Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

4.1

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Polyethylene, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Calcium Carbonate, Dextrin Palmitate, Honey, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Butylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Lecithin, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance (parfum), May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 2/6/2017 6:11:00 PM

This is a product that takes experimentation so if you know that going in, you probably won't be disappointed. After trying several different methods of application I finally hit upon what works for me: I use a concealer brush to apply a small amount under my eyes, around my nose, and on a discoloration I have on the side of my face. Then I use a dry Beauty Blender to press it into my skin. I pat, a lot. The result is flawless skin with no foundation. Depending on my plans, I use Laura Mercier powder, otherwise, I just go on to blush and mascara and I'm done. It's also vital to have a good match or you're wasting your time. I tried two different shades before having a rep at a high end makeup store pick out the perfect match for me (a shade I would not have picked on my own!). The amount in the package will last for years, I'm sure so the price is fine.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is HG for me. I wear sx08 and am an NC 25-30 at MAC. I have really good skin, but it's incredibly dry and I think that's why this product works so well for me. I mix an almost rice grain sized dot with a drop or two of argan or jojoba oil, it blends perfectly and has a lot of slip this way, then I smear it around my face and blend with a damp BB. It truly looks like skin, but covers redness/rosacea, uneven skin tone and blemishes without looking like you dipped your face in a vat of foundation.
I love it for my under eyes, I do the same as I do for my face but use less oil, the oil stops it from creasing and moisturizes my super dry super dark circles,
If you are oily skinned, don't exfoliate regularly, and don't have time to play around with this to get the learning curve then I would suggest you pass.
Love it! Color matching is difficult, but I bought samples, and honestly the amount I got in the sample pots will last me at least a month or two.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay, so I don't mean to ruin this for anybody because I'm still on the fence: So I ordered this from Sephora in color 07, thinking I could use it a little lighter to add coverage to my darker foundation. The color did not match, and I think led to part of the reason why I don't love it. I tried it mixed with my foundation, and had success at some points, but found my foundation to look a little dry. So then I mixed it with my Korres moisturizer, but it was too pale and not a ton of coverage overall, like barely a tinted moisturizer. I also bought the Boots Botanics facial oil to try this with and it was just too pale and dry looking, really cakey and not luxurious. - Honestly, I tried to work with this and I KNOW it's tough until you get it, but I don't have the patience to figure out how to use this at all. I think I'm going to order it again in the color 10, and hopefully that helps. But honestly: I really wanted to love this and I do love Kevyn Aucoin, but this just wasn't for me right now. I got a sample of the cover fx drops instead, so we'll see how those go.

on 10/16/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After using this for an entire year I am finally writing a review!

Sensual skin enhancer is amazing, it finally allowed me to cover my imperfections with out having to also use layer upon layer of foundation (I have acne and hyper pigmentation). This has honestly been life changing, I can't emphasise how much. I used to spend over an hour doing my make up on a morning because my skin looked so disgusting i felt like i need to compensate by putting loads of eye make up on and lipstick and the full face just everyday. Since beginning to use and working with it, it has truly changed my daily routine (I can get ready in 5 minutes!!).

For application I would say using a concealer brush is best, you need a tiny amount (when i mean tiny I mean like a tiny dot this stuff covers like crazy). Then just blend blend blend, this blends seamlessly into your own skin. I've tried using a beauty blender however felt as if this shifted the product a tad. Also this is not really that suitable for undereyes as it can look cakey, however mixed with a moisturiser it may work in doing that.

Whilst the price seems crazily high it's really not, one pot lasted me over a year! The pot holds so much product and it so highly pigmented that this isn't something you go through in a couple months.

I honestly can't thank Kevyn Aucoin enough, this product has just made my life so much easier. Now onto my second pot!

(I am also mac NC42 and i got this sx11)

This stuff is magical. It can hide ANYTHING and make you look like you had the best 12 hour sleep of your life.

