Ecotools Color Perfecting Minis

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

These little sponges are terrific! I purchased them off the ecotools website (along with the larger face sponge duo). They work great as a very inexpensive beautyblender brand dupe. It’s more what I had been hoping for and expecting when the micro beautyblenders initially launched. These are larger than those, but smaller than the beautyblender blusher (which is the only “official” BB I continue to repurchase). The only two cons I would say would be they are not as durable as some other sponges I’ve tried, though the price and 4 ct. in the package mostly justifies it. Also, I find all the ecotools (and L’Oreal, actually) sponges all retain much more water when used wet, which I find sheers out my makeup a little too much and sometimes can make any powder applied turn cakey/pasty even. In order to avoid that, I really make sure to wring/squeeze out as much water as possible. Then, this gives a beautiful finish!

on 6/28/2017 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'd been frustrated by shadow base, cream shadow, and concealer creasing at the inner corner of my eye, and area that is almost impossible to smooth out with any brush. Enter these cute little sponges. They're not tiny--I don't find myself fumbling with them--but they are small, and the semi-teardrop shape has a flat area that comes to a point. Problem solved! I don't soak these before using, I just mist with a little water. They're very soft and quite dense which, combined with the shape, make them the perfect texture for smoothing out creasing and applying product in that hard-to-reach spot. Because of the flat edge, they're also great for quickly correcting mistakes, especially eye/lip liner and around the brows. They come four to a pack for $7.99 and are color-coded for use with correcting concealers, which is convenient, and they work very well for that, as well as blending the edges of concealer (using the rounded end). If you don't use a sponge to apply makeup but wish you had one for certain tasks, these are your product. But follow the directions for cleaning on the package and don't rub when you wash them--they will rip. Just soak under running water, add a couple of drops of cleanser (I just use dishwashing liquid), squeeze until it lathers, then squeeze under running water to rinse. They come out perfectly clean no matter what I've use them with. I will repurchase these handy little tools.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools