Revlon Youth fx

Revlon Youth fx

2.4

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 4.3, Zinc Oxide 2.8) -------------------- Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Boron Nitride, Tribehenin, Stearyl Caprylate, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Sea Salt, Tocopherol, Niacinamide, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Carrageenan, Saccharide Isomerate, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Alumina, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol

on 8/30/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a whim, when I found myself in a CVS killing time waiting for a dentist appointment. I bought with no prior research, which is good, because the reviews here on MUA are not favorable.

I like the shade range, it works for me. I have a fairly neutral skin tone, which sounds like it would make it easy to find foundation, but it can sometimes be quite the opposite.

I bought it in two different colors, 240 medium beige, and 400 caramel (to use to mix into some of the 240 as a bronzer.)

It does give me a luminous glow, does not accentuate lines, may actually diminish them. It lasts at least 8 hours without fading, probably more, doesn't smear around, and just looks good!

I've been wearing it over just Biore sunscreen or Dior Dream Skin Capture Totale (ridiculously priced primer that works extremely well for me).

This does last the best when worn in conjunction with the dior primer. I've not tried the primer by Revlon in this same line.

Applying using fingers works okay, using a silicone gel sponge (the slick kind ) does a fantastic job! I put a dab of the lighter shade on the sponge, and a dot of the darker on top of that and blend directly onto my face. Super easy way to get the color I want, and it looks beautiful.

I have dry mature skin.

This foundation is a win for me.

There appear to be some very negative reviews for this foundation but I actually love it. I am middle aged and perhaps more at the age this foundation is marketed for. I have a normal to dry skin that is ageing. I have a few fine lines and the like. I really like the texture and blurring effect that this foundation creates.
This foundation gives me a medium and more natural coverage but definitely a more flawless finish. For me, I find it is best applied with your fingers. I think the use of fingers (rather than brushes and sponges) help the gel-like texture of this foundation to warm up, be spread across the face and adhere to the skin better. I use the shade Nude (200) all over my face; and then use the shade Ivory (110) as an under eye concealer (Note: The Youth FX concealer which is also available does not have a shade that is light or cool enough for me so the Ivory foundation is perfect as a wonderful under eye alternative). As I have a fair cool toned skin these two foundation shades are both perfect for me. The shades do not oxidise either.
I have found that I prefer to use this foundation WITHOUT the associated Youth FX filler primers in the same range. The addition of these filler primers just seemed to create overkill and didn't make the foundation work as well. Using this foundation just over my own moisturisers/sunblock gives me a much better effect and added length of wear too. I also use Urban Decay's Ultra Definition Powder Foundation as a very final setting powder (in the shade Fair Cool) lightly dusted over the top. With this approach, the wear of this foundation lasts me around 10-12 hours. My skin looks more flawless and radiant with this Revlon Youth FX foundation with less obvious line issues. It does not easily crease like some other foundations do, even in my under eye area - that is very impressive indeed. The packaging is excellent too with a lightweight, easy to store and take on the go tube.
I do hope that people give this new Revlon Youth FX foundation a chance and don't just listen to only the negative reviews. I have already made multiple purchases of this foundation and think it is wonderful.

on 8/9/2017 11:05:00 AM

This applies more like a primer or BB/CC cream. I have large pores and it does help blur them because it is thick but easy to blend.
I'm still experimenting with the colors but find that Nude was a pretty good choice for light -medium skin. This might be best for oily skin--too drying for dry skin.

on 8/18/2017 5:01:00 AM

I actually love this product.
It definitely seems to be a hit or miss for people.
I think it's better than shisedo age defying makeup which is trice the price.

on 8/4/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really terrible product. I am not usually inclined to leave reviews, but as a service to my fellow makeup users I am writing this one. I liked the consistency of the foundation, the packaging, and that it has SPF but otherwise this stuff is horrible. I am 34 and have pretty good, albeit somewhat dry, skin. This immediately settled into every pore and line on my face and I looked do dried out. It actually made me look older, the exact opposite of what it's intended to do! I went into the bathroom at work and wiped it off with a damp paper towel. Nothing at all is better than this stuff. Yuck.

Wth Revlon, how do you even justify this crap? For starters, it doesn't blend at all, I don't even have wrinkles, but this stuff found some and it sits right in them. After 2 hours its separated you cant touch it up because it just CAKES. Total garbage, save your money.

on 8/2/2017 2:56:00 PM

I really like this foundation. The trick is to use not very much and apply with your fingers. It looks very natural and definitely blurs lines and pores. Your skin looks so good with this on. Definitely a winner!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of the foundations I have recently tried in my search for a new go-to HG foundation. When I purchased it there were literally no reviews on it anywhere because it had just hit stores so I knew I was taking a pretty big gamble, especially considering it's price tag. I believe I paid about $17 for it....ay yi yi. That kind of makes me feel ill.
First off the shade selection was minimal. I kept trying to decide between two shades and ended up choosing 150 Buff, even though I've never bought anything that says Buff in my entire life. The shade down was so pale I would have looked like a ghost and a shade up was too warm.
This foundation is a heavy thick cream consistency that does not blend into your skin. I've used a beauty blender, a brush, my fingers....nothing gets this stuff to sink into your skin, it just sits on top in a heavy heavy way.
The shade I chose was distinctively too yellow and made me look sick, but I continued on trying to blend it in to see what I was in fact dealing with and trying to give it a shot. After a lot of struggle I got it to look somewhat even.
It does NOT blur anything and it actually creases like crazy. It actually made me look older on every level, I'm 34. It is sooo heavy and it feels heavy on your skin. The coverage is patchy at best. It feels tacky and oily and never really set. I couldn't bear to powder cuz it already looked so heavy, but I did anyway because there was no other option to get it to set.
About an hour in it had pooled into my pores, slid into every crease that exists on my face and overall it was a hot mess.
This foundation is a huge fail on every level and is definitely not worth its price tag.
It doesn't do what it claims it does and actually does the opposite.
I wouldn't go near it if I were you. Revlon needs to discontinue this and quick. I don't even know how this got released, tbh. I've used a loooot of bad foundations but this one really takes the cake.

on 7/28/2017 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really disappointed with this.
Brought me out in a few spots.
Looked like I had a mask on.
Settled in to lines.

All the hype and not worth it.

on 7/25/2017 6:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I purchased this on a whim and boy do I regret it. This foundation is a thick mouse like cream in a tube. It is easy to squeeze out from the tube. The packaging is one of the few things I like about this foundation. I bought the shade Buff 120 which I can just about get away with despite it making me look a little grey. Nothing a bit of bronzer couldn't fix. It applies and blends easily enough and it feels light weight on your skin. The finish is a healthy natural finish with almost medium coverage. I found that it did seem to blur pores and fine lines and initially looked nice on my skin. This is where the pros end. I found that it never really set around my nose even with powder and it transferred even with the lightest touch. Within a couple of hours my nose and for head looked greasy even with a mattifying primer underneath. After four hours my cheeks looked greasy and after eight hours the foundation had pretty much vanished. This foundation might suit more mature drier skin then mine, but for me it was not meant to be.