Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

4.1

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Polybutene, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Polyethylene, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Calcium Carbonate, Dextrin Palmitate, Honey, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Butylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Lecithin, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Methylparaben, Fragrance (parfum), May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This stuff really is magical, and I wish I'd listened to the hype years ago. It covers like a dream, buffs out nicely, has a great finish, and the tiny jar seems like it'll last for a very long time. I mainly use this to cover acne marks, redness in my cheeks, and other small areas of discoloration, then I buff it out and go over it with a more natural-looking foundation. It looks very good on the skin and doesn't clog my pores. Believe the hype on this product, because it is as good as everyone says.

on 6/21/2017 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best concealer ever, the value for money is phenomenal, it'll last you a good 1.5 - 2 years if you're only using it under the eyes like me. The shade SX11 is perfect for my very yellow-toned, NC-42/44 skin. I would definitely repurchase again. As a bonus, it lasts forever on my extremely oily undeye area.

on 6/11/2017 3:14:00 PM

My HG due to it's wear, natural finish and versatility. I am around NC20 with strong yellow tones so I use 04. if you are leaning more neutral try 05.

This can be a full coverage foundation or a tinted moisturizer. I mix it with my moisturizers and it's so small that it's very easy to travel with. Do not be put off by the small size, you need very little for full coverage. I have had mine for two years now and have barely made a dent. It takes time to experiment on application methods and if you are lazy and don't prep your skin consider finding something else.

If you have a sensitivity to mineral oil beware as well. Personally, my skin loves it and so this product wears wonderfully on my normal leaning combo skin.

on 5/28/2017 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is hands down the world's best concealer for hyperpigmentation! Everyone complains about how tricky this is to use, let me tell you the best way I've found in the past year or so. I prime my face then I use my sensual skin enhancer in shade 03 or shade 04 if I need to color correct (more yellow), I take a small amount and dab it over any imperfections. Do not use this under the eyes as is it extremely thick and heavy. I don't really blend where I've covered my imperfections, I just go over it with my foundation (nars sheer glow in Fiji) with a beauty blender and everything melts together effortlessly. This is the perfect way to use a lighter coverage foundation but still feel perfected. I prefer this method as it is less detectable than spit concealing afterwards.

on 5/28/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'd heard a lot of rave reviews about this product, once you get the technique down, this is a holy grail foundation for me! I use SX 07 color, light warm with a yellow undertone.

Sensual skin enhancer is an amazing product, it's very pigmented, a little goes a long way, there's a learning curve but once you get the hang of it (and find your shade match), there are very few foundations that are better or more versatile. I will say that this won't work if you have deeply wrinkled or rough textured skin, this might amplify the rough patches. Prep work is important, make sure your skin is exfoliated and well-moisturized, using a primer isn't necessary if you moisturize well.

For application, I do my normal am skin care routine (cleanse, tone, moisturize and sunscreen). Because this is a wax-based product, I like to mix it in the palm of my hand with my fingers. I put a rice-sized drop of the skin enhancer in my palm, let it warm up, and add two drops of oil (I like rose hip), mix the foundation/oil mixture together (again, fingers are your friends) and smooth over my skin until all areas are covered to my liking.
Many on MUA like to mix with a brush, but again, this is a wax based product which will melt slightly with the warmth of your hand/fingers, I get a much more natural look using this technique, which I prefer, and it takes far less time. At 50, I prefer a tinted moisturizer/natural look, I rarely go back in and do spot touch-ups

This product is good for a multitude of purposes, dramatic high coverage, tinted moisturizer, regular foundation, as a concealer.

The price seems high compared to the size of the pot, but it's really not, one pot lasted me over two years! The pot holds so much product and it so highly pigmented that this isn't something you go through in a couple months.

