Sugarpill Trinket Liquid Lipstick

Sugarpill Trinket Liquid Lipstick

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

On me, Trinket looks almost nothing like the mauve you see in pictures, which is what seduced me. It looks mauve in low light, but mostly appears as a medium terracotta brownish nude that's frankly a lot more, well, brown than I usually like my lip colors. The part about pressing your lips together to reveal the heavy wash of tiny gold glitter works as advertised, though, and I like it more that way. I'll keep Trinket around as a way to experiment with a deeper, more earthy nude lip, but I'm disappointed. I get compliments every time I wear it, though.

The formula is this nifty, super lightweight mousse that I've never experienced with any other liquid lipcolor. I only need a tiny amount to cover all of my lips; in fact, too much product applied pills and crumbles off (wherein it lands on my chin and smudges). It's a wand wiper, and one tube will last me for the rest of my life! I've found that Trinket needs to be applied onto completely clean, dry lips, as even a hint of moisture will somehow cause it to dry out my lips, but, once it's on, it's quite comfortable. It's not a long lasting lipcolor; it comes off on my straw, e-cigarette, or whatever else touches my lips. It wears off evenly, however. The teardrop shaped doe foot applicator tip requires some care in using; the first couple of times, I was applying with the wider part and ended up going over the lip line. The orange creamsicle scent is subtle and disappears quickly.

It remains to be seen whether I'd buy Trinket again, but it has potential.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Trinket is a dusty pink mauve with golden shimmer. It looks a little darker on me than it does in the promo pictures, but it still pulls pink. The golden shimmer shows up once the liquid has dried down and you press your lips together or rub them with a finger. If you bought Kim Chi and were disappointed at the glitter in it (I found that it had almost no glitter at all), you will like Trinket as it is much more noticeable and catches the light.

This was Sugarpill's first liquid lipstick, and I think it is still their best in terms of formula. It dries down quickly, doesn't smear or bleed, is matte without making your lips look wrinkly, and it is very comfortable. It almost feels like a regular lipstick without the slippery feeling. The other Sugarpill LLs feel more drying. It lasts a good amount of time, even through eating oily food so long as you are careful, and it doesn't wear away on the inner rim of the lips. The glitter can migrate a little to the outer line of the lips, but it's not obvious and I only see it when I look in my magnified compact mirror.

It has a nice creamsicle scent that dies down once applied. I do not have a sensitive nose or skin so I cannot comment on potential irritation regarding the scent or the formula.

The applicator is nice - it is very similar to the Makeup Monsters applicator. it is doe foot style with a small dip in the middle of the foot that can hold a tiny pool of product (so you don't need to dip it back into the tube to get enough). It doesn't fray and you can get a crisp line with it. It is a standard size.

My only complaint about the packaging is that the logo on the tube wears away very quickly. I cover mine with clear nail polish to keep it looking new.

Overall I really adore this liquid lipstick. It's probably my favourite one of all the LLs I own.