Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I waited a long time to purchase this and finally used my Ulta dividends to bring down the cost. I am fascinated with the colors is this palette, because they remind me of fall. If you like warm colors, this is for you. As always, Urban Decay shadows are easy to blend and I think all of the colors in this palette are well pigmented. The brush is actually useable!! and I really like it. There are several good transition colors and nothing is too glittery for my 65 year old eyelids. I would recommend this palette if you do not have many warm colors and this is something you wear. I think it will last forever, as it takes so little due to the intense pigment. I liked it from the first use.

"Naked Heat" is Urban Decay's most recent addition to their "Naked" line of eyeshadow palettes.

Unlike Urban Decay's "Naked 1" and "Naked 2" palettes, which focus primarily on neutral ("nude") shades, "Heat" is a collection of warm shades ranging from a buttery hue on the lightest end of the spectrum, followed by a selection of shadows representing various shades of brown, copper, bronze, and terra cotta.

Of the 12 shadows included in the palette, seven are matte (Chaser, Sauced, Lo Blow, He Devil, Cayenne, En Fuego, and Ashes). Two shades are shimmer (Ounce and Lumbre), and two are metallic (Dirty Talk and Ember). One shadow, Scorched, is a metallic with micro-shimmer.

I *always* apply powder shadows over a base of M.A.C. Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly. I also apply all powder shadows using brushes that have natural bristles (natural bristles hold more product because real hair is covered with overlapping "scales" called the cuticle; these scales grab onto powder products much better than smooth synthetic hairs - which prevents fallout and transfers more product from the pan to your lid). Thus, I did not and will not use the double-ended brush included in the palette to apply any of these shadows (although it works quite well for blending).

Of course, some shadows are formulated to apply sheer (I'm speaking generally here, not specifically referencing any shades included in Naked Heat). For those types of shadows, applying using a sponge-tip applicator and patting the shadow onto the lid will usually result in a more opaque finish.

I've found all of the shadows in the Naked Heat palette apply evenly, are sufficiently pigmented, and easy to blend.

Because I have blueish gray eyes, these colors look great on me and help to bring out the blue - especially those in the orange/copper range. I think there's a good selection here of lid/crease/transition shades to work with, although if your skintone is very pale, "Ounce" may not be light enough to work as a highlight.

Also note there is no black in this palette. The darkest shade, Ashes, is a deep, chocolate brown (more like semi-sweet chocolate). You'll have to reach for a shadow outside of this palette if you need something darker.

However, these two issues should not be enough to dissuade you from purchasing "Naked Heat." With only twelve shadows included in each of the "Naked" palettes, I'm glad Urban Decay decided against including two shades most regular makeup users will already have in their collections, and rather decided to fill those spots with shades that expand the palette's "heat" color theme.

The Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette has become one of my most favorite palette purchases in a long time!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Finally a Naked palette that works for me! When I first saw this palette online, I couldn't believe my eyes. It's like someone read my mind with the colors and also more mattes. Seven mattes and five shimmers. The reason I haven't bought any Naked palettes previously, is because of the ratio of shimmers to mattes. Nine shimmers to three mattes won't do it for me. I think this is the ultimate warm toned palette. The packaging is outstanding with the magnetic closure and heat theme reinforced. I am reminded once again that you pay for quality and get it from these palettes.

Most of all, I love how Urban Decay stayed true to the Heat theme and the amber, rust, red colors. They went all out on this one. For myself, this is a palette where I will use every single shadow and it's rare that I can say that. Sauced and Chaser are good transition colors and could make a nice natural day look with Low Blow. The shimmers are absolutely gorgeous. I like that the shades are similar and true to the range for this palette. The things that some have criticized are the very things that I love about this palette. The colors are very flattering to my coloring. I have dark mahogany red hair with green eyes and NW20 skin. My eyes really pop with these warm tones.

I have to stand up for the darker mattes. There has been criticism of En Fuego and Ashes. It's been said that they don't swatch well on the arm. But when I used both of them, I found them easy to apply, not chalky or lacking in pigment at all. Ember is a standout bronzy, coppery shimmer shade that is beautiful on the lid. Scorched and Dirty Talk are two different shades of red shimmer that are amazing on the lid. I see a lot of looks that I can create with these shades.

Pros -

Warm toned eye shadows that stay true to the Heat theme and have outstanding pigmentation, long wearing
Quality packaging with magnetic closure, mirror and brush included
More matte shades

I can't think of any Cons except maybe the price at $54. But you are paying for the quality of the packaging and the product. If you do not like warm tones, then this is definitely not for you.

This will most likely be one of my best loved and most used palettes. I am really pleased that Urban Decay went all out with the warm toned theme and also added more mattes.