It's super thick so moisturised, hydrated and primed skin is key as it can look cakey if your skin isn't prepped for it. I apply mine with a beautyblender which also helps leave a nice dewy finish.

Although it might seem pricey, a little bit goes a loooooonnnggg way (no, seriously. Be careful!)

Only downside of this product is the packaging. It's a pot so if you apply it with your fingers it's not the most hygienic. A squeeze tube would be way better.

Best product for long wearing concealing and foundation. I've had mine for FOUR YEARS and still have about half the pot left. It probably has gone bad by now, but I'm still using it.... I've used it backpacking through the jungle, this stuff looks great throughout the day. You can get discounts on this on other websites so it's not expensive at all. I want to try the foundation. I have SX 08 and am a NC30 skintone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok guys....
First let me tell you I'm an NC30-35 in MAC foundation shade. My undeye circles are moderately dark and slightly dry. I've tried countless foundations to try to cover them up but a lot crape or don't stay put throughout the day.
I used a Bobby Brown salmon corrector with the Kevyn Aucoin sx8 concealer on top. Bare in mind a little with this product goes A LONG way. It's really thick so work it in as quickly as you can.
I applied a little bit of my Laura mercier secret brightening powder on top with my damn beauty blender and my under eye was looking covered, highlighted and made me look more awake! (This is always a plus)

Could be quite heavy for everyday use. Also consider even though it's pricey for a concealer, the product is thick and you only need a little amount. I've had my tub for over a year and I still have so much product left!

Make sure to moisture your undereye well beforehand; if you want the product to sit well on your skin.

Hope that helped my dry skinned people :)

on 6/24/2016 9:07:00 AM

So I wasn't sure about this product, I kept playing with it....mixing it with different primers or moisturizers. Tried traditional foundation brushes (the flat synthetic kind), tried it with the beauty blender. It really didn't impress me. Then I tried buffing it with the real techniques brush and OMG, I suddenly got the hype!! I break a q-tip in half and put tiny rice sized amounts around my face, maybe 5 total, then buff it out. It is amazing!! I repeat in problem areas to build it up and the coverage and air brushed finish is very impressive!! I set it with a light dusting of Laura Mercier powder then Urban Decay setting spray and it does not move all day.

When I first received the tiny pot of SSE in the mail, I was disappointed in the size. That was, until I discovered how heavily pigmented it is. I quickly realized that all I need is the tiniest dab to conceal spots and any redness that my foundation may not cover.

While the neutral beige was a nearly perfect match for my skin, I sadly found that the product was difficult to work with. It is extremely cakey, even when used very sparingly, and highlights the dry patches around my nose - patches of dryness I didn't even know existed!

It is also heavily fragranced, but the fragrance seems to disappear shortly after application. It smelled like a generic perfume to me, not bad but not great, either. Lastly, I was very disheartened to see that it had oxidized on me and slid off my nose and chin before the six hour mark!

Although I adore Kevyn Aucoin, I don't believe I will be purchasing the SSE ever again. For my combination, mature skin, it just doesn't seem to work. :(

on 6/19/2016 10:39:00 AM

Background: My skin is a NC-15 in MAC. I'm pretty pale. I wear an N10 in Custom FX Coverdrops. My skin is pretty good, I've just got some pigmented marks from some previously healed acne.

I bought the Skin Enhancer in SX01, the lightest shade. I had heard about all the reviews and the great wonders of it so I said: heck yeah! I got some samples and tried them out as a foundation at first. One pin head amount, you know the yellow pin heads, with some moisturizer. It covered pretty well but was a little cakey. Since most people use it as a concealer anyway I decided to do that.

As a concealer: I do not like this. Its heavy coverage I hear but....it doesn't blend out well for me. When I put it on, yes, it covers up my untextured redness. However, as soon as I blend it out and into my skin I suddenly see the redness again. It just will not blend into my moisturized skin, primed skin, unmoisturized skin, unprimed skin without blending away. I typically either just tap it with a beauty blender or my pinky, since its the weakest finger, so I know I'm not blending too hard.