Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipstick

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love matte liquid lipstick but like many others despise those that are exceedingly dry. This one isn't. I purchased Bliss on a whim at Target and am really impressed. First off, yes, this is matte but it isn't dry and on my lips did not dry to a latex like coat of paint, some tack remains. As it is very cold here in NY I apply a balm to my very dry lips, that increases the tack of this product but reduces longevity. I'm fine with that. I haven't applied this to bare lips therefore I have no idea ultimately how long wearing this will be. I use liner. This color is a very muted dusty cream pink. I have many issues with lip color being either too cool or too yellow/orange. This one leans cool but doesn't have a lavender cast which I dislike. When I tested Latte, the next warmer color in the range it was too yellow for me. The other pink, a rose color, was deeper but a bit too peach for me. All are lovely but Bliss was my goal color. I will wear Bliss and if the quality is there my next purchase will be the stunning red in the line. I didn't detect an offensive odor or scent of any note.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

i love this lip colour. i got the blue iris. the first time i applied it while spreading it over my lips there were some parts that looked like i hadnt applied the lip colour to those parts. i used two coats the first time. the second time, i swiped it once across my lips so that i didnt have to "wipe" some of the lip colour off. the lip colour is amazing it feels so good. lining my lips wasnt necessary, my lips looked line with the lip colour. it stayed on all day, even after eating.

Although I only have one shade, I really like these liquid lipsticks. I like a matte finish but hate when it is too dry since I have very dry lips. These are really good as they dry matte but very soft. I have kissed my boyfriend multiple times with this lipstick and have eaten food with it and it stays on pretty well. Really recommend these lipsticks. Even though they do not have very many colours, everyone will be able to like at least one colour.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT: bought the color Pink Bliss, and it was the perfect nude for me. I also got a coupon for another two lip products from Rimmel, so might try some more colors. Would recommend to stay away from the unnatural shades due to their seemingly poor formula, however, Pink Bliss went on well, but it might be due to the color similarity with my natural lip color.
END EDIT

I have only tried one color: Blue Iris, which is a deep, cool-toned purple (middle color in the picture above) that I bought for Halloween. I had purchased the Balm's Meet Matte Hughes about two months earlier, which I found to be pretty great, so the Rimmel Liquid Lip was quite a disappointment - at least in this color.

The first thing I noticed was the slightly weird smell of it - it smells like safflower oil... whatever - I can deal with that. The dough foot applicator is quite OK - it applies the product well. However: the formula of the product itself does not apply well: it is not very pigmented, so it looked streaky when I applied the first layer. There is no way you can get away with only one layer of product in this color, so I applied another layer. Which didn't work very well: if I didn't use a very light touch, the product wiped itself off my lips! When I pressed my lips together, there was a huge bald spot where the product came off almost completely. I decided to carefully try to apply the product in a dragging motion... it seemed to work - most of the color was opaque, but there were still a few spots I had to go ever a third time.

At this point, I felt like I had quite a thick layer of product on my lips - I could clearly feel it. The texture of my lips was also not-so-good, as the product enhances any dry texture, lines, bunches up a little, and applies streaky. When it finally dried (which took some time), my lips were still a little tacky, and I couldn't press them together, or I would get bald spots...

I tried to make this work about 5 times, but it never does. The removal in-between is awful: the lipstick stains my skin grey, and the color is difficult to remove - even two rounds of oil cleansing + scrubbing with face wash didn't quite get the color off. I gave up on trying to wear this for Halloween, as I just couldn't make the lipstick look even. When I tried to walk around with it for some time, it was a little drying for my lips - quite more than the Meet Matte Hughes.

I don't know whether I would try any of the other colors, but I sure wouldn't recommend Blue Iris to anyone - it was a total fail for me, especially after trying some liquid lipsticks that actually work well. In general, it seems like people have an issue with this color, and the other less natural colors, according to reviews below. Who knows - I might try some of the other, more ordinary colors...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought the red fire starter based on the recommendation of someone in my vintage makeup group. I wore it to work today and did not have to reapply once. It’s a great starter Red.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a very comfortable liquid lipstick, but I'd stick to the more ordinary colors. For how comfortable it is, it also has good staying power and does not move. I've ate and drank with it on without having to reapply. My big problem is that the more unusual colors would not get opaque on me. I've tried Blue Iris (navy) and Shadow (grey). With both, I'd get a dark ring on the outside of my lips, but I could still see my lips through it. My lips are very pigmented, so it might not be an issue that everyone has. I tried lip liners and even adding another layer after letting it dry for as much as thirty minutes and I had no luck. I haven't had the same issue with Heartbeat, and I'll absolutely be checking out some of the other reds and pinks in the collection.

i have the shade 500 Fire starter I just put it on and after letting it dry I love the colour I love the payoff and i love the price. I will buy other colours for sure cause Im always on the hunt for new lippies. The shade is a good orangy red just great for christmas times ahead. Me like.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It's long lasting (can last 6-8 hours before you need to touch up), intense colour, does not transfer, dries to a matte finish, easy to apply and really affordable. I got this in the shade mocha which is a brown nude, and to be honest I think it's a little too close to my skin tone so it makes me look a bit washed out. However, there is a great selection of shades (lots of pinks and nudes) so no doubt there's plenty more colours for me to choose from. Overall a great product, especially for the price.

TIP: Give the product about 5-10 min to dry up properly on your lips before eating/drinking or pressing them together.

I bought pink blink and I love it! It has long wear and is very pigmented. For the price I want all the colors!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Saw these at Shopper's - originally $10 on sale for $6, so I figured I'd pick up a few. I got the black, purple, and a nude shade.

Saying that I'm disappointed is a gross understatement. They are chunky, so when you apply them to your lips there are chunks of lipstick all over. They're streaky, and if you press your lips together the colour practically disappears. The smell is also very strong and gave me a headache.

I was really excited to have some good liquid lips, but these definitely aren't it.