. I add a little ounce in the middle and it really makes my eyes standout and look bigger. I love that this palette has a lot of mattes I think this is one of the few Naked palettes that doesn't have a ton of glitter bombs. I'm super impressed at how well the shades coordinate with each other.

At first I wasn't going to buy this but once I realized that they were all neutrals and they were so pretty I thought yea I really would like it. So glad I did because I love this palette it's one of Urban Decays best for me in a while. I own Nakeds 2,3,Smokey, and now Heat and I would most definitely repurchase this. The shadows are smooth, buttery, and have minimal fallout. Much more mattes and the blend ability on these bad boys is amazing! So happy I bought this I think this could work with a majority of skintones plus they are a dream to use and make almost any look so easily. Also on me they do not crease nor settle into fine lines or transfer to my upper lid. I also like how smooth they apply and how light, pigmented, and comfortable they feel on my lids. So happy with this palette. Recommended.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Just a quick initial review. I like the warmth of this pallete (finally something that doesn't look ashy on my skin) and the quality of the shadows. I'm more of a neutral girl and I feel like this takes me ever so slightly away from that zone with all the popping orange tones. I'm thinking I could get bored of this palette quicker than I want though because It feels like I can't get that much variation in looks. The one colour that I was excited about was Lumbre but then I swatched it beside Mac Expensive pink and realized that they are so similar. Expensive pink being ever so slightly lighter and more pigmented. The matte lighter browns are also really nice but are so simialr to Mac Soft Brown and Mac Saddle but more pigmented and slightly warmer. So for those reasons I have been wavering on my decision to return the pallette :(. The one colour that really surprised me in a great way is Ember. It is so crazy unique. It looks like a metallic purple/grey brown in some light and in other light it has an orange bronze irridecent look. Because of that colour alone plus some of the bright shimmery orange shades that I don't have in any other palette, I am hedging more towards keeping this. Arghhh I just wish it was an easy keep vs no keep decision. It's quite expensive palette to have if there is some duplication already in your collection.

Update1: I didn't end up returning it... and sooo glad I stuck with it. I realized that the matte shades that had Mac dupes were just so much more luxurious to put on and some how it just looked ever so slightly nicer and more pigmented on my skin. I actually find myself using this palette everyday and is so versatile in that I can use some of the colours mixed together as a blush. Also as lip colour if you dab it on top of lip balm. There is something about these warm tones and my skin colouring (NC44) that really make it easy to get this nice every day flushed eye look if I stick to the lighter and medium shades. Anyways.. love this paletted and it will transition nicely into Fall.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love the colors and can tell the shadows are high quality. Buttery and a bit dusty. I wld rebuy it over any other Naked palettes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is like a high end 35O version palette. The colors are fiery! I got mine during the preview sale where it was available to Beauty Junkies. The colors are beautiful. There are warm browns, cream, penny, copper, fiery sunset, Amber, burgundy & brick shades. There are even a cpl duochrome-like shades that flash copper. All in all a thoroughly satisfying palette. I am very happy w my purchase ($54, urbandecay.com) UD does it again!!! 12 shades not a single dud/repeat.

on 7/13/2017 11:02:00 PM

I am so in love with this palette! It's perfect for summer! Urban Decay is my only go to for eye shadow palettes, never found better palette even though everyone is trying to copy them.

on 7/13/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The colors are absolutely beautiful and pigmented. The shadows still look phenomenal after 10 hours of wear! Plus, if you have yellowish undertones like me (I'm Asian), these shades will really compliment your skin tone c: My only thing is the price...but it's still good quality that matches the price.

The best😭💙

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is great for anyone wanting to try the "opposite color" technique, it’s loaded with orange / amber shades. I think this would be a welcome addition to anyone's stash who has no/a few basic palettes and wanting something interesting, pretty, and fun.
However... I have looked through all of my other palettes and can find dupes for over half of the colors. Not exact dupes but close enough (ABH MR palette has several similar shades and is a way better formula.) The colors look the same on my eyes, probably because I’m trying to sheer them out, I can get the same effect from the dupe shades I'm finding. And just like a popular youtube reviewer said, it really could of used one or two more shades on the lighter side to balance it out, so I am taking one star off.
So… after much thought (and now a little heartbreak) I returned it. It honestly is a beautiful palette, but I’m 47 and work in a professional environment and I need to keep my looks super neutral, and I can’t get neutral from this palette. If I didn’t already have so many other fun palettes, I would keep it, but now I feel more confident dipping into those orange shades that I have neglected in my other palettes.

on 7/22/2017 7:20:00 AM

Pretty packaging but I like tin or cardboard better, since when I dropped this on my tile floor, one of the shadows shattered because there was nothing to reduce the shock. Sure it's my fault I dropped the damn thing, but why add more plastic to the world? But anyway. I have a light olive skintone, tanner in the summer and I find these colors flattering. I would have liked a sparkly peach and gold in addition to the lightest pink/whitish shade, since I want more options than one light shadow when blending out my overall "look". The second shade in is not workable that way for me. However, if you have a dark skin tone, this palette might look fantastic and be more workable in that sense. I have to dip into the lighter shades of my Peanut Butter and Jelly palette to make things more flexible. I AM keeping this palette, though, because I have had difficulty finding dark shades that DO flatter me. Most purples and browns look bruise-y on me, and these do not!