Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/2/2018 7:54:00 AM

This is a very versatile pallette that can be used for an infinite number of day and night looks (pintrest is great for inspiration when looking for inspiration for nighttime). I always pop on a bit of eyeshadow primer before using it but I have found that the longlivity and vibrancy of the shades is extremely good.
The shdows themselves are a dream to work with - really high quality and no chalkiness whatsoever.
The reason for my 4/5 mark is that while I do love this product and would consider purchasing it again, the brush provided with the pallette isn't great, there are some shimmer shades that I would rarely use and the pallette itself is quite expensive (I think I paid €43 for it going through an airport, I imagine the high street price for this is closer to €50).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had my Naked Heat palette for coming up to a year now. I held back from reviewing it earlier because everyone was reviewing it earlier and I think one of the important things that should go into reviewing a palette, especially a more expensive palette like this is well, did I actually end up getting any use out of it? The good news is that unlike the original Naked palette which sat gathering a thick layer of dust my Naked Heat has been pretty well loved. The catch? Only half the shades (Low Blow, He Devil, Dirty Talk, Cayenne, En Fuego and Ember) have been well used and 4 shades (Ounce, Chaser, Lumbre and Ashes) I've barely touched.

I will say that overall I think this is a good palette and I don't regret buying it. However I don't think it's an amazing palette. And the main reason for this is the problem I find the entire 'Naked' line suffers from - no versatility. The whole time I've owned this palette I have never once used it alone to create a look. If it wasn't for the beautiful and expensive packaging I would have de-potted my Naked Heat by now (to be honest I'm still tempted to). Naked Heat sticks very, very rigidly to it's theme, to the extent that even within the sunset theme the looks you can do with it are really limited. I think a truly great palette has at least one offbeat shade that makes you go "wow, I'd have never of thought of using this shade here but it works so perfectly!". Naked Heat is also sorely missing a matte pink transition shade. Because of this you can't create a true coral pink or red look only a more conservative smoky brown 'naked' coral pink look. But I guess that's the whole point of the Naked line, nothing too 'out there' so it's easy to do an eye that's subtle enough for daytime or work.

I'd still have really loved to see a pink transition shade and one "off theme" shade (perhaps a gold or yellow-gold?) in here instead of 2 redundant shades (there's two sets of near twins in here: Scorched and Dirty Talk and Low Blow and Sauced).

Shade by shade rundown:

Ounce: Ivory satin (not shimmer as described by UD) with a slight gold shift. The biggest disappointment of the palette. This shade isn't very pigmented and is just kind of 'meh' in general. I wish it had been a true duochrome.

Chaser: Very light slightly pink toned matte brown. Again disappointing. This shade is close to my skin tone, however I own several near-dupes from low end to high end, and ALL of them show up on me better than Chaser.

Sauced: A milk chocolate shade that wouldn't look out of place in one of Too Face's Chocolate Bar palettes. The quality of this shade is much better than the first two shades.

Low Blow: Another chocolate brown, but where Sauced is slightly orange toned Low Blow is slightly yellow toned. In effect they look identical on my lids, and I don't think it was necessary to include both these shades in the palette. I slightly preferred the formula of Low Blow over Sauced.

Lumbre: Coral pink shimmer with a gold shift. This was another disappointment for me. This color payoff isn't great and it didn't have the sort of intense holographic fire I would have liked. It's a decent rose gold, but nothing special. Another I wish was a duochrome.

He Devil: Absolutely love, love LOVE this shade! My ultimate red brown.

Dirty Talk: Another absolute winner, such a perfect true metallic copper! My holy grail copper eyeshadow!

Scorched: Looks very similar to Dirty Talk when wrist swatched except slightly more cooler plum toned. However on my lids Dirty Talk shows up as a beautiful clear copper whereas Scorched looks like more of a generic shimmery shade, so I didn't end up using it as much.

Cayenne: Wonderful matte true terracotta shade that reminds me of making pottery. Beautiful.

En Fuego: A lovely matte earthy plum-terracotta. It's the shade in the palette I use as an eyeliner or for smoking up looks. LOVE.

Ashes: The texture of this shade is kinda like well, ashes. Patchy with a lot of fallout. But thanks for not throwing in a lazy basic black dark shade so A for effort, Urban Decay.

Ember: One of my favourites of the palette. It's a duo-chrome shadow that's dark grey with a stunning aubergine shift.

on 7/20/2018 12:51:00 PM

I love it- I'm a fan of neutral shades so I love the NAKED palettes. I currently own them all proving that I am willing to shell out the $ for such a great product. The diversity of colors make it easy to create different looks. I tend get a lot of copliments using this particular palette because the colors are so unique. I sometimes like to mix and match with my other palettes too. The cosistancy is smooth, pigminted and has great staying power- especially when paired with UD primer potions. The brush included in each palette is also very good. These shadows are worth every penny!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love love love this palette. The packaging is stunning very good quality with a very nice size good quality mirror. Its beautifully pigmented the shadows are so buttery and blendable. Literally the perfect formula. The brush is very nice though you will need a blending/ crease brush aswell. Enough different shades & finishes to do many complete looks. Lots of transition & crease shades lots of finishes mattes, Satin & glittery/ foiled. Some of the more glittery foiled shades look drop dead gorgeous when you first dampen the brush with a little Fix+. This and Naked 3 are my HG Palettes.

