Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Lipstick

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a very comfortable liquid lipstick, but I'd stick to the more ordinary colors. For how comfortable it is, it also has good staying power and does not move. I've ate and drank with it on without having to reapply. My big problem is that the more unusual colors would not get opaque on me. I've tried Blue Iris (navy) and Shadow (grey). With both, I'd get a dark ring on the outside of my lips, but I could still see my lips through it. My lips are very pigmented, so it might not be an issue that everyone has. I tried lip liners and even adding another layer after letting it dry for as much as thirty minutes and I had no luck. I haven't had the same issue with Heartbeat, and I'll absolutely be checking out some of the other reds and pinks in the collection.

i have the shade 500 Fire starter I just put it on and after letting it dry I love the colour I love the payoff and i love the price. I will buy other colours for sure cause Im always on the hunt for new lippies. The shade is a good orangy red just great for christmas times ahead. Me like.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It's long lasting (can last 6-8 hours before you need to touch up), intense colour, does not transfer, dries to a matte finish, easy to apply and really affordable. I got this in the shade mocha which is a brown nude, and to be honest I think it's a little too close to my skin tone so it makes me look a bit washed out. However, there is a great selection of shades (lots of pinks and nudes) so no doubt there's plenty more colours for me to choose from. Overall a great product, especially for the price.

TIP: Give the product about 5-10 min to dry up properly on your lips before eating/drinking or pressing them together.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Did I get a bad unit? My lips are generally soft and smooth, but this cracked and flaked on me like there's no tomorrow.

I bought pink blink and I love it! It has long wear and is very pigmented. For the price I want all the colors!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Saw these at Shopper's - originally $10 on sale for $6, so I figured I'd pick up a few. I got the black, purple, and a nude shade.

Saying that I'm disappointed is a gross understatement. They are chunky, so when you apply them to your lips there are chunks of lipstick all over. They're streaky, and if you press your lips together the colour practically disappears. The smell is also very strong and gave me a headache.

I was really excited to have some good liquid lips, but these definitely aren't it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

These are by far the most comfortable liquid lipstick that I've ever tried, beating out all of my other drugstore and higher end liquid lipsticks. I picked up the shades Rose & Shine and Heartbeat at Ulta for about $6 each and intend on picking up more colors ASAP. The whipped, moussey formula dries down matte without drying out the lips or settling into fine lines. I'm able to get full opacity with one swipe and the color dries relatively fast, but still allows enough time to go back and fix mistakes. The packaging is different from the traditional tube, with a little "twist" that makes sure your lipstick isn't rolling around all over the place. The wear time is impressive; I'm able to get about 8 hours of wear before fading slightly in the middle. It does wear off when eating or drinking (as do most liquid lipsticks), so you will need to reapply after a meal, but that isn't much of an issue since these layer beautifully. Overall, I highly recommend these to anyone looking for a comfortable liquid lip.

Pros:
very affordable
widely available
decent shade range
VERY comfortable formula
excellent wear time
full opacity with one swipe
cute, unique packaging
layers well

Cons:
none

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought this at Walgreen's for $6 and I love it so much! It dries matte, but it doesn't get so dry that it flakes off your lips. I got the shade "Be My Baby" and it's the perfect nude. These last a long time, and you don't have to reapply as often as you would with other products. If you're eat something greasy, expect it to all come off though. Excited to buy more of these!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was searching for a matte dusty rose lipstick and came across this. And while there was a dusty rose color, I couldn't take my eyes off the beautiful vibrant red one that was also on display. So, I stood there deliberating for a while and ended up choosing the red one; 500 Fire Starter. I put it on as soon as I got in the car. The color is neutral leaning warm, which was flattering on my warm skin tone. It applied like a dream; the coverage was even, and it didn't run or feather. However, I was quite surprised that this lipstick was one that dries... that wasn't readily apparent to me as I looked over the details in the store. The sensation of it drying took me right back to middle school when I was experimenting a lot with lipsticks you had to let it dry and then apply a clear topcoat. But this Rimmel lipstick looks and feels so much better than those old formulas did. It feels nice and comfortable on the lips... ever so slightly tacky, but comfortable nonetheless. And it does in fact dry to a matte finish. Also, it has very good staying power, I only had to reapply at once during the day. It was worth the ~$6 paid.

I got the tone Latte to Go and it's the perfect nude for me... I tried it with a gloss and fell in love with it immediately. After that I went to a birthday party where I ate and had beverages... Surprisingly, the lipstick was still on me and it barely transferred... Loved it and I 100% recommend.