Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

4.1

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Polyethylene, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Calcium Carbonate, Dextrin Palmitate, Honey, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Butylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Lecithin, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance (parfum), May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I bought this in sx11 as a foundation a while ago and at first I didn't think too highly of the product when I used it all over my face in a thin layer so i put it to the side until recently when I used it under the eyes and set it and it literally looks airbrushed. However you have to set it in order to get that look and you need a decent setting powder.

Like everyone says a tub lasts forever and then some. Super pigmented and extremely thick so you'll want to mix it with something else to allow it to properly blend.

The finish and staying power are phenomenal, much better than other products I've used as you don't have to sacrifice creaminess for staying power like with other foundations.
It's so good I'm thinking of buying a color to cream contour with soon.

Go and try a sample asap!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My shade matches for reference
Mac NC35-42 (I mix for my perfect shade depending on the time of year)
Face and body C5
Maybelline Superstay 24hr- 220 (fall/winter) 310 (summer)
MUFE- y405

I have this in sx10 and sx11 and mix them to get my perfect shade. A little goes a very long way. You can use this alone, but I find that there a bit more drag that way and it WILL CATCH on to the drier patches in your face. I find it best mixed an eye cream if used under the eye: and I do love to use this as a mixer with foundation when I wanna bump up coverage and slightly correct the tone

on 6/27/2018 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly, I couldn't figure how to use this as a foundation, but as a concealer, this is amazing. I have acne scars that I need to cover up and I use the spot concealing method to cover them up. Using a fine point brush, this works perfect. I only need a grain sized amount on my hand to achieve this: a tiny bit of product on the brush will cover 2-3 spots. Then I take a blending brush to blend out the edges and set with a powder. The coverage lasts all day.

I have been using this and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage for a while. After trying both, I prefer this product over LM Secret Camouflage because this doesn't look as dry on me. If you have oily skin, you may consider LM Secret Camouflage because this is oil based, and might be a little oily. However, on my super dry skin, this works great and I have had no breakouts so far.

I'm NC20ish and SX06 seems to be a good match for me, but I am going to get a shade or two darker to color correct the acne scars.

If you want to get samples, you can get them at Camera Ready Cosmetics. If using as a concealer, even the sample size should last you a while.

on 6/13/2018 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

best. concealer. ever.

i have never had a concealer which could cover both undereye circles and spots equally well. They normally fall short in either one of the departments. That being said, I have had this product for a few months and have now only begun to master using it properly. watched several videos, read reviews over here, and everything everyone says is valid. it has an extremely thick consistency, it's not the easiest of products to blend and because i bought it online the shade i got (SX03) was a little challenging for me. However I managed to make it work because i have hereditary brown dark circles (I am a EF01 in daylight for the Kevyn Aucoin etherealist foundation) and the shade SX03 is somewhat yellow. it's great for spots as well. I use a purple setting powder and it all works out beautifully, I don't even need foundation.

tip for those who really cannot seem to work with its consistency - try mixing it with some facial oil or moisturiser. the trick is to blend it quickly and to use a VERY tiny amount and build it up from there if necessary. I find the best tool for a flawless application to be the kevyn aucoin duet concealer brush. that's another review for another time. best blending and concealer brush i have ever used.

on 5/17/2018 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I bought this concealer in Vegas and it’s such a weird consistency and it’s very hard to blend out. It’s very thick and honestly I don’t think it’s worth the money, it’s expensive and it doesn’t last too long on the skin. I don’t know why people love it so much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am super picky about getting my money's worth when it comes to makeup. This is one of the few high-end products that lives up to the hype and is actually worth its hefty price tag. Why, you say? Three things: 1. Pigmentation is insanely rich, so a pot lasts a LONG time- as in years even (if kept sanitary, cool and not shared) 2. It does what it says and performs beautifully 3. It's versatile. As long as you are not extremely sensitive to scent (SSE is noticeably fragranced) this is a worthwhile investment for most skin types. I have very oily skin with a few fine lines and it wears beautifully one when applied properly. I was skeptical at first because I usually would never use a cream/oil based foundation, but similar to the famous RCMA cream, there is so much pigment that you use 1/4 or less of what you would with any other foundation. SSE can be used as a concealer, an overall high-coverage foundation, or mixed with a moisturizer or facial oil for a sheer glow. My favorite way to apply is buffed in with a soft flat-top or duo fibre brush and set with translucent powder. Color selection is outstanding, with very natural, neutral undertones from light to rich shades. Photographs beautifully.

on 2/11/2018 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is an amazing concealer which can also be used as a foundation but due to price I wouldn't purchase again I just think £38 is a lot for a concealer. Although the small pot has a lot of product in it and you only need a little as it really is thick.

Product itself - full coverage concealer you only need the tiniest of amount and really need to blend it well. Very good coverage and creamy consistency. Covers blemishes even pores so well and I have pitted acne scars - even diminishes those!

on 11/15/2017 11:05:00 PM

Well, I've been looking to try this for quite a while. Am happy to share that it didn't disappoint! Purchased the shade in 06X and so far seems a good match for my light/medium, combination skin I think this is pretty forgiving depending on how you blend, mix and sheer it out. Have only had this a week so far, but have tried it (a rice sized grain) with both primer and moisturizer. I mix it on my hand and apply with flat-topped stippling/foundation brush. Any remaining goes on as eyelid primer, and on a few sun spots I've acquired (good times). You can also warm up a pin-sized amount with your fingers and dab under eyes, around nose to conceal redness, etc. It works like a dream to cover, but allows your skin to show through. It's the perfect combination of matte/dewey finish and doesn't settle into fine lines. It looks undetectable when you use a light hand. I love how versatile this is as well--concealer, foundation tinted BB cream-LOVE. The pot is small but should last a long time since you only use a bit of product at a time. Highly recommend for anyone who likes to employ a little artistic license with their foundation.

on 11/6/2017 10:27:00 PM

I love makeup and even though I want to reduce the amount of cosmetics I purchase, I'm always trying new foundations.
For long, I wanted to try this, despite being extremely expensive. Finally, a few weeks ago, I was finally able to try it, test the consistency and swatch the colors at Barney's and Sephora.
I went for SK04, even not being a perfect match as it is fair but with an intense yellow undertones -far more than I need-.

I take a lentil size amount with a spatula and to make the foundation more manageable and match my skin tone better, I add two drops of Total Control Drop Foundation, mix on my palm and apply with fingers over moisturized skin. I "set" with a flat dry brush. For concealing, I use it on its own, just the slightest touch applied with brush.
The staying power is not the best -I use no setting powder or spray at all- but the final finish is natural with great coverage (it covers my melasma better than any other I've tried).

I particularly love the packaging and the consistency, as both make it perfect for travel: it's tiny so it fits even the smallest purse and so thick that it never spills.
The downsides are two: is extra yellow so mixing is a MUST for me and it's amazingly expensive.

As soon as I finish it, I'd like to try Dermacolor, as it's supposed to have an amazing coverage and it's less expensive than this one.

Overall, I like it and to be honest, I feel fancy using it. :3 I just hope it lasts for a year or more, as other reviewers have stated.

on 9/25/2017 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very very pigmented product, and although I said I will buy it again I will probably never need to, as a tiny amount goes along way. It you need to cover anything, this is the product for you. I used this to cover a black eye when I had photos taken and you could not tell. It is very opaque, so good color match is essential. I dot it on using a liner brush and pat it with my finger until it disappears. Definitely not for people without the patience to work with it.