NARS Orgasm Liquid Blush

3.8

on 7/8/2018 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I purchased this blush since it’s launch last year, and to be honest I prefer it over the powder version. Much more pigmented base colour pinky-coral, with a subtle golden sheen compared to the powder version. Texture is very fluid, applies/blends out well on the skin. Dries fairly quickly as well. Works well on powder, stick and liquid (cushion) based foundations. Last for abt 4-6 hrs on my cheeks, so I do notice it fades on me. For me the tricky part of this blush is the amt dispensed. You definitely do not need a full pump if you are faired skinned. Half is even too much for me. I ONLY use less than a drops’ worth, and even that can be too much, a ‘pin head’ is enough for each cheek to give me enough colour as it’s quite pigmented. At this rate I will never have to purchase this product as it will last me a lifetime lol...I’m really enjoying it during the warmer weather, gives a nice healthy glow. Definitely recommend the liquid over the powder...

on 7/8/2018 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Don’t know why I keep searching for something better when any of the NARS’ blush in Orgasm is the perfect shade for me; not too pink, not too peach, just the perfect blend for my fair skin. Others come close, but never quite reach the perfection of the big “O.” Sometimes, the shimmer gets to be a bit much as I’m getting older (been using this shade in all its formulations for over a good 15 years), so when I first heard of the liquid, I had to try.

I love the packaging with the glass pump bottle. My only caution is that a little goes a long way so a half pump is more than enough for one application. The first time I went to use it, I was surprised at how liquidy and light the product is, but typical of NARS, the pigment payoff is outstanding. I put a half pump on the back of one hand, then use a finger to dot along each cheekbone. I then blend with my fingers for a sheer, natural look, or blend with a blending blush brush if I’m looking for a more precise application. One bottle will last quite a while. Whether on bare skin, over CC cream, or full powder or liquid foundation, this blush is perfection for me.

After all, with the shade entitled Orgasm, why look any further 🤩!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm still waiting for NARS to release a more true pink shade of their liquid blush - something along the lines of Angelika or Desire. But I was surprised by how much I actually like this shade in its liquid format, seeing as the powder version that seems to be so iconic and "holy grail" is not a flattering shade for me. The packaging, however, can be problematic at best and downright stupid at worst.....

But I am putting this review here more to inform everyone STRUGGLING WITH THE PACKAGING....

For starters, the applicator is NOT A MERE STICK - it IS a pump but you need to know how to get at it and certainly, NARS should not have made it so tricky and hard to use. But the first time you use it (I'd heard about the problems so made sure to do this "in store" in case there was a problem, as I'd read about the problems with the pump and so asked the SA who explained it to me and "oversaw" me as I did this) - you need to simply PULL the square lid straight off. JUST PULL. DON'T turn or twist the lid because when you do that, the pump unscrews and remains stuck in the square lid and that's why so many people are just seeing a STICK. It's the tube end of the pump that you are seeing and the pump dispenser itself is stuck INSIDE THE SQUARE LID where you cannot get at it. A stupid and not user friendly or intuitive design but I just wanted to let people know "the trick".

Also, yes, the bottle is likely to leak if you don't keep it upright, so travelling with it or carrying it in your purse or gym bag is not a good idea. How I've solved the problem is by taking an old, clean MAC sample jar and putting in a few pumps of the blush. Those MAC jars seal very securely and, yet, it's a bit of mess to then open them but just be careful and keep a tissue handy. I transfer to my face using a Second Cup coffee stirrer/stopper (its design for this use is even better than the Starbucks ones but, alas, you can only get these in Canada). Because the blush is so pigmented, just a pump or 2 will be sufficient for a week of travelling, if not more.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wish I read the reviews first, then I would hear the top doesn't stay on because it indeed doesn't. The second time I opened, it was to show my mom. I was about to tell her how this is one of the most popular blushes and just as I was saying "Look mom..." and opened the bottle the top got removed too and the blush went all over my tshirt and my mom's. It became like "Look mom how I'm about to ruin both of our clothes at once - TA DA!!"

I never used the powder one but from what I see in the pictures the liquid indeed has less shimmer, which I prefer. Probably because this blush is so popular, I guess I had too high expectations but I didn't understand the hype. It's subjective of course but personally I'm not a fan of the color. It wasn't "Oh wow I've never seen this color/texture before." I like lighter shades in pink blush, either matte or has a wet look. This has more glittery look. I have very fair skin and on me this works better for evening make-up than day make-up.

Not a bad blush but wasn't the right one for me so I won't buy again.

on 5/30/2018 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Orgasm has been my favorite blush color for years. I wanted to try the liquid as less expensive alternative the The Multiple. I only rated it as high as 3 lippies for the color. There is no possible way for me not to put too much of this on. i put the tiniest possible dot of this on a brush, use that one dot for both cheeks and still have to wipe half of it off. I look like I got slapped on both cheeks. The only plus is that at this rate one bottle will last forever.

The packaging is terrible. It squeaks every time I open or close the square lid. The applicator is just a stick.

I am returning this for The Multiple. It is a splurge for me, but at least I can control the amount better.

on 8/21/2017 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I returned my powder blush in Orgasm many moons ago. It just looked like I smeared gold shimmer on my face whenever I tried to apply it. The pigment refused to show up. It was NOT a good look.

I decided to give the liquid formula a try on a whim. It is a beautiful blush and I was very pleased! A little too much sparkle in it for my taste, but it looks like a peachy and dewy flush on my cheeks. It is a sheer product (do not expect tons of pigment on medium to dark skin), but looks so natural. I think you would be able to get away with fooling people into thinking it was as natural flush if it wasn't for all that shimmer.

The packaging is very tedious though. The cap is a tight fit and the nozzle is prone to unscrewing. Then there's the problem with the pump spilling product all over itself. I don't like making a mess and I don't like wasting my blush. I expect a lot more from a brand like Nars that is known for having sleek and simplistic packaging. Hope they fix the problems with this first batch.

Final verdict: 5 lipsticks for the product and 1 lipstick for the packaging.

on 7/12/2017 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I must be nuts. I bought 3 of these, Orgasm, Luster and Dolce Vita, because I love the way they go on and look so natural on my skin. But the packaging is ridiculous. I keep getting the stuff all over the place because the TOP WILL NOT STAY ON! Can't use the pump because the top doesn't come off correctly. Come on Nars, for $30.00 each you can't make a decent package? I am glad I have them because like I said, they are beautiful and natural on my skin, but forget about storing these babies anywhere but on top of your dresser.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Really really wanted to like this: I often put a touch of orange with pink blush, and can't do the glitter in powder Orgasm.
The color is subtle, buildable -to a point - but it doesn't last. It lasts maybe an hour? on my fair, slightly dry face.
And the packaging is horrible! Sephora testers had a pump. When I got it home...there's a square lid with a stiff stick like a petrified nail enamel brush. It's awkward and messy in so many ways.
Planning on returning this, especially since I just heard about Nars animal testing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've never been able to wear Orgasm powder blush because of all the godawful chunks of gold glitter. This liquid formula, however, minimizes the glitter but still has that wonderful, soft shimmer that makes a gal glow like nobody's business..

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I try so hard to like Orgasm since it's a cult favorite and maybe even because of the name?? Similar to it's powder predecessor, it's a frosty mess on my cheeks. Not for me, but maybe for you. I will not purchase.