Pro’s
Beautiful sturdy packaging
Stunning shades
Fab range of finishes
Can achieve many full looks
Great value for money
Great quality mirror
Nice usable brush
Great for everyday

Con’s
Absolutely addictive I will re purchase again & again
I wish it contained a inner corner highlight. But I just use the highlighter from my shapeshifter contour palette.

My brother bought me this product in one of the Dubai airport. It’s a phenomenal product. The colours are really beautiful and they are easy to apply. I am able to build up colour without getting eyeshadow all over my cheeks or looking like I had been in a pub brawl. I really like this product, however I earn a teacher’s salary and therefore I won’t be buying it again.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love these colors, it was love at first sight! I have very little fallout and I can achieve many looks within this one pallete. This is a great pallete for darker skin tones.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Naked Heat contains twelve powder eyeshadows; Ounce (ivory shimmer), Chaser (light nude matte), Sauced (soft terra-cotta matte), Low Blow (brown matte), Lumbre (copper shimmer w/gold pearl shift), He Devil (burnt red matte), Dirty Talk (metallic burnt red), Scorched (metallic deep red w/gold micro-shimmer), Cayenne (deep terra-cotta matte), En Fuego (burgundy matte), Ashes (deep reddish-brown matte) and Ember (deep metallic copper-burgundy)

All of the shadows are so finely grained, highly pigmented, apply so creamily and are very easy to blend. As you'd expect from such a rich shadow, the application, blending ability and wear is exceptional; ever since buying my first shadows as a 14 year old when the brand first launched in the UK, all the way up to now as a 34 year old, I can say that I have yet to find a a eyeshadow formula that can outperform the ones that Urban Decay make. The shimmer and shifty finishes are the best wearing; they wear all the way through my working day and beyond, even without using the primer potion - over twelve or so hours until I'm ready to remove them. The matte shadows also wear well without primer, although not quite as well as the other finishes - I do notice a few creases in my makeup at the end of the day.

This palette is a must own for lovers of warm amber-toned neutral shades; the shade selection seems very 'autumn leaves' to me although I'd say that the colour scheme works for any season. Speaking of the colour scheme; there's for every skintone AND all of the shades go with every eye colour. I've had my palette for a while now and I've used every shadow at least twice and am very impressed by how versatile the colours are; night, day, subtle or dramatic - there are so many things to try here, that I've rarely worn the same look twice.

I adore using the Naked Heat palette, but I've been strict and made myself remove a lippie, because these types of shades and finishes aren't particularly unique nowadays. However as the product quality is so good, I still highly recommend that people who like wearing warmer shades pick up this palette.

on 12/6/2017 11:57:00 AM

The package is beautiful and quality of the shadows is better than previous Naked palettes, but it is still not my favorite. The colour selection is not my cup of tea,too much pink and red.

on 12/5/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am in love with this palette. Of all the warm/sunset like palettes, this appeals to me the most. First off, I love the quality of UD shadows - perfect, buttery soft, highly pigmented. The colours have a deep undertone to them that make them exquisite on darker skin, that some of the other warm palettes are lacking and make some colours look ashy. Yes, some of the shades are similar but my absolute favourite shade of es are something along the lines of Scorched or Dirty talk so I'm not complaining. I also disagree with the need for a standout red colour. I never use the bright reds in my other palettes because they are too red for me, so I appreciate the more neutral approach to the reddish eye. It's more flattering to me. Ashes and En Fuego are incredible shades to smoke your look out as well. This is probably my favourite palette ever and I highly recommend especially to deeper skin tones.

on 11/15/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These eye-shadows are absolutely gorgeous colours and great quality as well.
I already own both Naked 2 & 3; Basics 2 and Vice 4, so it's safe to say I'm a huge fan of UD's eyeshadows! When UD first announced this I knew I would have to buy it. The colours looked stunning and I knew they would work perfectly with my green eyes and auburn hair. I must have spent hours lusting over swatches of this online before it finally arrived.
There was no way I could wait until it was released in Australia (I think it took over a month to be released here vs. US), so I got a friend to help me purchase it from Sephora.com The first few times I tried to order it my order was cancelled because it was out of stock!

Finally I got my hands on it- love at first sight. It was even more beautiful than I'd expected and the quality was just as good as other UD shadows. There was minimal fall-out from the brush and it blended beautifully. The colours really did enhance my green eyes. I think the colours would suit most complexions, though.

I never used to wear colours this dark to the office, but my go-to shades, like Dirty Talk and Scorched, don't look too loud or trashy. I get a lot of use out of all the colours- asides maybe Low Blow (doesn't suit me) and Ashes (too dark) and have already hit the pan with Ounce (which is almost identical to Booty Call in N2). Usually, when I buy a new palette I'll use it -and only it- for a week or so and then start rotating other palettes back in. Not so with this- I've used it faithfully since it arrived months ago.

Only downsides to this palette is the lack of variety. I know that this palette has a definite 'theme', but shades like He Devil, Dirty Talk, Scorched and even Lumbre are almost identical. I will almost always use a gold or platinum shade from another palette with this. The addition of those shades would have made this palette even better.
Another downside- the writing on the outside case is starting to fade and scratch off. I prefer the N2 & 2 style cases.
I know that UD were pretty late to the party with a sunset-toned palette- it seemed like they were playing catch up with ABH MR, TF Sweet Peach and tarteist pro. That said, I own tarteist pro and find it compliments this palette, so I don't feel like I'm doubling up too much. I don't own TF Sweet Peach or ABH. Despite the market already being saturated with similar palettes, I'm glad I own this. The quality is great and the shades beautiful.