Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Naked Heat contains twelve powder eyeshadows; Ounce (ivory shimmer), Chaser (light nude matte), Sauced (soft terra-cotta matte), Low Blow (brown matte), Lumbre (copper shimmer w/gold pearl shift), He Devil (burnt red matte), Dirty Talk (metallic burnt red), Scorched (metallic deep red w/gold micro-shimmer), Cayenne (deep terra-cotta matte), En Fuego (burgundy matte), Ashes (deep reddish-brown matte) and Ember (deep metallic copper-burgundy)

All of the shadows are so finely grained, highly pigmented, apply so creamily and are very easy to blend. As you'd expect from such a rich shadow, the application, blending ability and wear is exceptional; ever since buying my first shadows as a 14 year old when the brand first launched in the UK, all the way up to now as a 34 year old, I can say that I have yet to find a a eyeshadow formula that can outperform the ones that Urban Decay make. The shimmer and shifty finishes are the best wearing; they wear all the way through my working day and beyond, even without using the primer potion - over twelve or so hours until I'm ready to remove them. The matte shadows also wear well without primer, although not quite as well as the other finishes - I do notice a few creases in my makeup at the end of the day.

This palette is a must own for lovers of warm amber-toned neutral shades; the shade selection seems very 'autumn leaves' to me although I'd say that the colour scheme works for any season. Speaking of the colour scheme; there's for every skintone AND all of the shades go with every eye colour. I've had my palette for a while now and I've used every shadow at least twice and am very impressed by how versatile the colours are; night, day, subtle or dramatic - there are so many things to try here, that I've rarely worn the same look twice.

I adore using the Naked Heat palette, but I've been strict and made myself remove a lippie, because these types of shades and finishes aren't particularly unique nowadays. However as the product quality is so good, I still highly recommend that people who like wearing warmer shades pick up this palette.

on 12/6/2017 11:57:00 AM

The package is beautiful and quality of the shadows is better than previous Naked palettes, but it is still not my favorite. The colour selection is not my cup of tea,too much pink and red.

on 12/5/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am in love with this palette. Of all the warm/sunset like palettes, this appeals to me the most. First off, I love the quality of UD shadows - perfect, buttery soft, highly pigmented. The colours have a deep undertone to them that make them exquisite on darker skin, that some of the other warm palettes are lacking and make some colours look ashy. Yes, some of the shades are similar but my absolute favourite shade of es are something along the lines of Scorched or Dirty talk so I'm not complaining. I also disagree with the need for a standout red colour. I never use the bright reds in my other palettes because they are too red for me, so I appreciate the more neutral approach to the reddish eye. It's more flattering to me. Ashes and En Fuego are incredible shades to smoke your look out as well. This is probably my favourite palette ever and I highly recommend especially to deeper skin tones.

on 11/15/2017 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These eye-shadows are absolutely gorgeous colours and great quality as well.
I already own both Naked 2 & 3; Basics 2 and Vice 4, so it's safe to say I'm a huge fan of UD's eyeshadows! When UD first announced this I knew I would have to buy it. The colours looked stunning and I knew they would work perfectly with my green eyes and auburn hair. I must have spent hours lusting over swatches of this online before it finally arrived.
There was no way I could wait until it was released in Australia (I think it took over a month to be released here vs. US), so I got a friend to help me purchase it from Sephora.com The first few times I tried to order it my order was cancelled because it was out of stock!

Finally I got my hands on it- love at first sight. It was even more beautiful than I'd expected and the quality was just as good as other UD shadows. There was minimal fall-out from the brush and it blended beautifully. The colours really did enhance my green eyes. I think the colours would suit most complexions, though.

I never used to wear colours this dark to the office, but my go-to shades, like Dirty Talk and Scorched, don't look too loud or trashy. I get a lot of use out of all the colours- asides maybe Low Blow (doesn't suit me) and Ashes (too dark) and have already hit the pan with Ounce (which is almost identical to Booty Call in N2). Usually, when I buy a new palette I'll use it -and only it- for a week or so and then start rotating other palettes back in. Not so with this- I've used it faithfully since it arrived months ago.

Only downsides to this palette is the lack of variety. I know that this palette has a definite 'theme', but shades like He Devil, Dirty Talk, Scorched and even Lumbre are almost identical. I will almost always use a gold or platinum shade from another palette with this. The addition of those shades would have made this palette even better.
Another downside- the writing on the outside case is starting to fade and scratch off. I prefer the N2 & 2 style cases.
I know that UD were pretty late to the party with a sunset-toned palette- it seemed like they were playing catch up with ABH MR, TF Sweet Peach and tarteist pro. That said, I own tarteist pro and find it compliments this palette, so I don't feel like I'm doubling up too much. I don't own TF Sweet Peach or ABH. Despite the market already being saturated with similar palettes, I'm glad I own this. The quality is great and the shades beautiful.

on 11/2/2017 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love these types of berry burnt orange -eh pallette with a pop of color in the centre lid and we have lots of matt colors the packaging is also great love this pallette.