Another genius product from Kevyn Aucoin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow! Perfect colour match! Sx05 is the most perfect colour match I've ever had in any foundation. It doesn't mix well with my moisturizer so I mix it with Revlon primer (the pink one in the pump bottle). It's the most skin-like finish I've ever found and it's comfortable to wear. I also use it undiluted as a concealer around my eyes and on stubborn redness. It is expensive but it's very concentrated so it should last a long time. I'm very impressed with this product.

on 2/6/2017 6:11:00 PM

This is a product that takes experimentation so if you know that going in, you probably won't be disappointed. After trying several different methods of application I finally hit upon what works for me: I use a concealer brush to apply a small amount under my eyes, around my nose, and on a discoloration I have on the side of my face. Then I use a dry Beauty Blender to press it into my skin. I pat, a lot. The result is flawless skin with no foundation. Depending on my plans, I use Laura Mercier powder, otherwise, I just go on to blush and mascara and I'm done. It's also vital to have a good match or you're wasting your time. I tried two different shades before having a rep at a high end makeup store pick out the perfect match for me (a shade I would not have picked on my own!). The amount in the package will last for years, I'm sure so the price is fine.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is HG for me. I wear sx08 and am an NC 25-30 at MAC. I have really good skin, but it's incredibly dry and I think that's why this product works so well for me. I mix an almost rice grain sized dot with a drop or two of argan or jojoba oil, it blends perfectly and has a lot of slip this way, then I smear it around my face and blend with a damp BB. It truly looks like skin, but covers redness/rosacea, uneven skin tone and blemishes without looking like you dipped your face in a vat of foundation.
I love it for my under eyes, I do the same as I do for my face but use less oil, the oil stops it from creasing and moisturizes my super dry super dark circles,
If you are oily skinned, don't exfoliate regularly, and don't have time to play around with this to get the learning curve then I would suggest you pass.
Love it! Color matching is difficult, but I bought samples, and honestly the amount I got in the sample pots will last me at least a month or two.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay, so I don't mean to ruin this for anybody because I'm still on the fence: So I ordered this from Sephora in color 07, thinking I could use it a little lighter to add coverage to my darker foundation. The color did not match, and I think led to part of the reason why I don't love it. I tried it mixed with my foundation, and had success at some points, but found my foundation to look a little dry. So then I mixed it with my Korres moisturizer, but it was too pale and not a ton of coverage overall, like barely a tinted moisturizer. I also bought the Boots Botanics facial oil to try this with and it was just too pale and dry looking, really cakey and not luxurious. - Honestly, I tried to work with this and I KNOW it's tough until you get it, but I don't have the patience to figure out how to use this at all. I think I'm going to order it again in the color 10, and hopefully that helps. But honestly: I really wanted to love this and I do love Kevyn Aucoin, but this just wasn't for me right now. I got a sample of the cover fx drops instead, so we'll see how those go.

on 10/16/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After using this for an entire year I am finally writing a review!

Sensual skin enhancer is amazing, it finally allowed me to cover my imperfections with out having to also use layer upon layer of foundation (I have acne and hyper pigmentation). This has honestly been life changing, I can't emphasise how much. I used to spend over an hour doing my make up on a morning because my skin looked so disgusting i felt like i need to compensate by putting loads of eye make up on and lipstick and the full face just everyday. Since beginning to use and working with it, it has truly changed my daily routine (I can get ready in 5 minutes!!).

For application I would say using a concealer brush is best, you need a tiny amount (when i mean tiny I mean like a tiny dot this stuff covers like crazy). Then just blend blend blend, this blends seamlessly into your own skin. I've tried using a beauty blender however felt as if this shifted the product a tad. Also this is not really that suitable for undereyes as it can look cakey, however mixed with a moisturiser it may work in doing that.

Whilst the price seems crazily high it's really not, one pot lasted me over a year! The pot holds so much product and it so highly pigmented that this isn't something you go through in a couple months.

I honestly can't thank Kevyn Aucoin enough, this product has just made my life so much easier. Now onto my second pot!

(I am also mac NC42 and i got this sx11)