70%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Definitely an HG for me. Not certain it would have been HG status in my 20’s but in my late 40’s anything that helps take focus off fine lines/wrinkles is my friend. I use the candleglow perfecting powder to set my eye concealer and it does not settle at all or dry my eye area out at all. I also use a light dusting over the rest of my face after setting my concealer and it gives a beautiful healthy but not excessive glow. I constantly get compliments since using it the last year and it will remain a staple. :)

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

1.0

7 months ago

Expensive and it's the same as a regular drugstore powder. Don't know how people can fall for this. Got a sample size and wouldn't even think of purchasing it. Just overpriced. Crazy world we live in. 🤣

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

7 months ago

It’s expensive and product does not seems to have much colour. It’s suppose to give the luminous look, but actually felt like nothing. It is quite dry too if you put too much on the eyelid or under-eye areas. Box breaks easily.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

I went on the hunt for a discreet highlighter that wouldn't give me Instagram Tin Man cheekbones (GAH! STROBING! Why won't it DIE?) and ended up with this. I'm finding the all-over luminosity so flattering, even on my dryish, 40-something skin. It takes me back (sad piano music inserted here) to the days of the now discontinued luminous Clinique loose powder (official name forgotten). Anyhow, over my Marcelle City Cream, this is pure magic, and I'm sure it'd hold up alone as well. Yes, it's $50 Canadian, but you get a lot for your money. Non-irritating, no offensive smell. Package is large but sturdy and not unattractive A wonderfully elegant, refined product that wakes up the complexion. It's a yes from me!

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

There is not much to say about this powder, it is pure magic! This is a beautiful baked powder formula, finely milled and ultra lightweight. It does not add much coverage, but if you just want to set your makeup and add a bit of natural healthy glow - this powder will be your best friend. I think it will work wonders for people with dry, normal even dry-combination skin. Great for a delicate under-eye area too. I would highly recommend it to people who love natural makeup and are not into overly matte, dry baking. If you want to read more about this and other Laura Mercier bestsellers, check out my detailed review here (https://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/08/10/FullFaceOfLauraMercierBestsellers). Hope it helps!

About reviewer (557 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

I was looking for a nice illuminating primer when I tried laura mercier candleglow sheer perfecting powder on my face, I was surprised (in a good way) how it illuminates beautifully my skin.. really soft, mild light reflecting powder, blurred my pores and I can see how it softens my complexion. I fell in love.. And I have tried lots of pressed powder and this one impressed me the most (so far).. Bought shade 2.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

Bought this in the lightest shade. I use it all over my face after using any other foundation/powder/primer etc. it adds a beautiful luminous but subtle glow to my skin. I am very fair and sometimes my skin looks a little flat after I apply foundation/tinted moisturizer this really helps fix this. It also helps blur imperfections when I use a lighter powder foundation. It's a little pricey but I likely would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3.0

2 years ago

I had wanted to purchase the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light at the Sephora sale but it was sold out so I decided to try this instead. Purchased it in the colour 1 (Fair). I'm not 100% sold on this product. It definitely leaves a luminous finish, but I don't find it really perfects the skin in terms of blurring pores. For that effect I prefer the Nars light reflecting translucent crystal powder. The LM powder is not super sheer and the colour is not that light considering it's the lightest in the range (definitely not for porcelain skin). I'll continue to use but at this point don't think I would repurchase.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Can't believe no one is raving about this powder.. I went to Sephora to get my regular Hourglass Powder in Dim Light, when the salesgirl asked me what type of foundation I normally wear under the Hourglass. I told her I never wear full coverage foundations, and wear light/luminous types.. She suggested this Laura Mercier powder instead of the Hourglass, and said it will do the same thing, but also add a little more added coverage, without feeling OR looking like I was wearing anything full coverage, just perfected.. I'm so glad I trusted her! When I use this over my MAC Water Weight, MAC Face and Body, or Becca Aqua Luminous, I just look glowy and flawless, which at 47 yo I will gladly take! If you love Hourglass luminous powders, you will love this even more! Im NW25 and I purchased CandleGlow2, and it's the perfect color for my skin tone. I still went back and purchased my Dim Light, but I use each for different reasons, and the Laura Mercier provides a glow from within, AND a little extra coverage for nighttime looks. Definitely recommend.. It's also about $9 cheaper than the Hourglass, check it out at Sephora! ????

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I love this setting powder! It really does give me a natural glow look! amazing! I wear this daily and people usually compliment me on how natural it looks on my skin. People assume I am not wearing foundation. I am NC37 with dark brown eyes and hair so I got the powder in COLOR 3 - light to medium and it was a great match. Yes I would repurchase this product again!

About reviewer (227 reviews)

Age30-35