One of favorite palettes I've ever owned!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Ehhh... the colors are amazing (I don't use the first 4 though) but the texture just seems a little chalky to me, compared to my favorite palette, Too Faced Star Dust. I love the shimmer shadows in the Heat Palette but the matte ones are just too dry and don't go on well for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Great warm toned palette, Love this on tanned skin! I especially love this palette for its matte to shimmer ratio, although the other naked palettes are lovely, I like the fact you can make a completely matte or shimmer look with this palette. It is on the expensive side however for the amount of shadow you get, it is well worth the money

on 9/19/2017 8:55:00 PM

Wanted to want this palette SO badly. So before I go knocking it let me say that UD shadows and more specifically, the naked line may be my favorite eyeshadow formulations. I go HARD on my naked, naked 3 and both basics palettes. They're my children.

I prefer warm shadows and when this came out I was so drawn and just wanting to own it and love it forever.

In summary this is not a versatile palette-- not even in the obvious sense of creating warm looks, but in the sense of all the mid tone shades are just coppery red and inevitably every look you create is going to look more or less the same when you're done.

Ounce: peachy toned vanilla shade. Satin finish like those found in the first shades of the basics palettes. Great quality. I think for my taste I would have preferred a yellow bone-ish color. But it's fine.

Chaser-- nice transition shade. Very light in tone like lighter than naked2 in the first basics palette. Obviously warm undertone. Then there is sauced and low blow. This palette is DEFINITELY not wanting for mattes. There's 8 of them.

Left side of the palette is fine and I have no qualms EXCEPT these are all warm tone browns of various saturation and basically depending how you apply to the lid and blend, you can use all of these interchangeably (example: if you use LESS of a deeper brown and blend it will look lighter). So in short I don't feel all of these are needed or necessary and that's the general theme of my issue w this palette.

Now moving on to the middle of the palette. Lumbre is beautiful. It reminded me a tad of mac expensive pink. Needed to be foiled to be built up, otherwise is wasn't really all that pigmented.

My HUGE issue w this palette is take he devil, scorched and dirty talk, apply them to your eye and voila ITS THE SAME FREAKIN COLOR 3 times. Yes, I know he devil is a matte, but even still. Once these are physically on the eye, tonally they are near identical. Hence, every look you create w this palette is the same from the interchangeable warm browns, to the 3 shades of... red. Probably some are more sensitive to nuance and I know this will be downvoted by some, but on my eyes it was basically all interchangeable looks.

Moving on to the right of the palette: cayenne reminds me of Mac brown script. Nice mid tone warm brown and slightly less red than he devil. I think for most looks you can use one over the other and basically get a very similar affect.

En fuego and ashes were flipping GORGEOUS and if I could justify a $54 eyeshadow palette just for 2 colors I would use those all the time.

And ending on a bad note I was so let down by ember. In the pan and swatched on the arm it Is a gorgeous duochromey blackened brown w red shift. It's a black base and no matter how hard I tried applied to the lids I couldn't get that duochrome shade to show up without that black base peaking through and looking off. I don't know how to explain it. Like if I took ember and stamped it onto my lid to create a smokey eye, when I went to blend into the crease it would blend away and the corners of my eyes would become charcoal and the duochrome would just blend away. Maybe it's user error, wetting the brush or building up the shade didn't help. And the fallout was insane.

So that's that. I was torn bw 2 or 3 stars but you know what the quality is up to par more or less so I think you'll either like this or you won't.

If red eyes are your thing and you wear them a few times a week I think some people can TRULY get down w this palette. Same w naked 3, it's a love or hate bc you either rock pink shadow or you don't. I like a touch of red but honestly I think the offerings in ABH MR are more than enough for me.

I wish this was more versatile. Some golds would have helped, maybe a true rose gold or copper. A terracotta that was maybe a bit more orange to break up some of the red. I dunno.

It missed the mark for me personally. I wouldn't spend the $ on it personally, thought about putting it on a wishlist but I think I'll pass all together.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So I actually got this product for free as an exchange of the Naked Smokey palette, which did not fair well on my NC50 skin. I love the Naked Heat. I plan to use this as my travel makeup palette. I usually only take a lot shadows when I am traveling for a week or longer, and this is an amazing palette for that, but still at a reasonable size (usually I take my MAC custom palette which is a little large). All of the colors look amazing on my skin and last a long time. I dont mind that there is no black because I rarely line my eyes. I think the sparkly burgundy is more than enough for the type of liner that I like to do on my eyes. I think that this is by far the best Naked Palette on the market and the best eyeshadow quality. I truly feel like my collection is complete, this is the most complete collection of warm shades that I own now...and if amazing on its own and as a supplement to other favorite shades.