Urban Decay Naked Heat

Filtered by age: 19-24
Urban Decay Naked Heat

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/17/2017 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I know everybody loves this palette and I loved the look of it as well when it first came out; I was excited that there were more matte shades and that the color scheme was so warm. However, when I use the shadows on my eyes, I find that the colors are so tonally similar that they tend to blend into one another and just look like one reddish-brown shadow. I use primer and I set it with concealer but I still get the same results; the shimmers also look very similar once applied on the eyes and I don't find them to be as intense as I would have liked. You cannot layer these too well because you will get fallout. I really like the brush they provided but I rather the price be lowered because I don’t need the brush. For me, this palette is just alright but that might be because social media was hyping this a lot.

Urban Decay listened to our calls: more matte eyeshadows, less shimmer, please. Finally! (Naked Basics/Ultimate Basics is another story.) I'm glad this palette lives up to the UD quality of eyeshadow palettes: Buttery, smooth and rich pigmentation is what you get. Fallout is minimal. Well, you are allowed expect this when you pay soooo much for an eyeshadow palette, right? Those shades will flatter any skin tone, whether it's for job, school, shopping, night outs or clubbing. I've seen a few tutorials with this product on YouTube. Everyone looked amazing with this (yes, even cool toned people). The color range? Good. Not perfect. Why? I miss a rich red. Maybe mixed with a hint of brown color. Or an orange with red undertones. Something like this. You see, this has many neutral colors. The previous Naked palettes had at least one brighter or outstanding color but this one is missing that. All in all: You want/can spend some cash on a high quality eyeshadow palette? Consider purchasing this one. You want beautiful, warm neutrals? Get your money ready. You can't stop thinking about this palette? Well, what are you waiting for?

on 8/18/2017 6:56:00 PM

This came out right before my birthday. My sister ended up getting it for me, but I probably would have bought it myself otherwise. I'm not the biggest warm tone fan and prefer to create warm looks every now and then and use cooler shades on a daily basis. I have naked 1-3 and smoky and felt like I needed to add this to my collection. I do feel like they were late to the game with this color scheme. This isn't a palette you're going to grab to create a ton of different looks with. You can do an everyday neutral but warm look with the first cream color and the two first matte browns. But other than that it's good to be an orange or brick look. Which I'm okay with, this is fun to grab when I'm in the mood for that kind of look. I have morphe 35O which I never use and ABH modern renaissance but that's about it warm palette wise since like I said, that color scheme isn't my everyday. I never use 35O, either. I like that this has the brick/red shades and some shimmery reds. I feel like those are different amongst the coppery shimmers that usually go with the warm tones. Also the pop of plum is nice. The shimmers are kind of hard and are definitely better when used with your finger or a wet brush. The color pay off is good, not a lot of kickback, and blend pretty well. Idk though I personally feel like the formula is a tiny bit different than the other naked palettes I have. Or at least the first two. I feel like those ones are creamier. Overall I liked this and am glad to have it. Doubt I'll ever use it up so I said no to repurchase. I think you have to ask yourself a few things to determine if you want this or not because again, warm tones aren't everyone's thing and if it is your thing, a lot of things have already been brought out in that color scheme.

I recently bought this palette as I was on the hunt for nice warm colours and the first time I tried them on was awesome. The colours are so beautiful. I think it really compliments those with brown or dark hair. All the colours are all unique in their own way. Only thing I have to say as a con is the packaging. The cover of the palette is very cool, but I personally find the packaging cheap. But then again, you are not buying the product for the packaging, you are buying the actual product. Overall, I do really look forward to using this palette!!!

on 8/12/2017 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This palette is great quality. The shadows are amazing and pigmented and blend really easily. I actually prefer this formula to the old Naked palettes, which had a ton more fallout. I also appreciate that this palette had a ton of mattes, which always kept me from using my other Naked palettes.

However, this palette misses the mark for me. The looks end up all looking the same. There is not enough variation between the shades to be able to get a variety of looks. The undertones are all the same and some colors are too similar to each other, and on the eyes, it doesn't make a big difference between one shade and the next. For my taste, it is a little too monotone. I wish they had played around with some brighter oranges or darker red shades to add a little more spice.

So, it is a great quality palette, but if you're looking for a lot of versatility, you won't find it here.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had convinced myself I wasn't going to be buying this palette because I already have the anastasiaMR but I saw it in Sephora while on vacation and could not resist. All the shades are absolutely amazing, I love the range of transition shades, it makes everything blend so well together. The deeper colours are great for adding more drama and I love ashes as an alternative to a black shadow. The duochrome shimmers are amazing and a totally different formula from the naked 3 shimmers.
The only downside (maybe) is that it's a predictable palette, I know what sort of look I will get from it every time I go to use it. but I LOVE that look and I love that I don't have to really think about planing a cohesive look with it because it does that for me. I just know I'll use every shade and enjoy it down to the last dust particle.

on 7/24/2017 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this palette! I own a bunch of different palletes and I would say this one is my favorite one by far. I really like the warm copper tones. It complements my tan skin very well. With this pallete, I use all of the colors. All of the colors are easy to work with and very blendable. With the other naked palletes I owned, I had wasn't using all of the colors in the palette especially the ones at the end because they didn't look good on me or blend easily.

The pigementation on this pallete is amazing. It is very easy to blend and create unique looks. The colors really make my eyes pop and can make any girl look like a sunkissed goddess. My favorite shades are lumbre, scorched, and dirty talk. I really like those shimmer shades and they don't flake off. They all are easy to apply and they stay on for a long time also. I also like the matte shades and how they look in the crease. The texture of the shadows are very nice too.

The packaging is also very cute and creative. It gives you a summer type of look and the case is solid and so it is very travel friendly. The naked heat comes with a brush and I actually really like the brush. It's too sided blendy brush and I feel like it gives me a lot of control.

The only thing I would change about this pallete is maybe like adding a coppery gold color. Lumbre looks more of a pinkish rose gold then a coppery rose gold. I think having a gold would have been nice.

Pricewise, yes it is pricey at $54 but the quality is amazing, and the colors are very unique and long lasting.

Overall, I love this pallete and it's the perfect for my tan skin tone. Well done Urban Decay :)

on 7/23/2017 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This palette is lovely but does have some flaws.

Positives
- beautiful shades
-smooth blendable yet pigmented matte shades
- creamy pigmented metallics
- colours are cohesive and easy to create a look with
- sturdy and aesthetically pleasing packaging
- decent brush

Negatives
- not much variety. It's hard to create looks that are visibly different from each other.
- some shades are too similar (he devil & cayenne or dirty talk & scorched
- the shade ounce - a frosty velvet shade. It's doesn't work well for anything and doesn't go well with all the warm shades. A matte cream would have been better.

Overall I really enjoy this palette and do use it a lot. If you love warm shades, as I do, then you too will love this palette. If you are looking for a palette to create a variety of very different looks this might not be the one for you.

The best😭💙

on 7/13/2017 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The colors are absolutely beautiful and pigmented. The shadows still look phenomenal after 10 hours of wear! Plus, if you have yellowish undertones like me (I'm Asian), these shades will really compliment your skin tone c: My only thing is the price...but it's still good quality that matches the price.