Urban Decay Naked Heat

Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love these colors, it was love at first sight! I have very little fallout and I can achieve many looks within this one pallete. This is a great pallete for darker skin tones.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Naked Heat contains twelve powder eyeshadows; Ounce (ivory shimmer), Chaser (light nude matte), Sauced (soft terra-cotta matte), Low Blow (brown matte), Lumbre (copper shimmer w/gold pearl shift), He Devil (burnt red matte), Dirty Talk (metallic burnt red), Scorched (metallic deep red w/gold micro-shimmer), Cayenne (deep terra-cotta matte), En Fuego (burgundy matte), Ashes (deep reddish-brown matte) and Ember (deep metallic copper-burgundy)

All of the shadows are so finely grained, highly pigmented, apply so creamily and are very easy to blend. As you'd expect from such a rich shadow, the application, blending ability and wear is exceptional; ever since buying my first shadows as a 14 year old when the brand first launched in the UK, all the way up to now as a 34 year old, I can say that I have yet to find a a eyeshadow formula that can outperform the ones that Urban Decay make. The shimmer and shifty finishes are the best wearing; they wear all the way through my working day and beyond, even without using the primer potion - over twelve or so hours until I'm ready to remove them. The matte shadows also wear well without primer, although not quite as well as the other finishes - I do notice a few creases in my makeup at the end of the day.

This palette is a must own for lovers of warm amber-toned neutral shades; the shade selection seems very 'autumn leaves' to me although I'd say that the colour scheme works for any season. Speaking of the colour scheme; there's for every skintone AND all of the shades go with every eye colour. I've had my palette for a while now and I've used every shadow at least twice and am very impressed by how versatile the colours are; night, day, subtle or dramatic - there are so many things to try here, that I've rarely worn the same look twice.

I adore using the Naked Heat palette, but I've been strict and made myself remove a lippie, because these types of shades and finishes aren't particularly unique nowadays. However as the product quality is so good, I still highly recommend that people who like wearing warmer shades pick up this palette.

on 3/25/2018 12:48:00 PM

When it first came out I thought "I never wear red eyeshadow, PASS", 3 months later I randomly swatched the palette in Sephora and the shade "Scorched" stole my heart. I still couldn't justify the high price point though(I only owned the Naked Basics). 6 months later I found myself more drawn to the warm/red shades and my sights set back to the Naked Heat or the Tarte Toasted(which was cheaper). After reading and watching reviews and swatching in stores, my love for "Scorched" still remained, and I decided that I'd rather have colors that I absolutely adore than save a few bucks. Luckily I got my VIB 20% off coupon from Sephora and picked this baby up! It's up there with one of my favorite palettes with it's blend-ability and the GORGEOUS shimmers.

Granted people are correct in that most looks you create out of this look the same, but I love the looks so I ain't complaining!

on 3/2/2018 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In my entire life I love the warm eyeshadows. This palette is AMAZING. Not only the colors, which are "my cup of tea", but the pigmentation, the longetivity and the BLENDABILITY are perfect. Do not buy dupes of these palette. It worths the high price.

on 2/23/2018 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I always wanted one of the Naked Palettes but none of them really appealed to me enough for me to make a purchase. That was the case, until Naked Heat came along. I’m very into my blue, purple and gold eyeshadows but there was something about Naked Heat that made my mouth water and made me want it ASAP! Soon enough I received it as an Anniversary present and was not disappointed.

The shade selection is stunningly beautiful. I find the eyeshadows extremely pigmented and easy to work with, especially with you use the right brush. If you are struggling to use the shade En Fuengo, use a large dense brush like Morphe’s B40 brush and you’re good to go. The shades are very long lasting and last all day without fading. I also find that I can create a very varied amount of looks with this palette. I can create daytime, nighttime, neutral and colourful looks that don’t all look the same. My most used shades are Chaser, Sauced, Low Blow, Dirty Talk, Sorched, En Fuego and Ashes.

I love this palette so much that I just brought it’s companion palette, Petite Heat, on presale. If you’re on the fence about this palette, I’m telling you you’ll won’t be disappointed. This was the Naked pallete I was waiting for!!

I have all the naked pallets and I’m not going to lie, the shades in Heat didn’t look so naked and kind of scared me, the smoky one doesn’t work on me and I was worried about wasting the best part of anither £40, however I was very sunrises and this is my joint fave along with naked 3.
I haven’t experienced a lot of fallout, the shadows are super smooth and very blendable and you can create some very pretty neutral looks as well as some more dramatic very bold looks. As I mentioned above the smoky one didn’t really work for me, I could never achieve anything better than panda eyes and my lids just looked mucky with the lighter shades, however, using with heat has been a game changer and I find I’m reaching for smoky way more too.

I’m not keen on the brush, the only urban decay brush I’ve liked is the small one that comes with ultimate basics, but that’s just personal taste, I like using the real techniques brushes as I find them better quality and easier to use.

Pigment has been great, it lasts all day on me even without a primer too. Considering it’s staying power it’s very easy way to remove with a damp cloth. I always find with palettes there’s always at least one shade that you know you won’t touch. There’s not a shade I don’t like or won’t use in the pallet.

I looove this palette and would def be repurchasing if I ever run out.

on 12/6/2017 8:05:00 PM

Love the shades in this palette. The oranges and warm colors are right up my alley. Must have if you don't have these shades in your collection.

on 12/6/2017 11:57:00 AM

The package is beautiful and quality of the shadows is better than previous Naked palettes, but it is still not my favorite. The colour selection is not my cup of tea,too much pink and red.

on 11/15/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These eye-shadows are absolutely gorgeous colours and great quality as well.
I already own both Naked 2 & 3; Basics 2 and Vice 4, so it's safe to say I'm a huge fan of UD's eyeshadows! When UD first announced this I knew I would have to buy it. The colours looked stunning and I knew they would work perfectly with my green eyes and auburn hair. I must have spent hours lusting over swatches of this online before it finally arrived.
There was no way I could wait until it was released in Australia (I think it took over a month to be released here vs. US), so I got a friend to help me purchase it from Sephora.com The first few times I tried to order it my order was cancelled because it was out of stock!

Finally I got my hands on it- love at first sight. It was even more beautiful than I'd expected and the quality was just as good as other UD shadows. There was minimal fall-out from the brush and it blended beautifully. The colours really did enhance my green eyes. I think the colours would suit most complexions, though.

I never used to wear colours this dark to the office, but my go-to shades, like Dirty Talk and Scorched, don't look too loud or trashy. I get a lot of use out of all the colours- asides maybe Low Blow (doesn't suit me) and Ashes (too dark) and have already hit the pan with Ounce (which is almost identical to Booty Call in N2). Usually, when I buy a new palette I'll use it -and only it- for a week or so and then start rotating other palettes back in. Not so with this- I've used it faithfully since it arrived months ago.

Only downsides to this palette is the lack of variety. I know that this palette has a definite 'theme', but shades like He Devil, Dirty Talk, Scorched and even Lumbre are almost identical. I will almost always use a gold or platinum shade from another palette with this. The addition of those shades would have made this palette even better.
Another downside- the writing on the outside case is starting to fade and scratch off. I prefer the N2 & 2 style cases.
I know that UD were pretty late to the party with a sunset-toned palette- it seemed like they were playing catch up with ABH MR, TF Sweet Peach and tarteist pro. That said, I own tarteist pro and find it compliments this palette, so I don't feel like I'm doubling up too much. I don't own TF Sweet Peach or ABH. Despite the market already being saturated with similar palettes, I'm glad I own this. The quality is great and the shades beautiful.

on 12/5/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am in love with this palette. Of all the warm/sunset like palettes, this appeals to me the most. First off, I love the quality of UD shadows - perfect, buttery soft, highly pigmented. The colours have a deep undertone to them that make them exquisite on darker skin, that some of the other warm palettes are lacking and make some colours look ashy. Yes, some of the shades are similar but my absolute favourite shade of es are something along the lines of Scorched or Dirty talk so I'm not complaining. I also disagree with the need for a standout red colour. I never use the bright reds in my other palettes because they are too red for me, so I appreciate the more neutral approach to the reddish eye. It's more flattering to me. Ashes and En Fuego are incredible shades to smoke your look out as well. This is probably my favourite palette ever and I highly recommend especially to deeper skin tones.