NYX Professional Makeup Lid Lingerie

NYX Professional Makeup Lid Lingerie

4.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Diisostearyl Malate, Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Trideceth-10, Tin Oxide, Alumina, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really liked the quality of it. It was the shade nude to me, It was a little too gold and not the champagne shade I was hoping for so I did ot keep it, but it dried down well and was very easy to apply. I woulds blend it out with a fluffy eye brush and it looked very pretty. It blended out so well. It was affordable at around $7. I think it was just a little too metallic for me, but they are very well made.

on 5/2/2018 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like these liquid shadows. The consistency is smooth and almost gel like. It blends easily and dries down quickly. I bought Rose Pearl and Night Glow. The pigmentation is pretty close to what you see in the tube even after it has dried. Night Glow appears a bit more gray than brown on me, though. My one complaint is that they don't last as long as my pressed powder shadows. By the end of the workday, I can hardly see the color. I will keep experimenting with eye primer so hopefully, I can find a way.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have Sweet Cloud which is a gorgeous shimmery bronze that is so flattering if you suit cooler tones. I've been looking for a swipe and go type eyeshadow and this is perfect for me. The colour is buildable and I only use a tiny little bit during the day, and for evenings I just apply a little more and blend a darker brown shadow into the crease. Voila! Perfection every time and literally NO creasing! I can even shower and this won't come off

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love love LOVE this. First of all, great packaging- I kind of hate having to carry around my other eye shadows, as they often come in a heavy little glass jar, but I love this packaging! Looks like a liquid lipstick with a doe foot and is easy to apply on the lid. The formula is amazing, very creamy, glides like a dream, and so easy to smear all over the eyelid. The color I have is New Romance. It's my favorite eye shadow right now. I have a thing for using a single shadow as opposed to the current trend of very precise shadow colors applied and blended out here and there. It brings great luminosity and brightness to my eyes whilst delivering a subtle, light pink shade. Doesn't crease too noticeably and even so, that's why I prefer creams to powders (I can just blend it real quick with my fingertip). Doesn't crease at all when I use an eyeshadow primer, which I guess is what most people do. Couldn't hope for more, and yet it's so reasonably priced! I highly recommend it and might pick up some new colors.

on 8/8/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I decided to try Lid Lingerie because I was looking for a cruelty free alternative to Maybelline Color Tattoos and Dior Fusion Mono, both of which were my go-to for a "one and done" look. I'm glad I decided to try this because I really do love it! I picked up two matte shades and one shimmery shade. Just to offer you a comparison, I feel like the Lid Lingerie is perhaps not quite as bullet proof as the Color Tattoos, but definitely more long wearing than the Dior Fusion Mono.

The product is packaged in a tube with a wand applicator, similar to a lip gloss. I've found that the best way to apply is to dab a few tiny dots on with the wand then gently blend it with my ring finger. Similar to the Color Tattoos, this product doesn't really like brushes so you may want to pass on this if you don't like using your fingertip.

Once the Lid Lingerie is applied to my lid, I usually swish a tiny amount of my bronzer into the crease for depth, and call it a day.

For me, this shadow is definitely long wearing. I've worn it inside in comfortable conditions and I wore it outside to a concert when the weather was as sweltering and muggy as can be, and it stayed put! It wore well and lasted for seven hours before it started to fade and that's just fine with me. After seven hours, I really don't care.

I still think this formula is best for a one and done type of look because it doesn't blend easily, and it can go muddy if you keep blending. I'm 41 years old and my lids sometimes get dry, so if you're younger, you may not experience this issue at all. Either way, if you happen to enjoy easy one step eye looks, you might love this one as much as I do!

It retails for around six dollars at Ulta and Walgreens and it's available in six or seven matte shades, and six or seven shimmery shades. I really can't imagine running out of this product, at least not any time soon, but if I did run out, I'd repurchase.

on 6/27/2017 1:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

These cream eyeshadows are amazing. They are pigmented and long lasting with a lovely satin/mettalic finish. I have 5 shades - Whimsy, Sweet Cloud, Rose Pearl, Night Glow, and New Romance. I believe there are several more. I like to dab a small brush on the applicator then apply to the lid. There is some play time for blending then it dries down nicely. Great for my hooded lids as transfer is minimal. Good value...I'll probably pick up whole collection!

I recently purchased NYX Professional Makeup Lid Lingerie in two shades: Morning Sky and New Romance.

Morning Sky is a vivid metallic seafoam green, while New Romance is a vivid metallic copper.

Lid Lingerie is offered in 12 shades, and all 12 shades are metallic finishes.

The formula is a cream, packaged in a tube with a doe-foot applicator. The product dries down quickly, but you do have time to blend. However, I would apply the product to one eye at a time and then blend before moving on to the other eye.

I use the doe-foot applicator to apply the product to my lids, and then take a flat, taklon hair concealer brush to define the shape and blend out the edges.

In addition to using the product as an all over lid color, I've also taken a bit from the applicator using a fine liner brush, and applied it solely as a liner. Because of the high metallic sheen, this really makes the eyes pop!

Some shades, such as Fame & Fortune (metallic silver), White Lace (metallic white), Gold Standard (metallic gold), Nude To Me (beige toned nude metallic), and Rose Pearl (pink toned nude metallic) would work well as an inner corner highlight, too.

Using the tip of your finger, you can tap and blend any of the shades over any other shadow in the very center of your upper lid to create a highlight there, too.

One caution; while Morning Sky is a stunning color, it stains the skin quite badly! I recommend applying Morning Sky over an eyeshadow base (even if you use a primer). You'll want a base that dries down completely after application, such as a MAC Paint Pot (not a base that remains tacky). If you fail to use a base with Morning Sky, you'll have green lids for a day or two after you remove the product....

While not for everyday when applied to the entire lid due to their high metallic sheen, NYX Professional Makeup Lid Lingerie shadows are quite versatile (you don't HAVE to use them all over your lid), have great staying power, are easy to work with, and, when the occasion calls for drama, work extremely well. They're also quite affordable!