Urban Decay Naked Heat

Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/15/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These eye-shadows are absolutely gorgeous colours and great quality as well.
I already own both Naked 2 & 3; Basics 2 and Vice 4, so it's safe to say I'm a huge fan of UD's eyeshadows! When UD first announced this I knew I would have to buy it. The colours looked stunning and I knew they would work perfectly with my green eyes and auburn hair. I must have spent hours lusting over swatches of this online before it finally arrived.
There was no way I could wait until it was released in Australia (I think it took over a month to be released here vs. US), so I got a friend to help me purchase it from Sephora.com The first few times I tried to order it my order was cancelled because it was out of stock!

Finally I got my hands on it- love at first sight. It was even more beautiful than I'd expected and the quality was just as good as other UD shadows. There was minimal fall-out from the brush and it blended beautifully. The colours really did enhance my green eyes. I think the colours would suit most complexions, though.

I never used to wear colours this dark to the office, but my go-to shades, like Dirty Talk and Scorched, don't look too loud or trashy. I get a lot of use out of all the colours- asides maybe Low Blow (doesn't suit me) and Ashes (too dark) and have already hit the pan with Ounce (which is almost identical to Booty Call in N2). Usually, when I buy a new palette I'll use it -and only it- for a week or so and then start rotating other palettes back in. Not so with this- I've used it faithfully since it arrived months ago.

Only downsides to this palette is the lack of variety. I know that this palette has a definite 'theme', but shades like He Devil, Dirty Talk, Scorched and even Lumbre are almost identical. I will almost always use a gold or platinum shade from another palette with this. The addition of those shades would have made this palette even better.
Another downside- the writing on the outside case is starting to fade and scratch off. I prefer the N2 & 2 style cases.
I know that UD were pretty late to the party with a sunset-toned palette- it seemed like they were playing catch up with ABH MR, TF Sweet Peach and tarteist pro. That said, I own tarteist pro and find it compliments this palette, so I don't feel like I'm doubling up too much. I don't own TF Sweet Peach or ABH. Despite the market already being saturated with similar palettes, I'm glad I own this. The quality is great and the shades beautiful.

on 11/2/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love these types of berry burnt orange -eh pallette with a pop of color in the centre lid and we have lots of matt colors the packaging is also great love this pallette.

on 10/26/2017 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my second Naked palette, i have the first one and i don't really use it much. The colors are too cool for me and end up looking muddy. When I saw the colors for Naked Heat, i was sure this was made for me. I used to buy bronzers to use as eyeshadow, i love the look of orange and amber eyes since im a redhead with green eyes. It was actually really hard to find colors like these before Naked heat came out!

I am so in love! I look forward to trying new looks every day with my palette. I use the colors on the left for every day and the ones on the right for nighttime looks. Some reviews say the looks are very similar but i don't agree—maybe its because i have fair skin, but every color shows up vividly on me. If i use the darker colors for eyeliner or even the shimmer they really stand out. So happy with this purchase!

on 10/17/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I know everybody loves this palette and I loved the look of it as well when it first came out; I was excited that there were more matte shades and that the color scheme was so warm. However, when I use the shadows on my eyes, I find that the colors are so tonally similar that they tend to blend into one another and just look like one reddish-brown shadow. I use primer and I set it with concealer but I still get the same results; the shimmers also look very similar once applied on the eyes and I don't find them to be as intense as I would have liked. You cannot layer these too well because you will get fallout. I really like the brush they provided but I rather the price be lowered because I don’t need the brush. For me, this palette is just alright but that might be because social media was hyping this a lot.

One of favorite palettes I've ever owned!

on 11/1/2017 7:46:00 PM

The shades are so pretty! There are a few in the palette pretty similar to each other though I will point out. I found them super easy to blend, mostly with good colour pay off too. The colours are beautiful on blue eyes, I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Ehhh... the colors are amazing (I don't use the first 4 though) but the texture just seems a little chalky to me, compared to my favorite palette, Too Faced Star Dust. I love the shimmer shadows in the Heat Palette but the matte ones are just too dry and don't go on well for me.

on 10/10/2017 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first Naked palette. My bf purchased the original Naked palette for my birthday but I was disappointed to see that there were only 2 matte shades so I exchanged it for Naked Heat which has 7 matte shades.

At first I was afraid this palette would be TOO red for me. I'm into neutrals and don't really do crazy makeup looks. This palette pulls more burnt-orangy on me than red and I absolutely love it! It looks even better when I self-tan. Overall if you have warm toned skin it will likely look good on you and you will love it. It's a great fall palette and I'm so glad I got it :)

on 10/10/2017 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

My very first UD palette and I gotta tell you, it's a slam dunk! My main issue with all 4 of the previous UD palettes was that they were all too shimmery and too cool toned. The Heat palette is the exact opposite! vibrant beautiful WARM colors that are buttery soft and just the right amount of matte! For once, well worth the $54 price tag! Keep going in this direction UD! I'm liking it!

on 10/1/2017 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you love warm, neutral, yet 'natural' looks this is practically the only palette you will need in your life, especially if you have yellow undertones in your skin. I didn't buy into the hype of any of the other naked palettes but when I saw this I grabbed it with both hands. Buttery shadows, easy to blend, classy colours. I am in love. Somebody get me back up please 😁