Alima Pure Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant Complex

Alima Pure Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant Complex

2.0

Not tested on animals

on 12/15/2017 8:17:00 PM

I waited so long for Alima to make a product like this, so I could carry it around for touch-ups. I was shocked when it finally arrived and I realized it was scented with essential oils. I did use it for awhile. It didn't cause problems; but the fragrance was ultimately a deal breaker for me. I just don't like it. It reminds me of a lavender-calendula diaper cream I used to use on the kids.

I've used Alima Pure's Satin Matte foundation for years, and it has been great. For awhile, I carried Laura Mercier's pressed mineral powder in my bag for touch-ups, but lately my go-to has been Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Powder, which has SPF 30.

on 6/17/2017 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

EDIT 10/15/2017: My love affair with this all-natural foundation has come to an abrupt end and here is why:
1. After using 4 months, my skin has become drier, more sensitive and prone to redness.
2. No SPF. Does not set well with my moisturizer and sunscreen.
3. Made with Alima's "proprietary" blend of essential oils --- some good, some not so good (limonene, orange seed, lavendula) are known skin irritants.
4. Not a good value. I am on my second compact refill within 4 months.
5. No contact phone number to speak with a live representative on the Alima website other than email.

Original review: I've transitioned to natural and "pure" cosmetics as I deplete department store cosmetic brands I've used for years. I purchased the Alima Pure Pressed Foundation in "Dune" for fair skin with pink undertones. The color leans more neutral than cool and is slightly dark for my medium light skin but blends without being obvious. There is a beautiful lighter shade for cool undertones, Macadamia, that would have been the optimal match.

After using two weeks, my skin tone is even and texture seems smoother. I'm fairly active and this foundation wears for approximately 5-6 hours before a fade. It is a matte finish but does not look cakey and provides light to medium coverage. I believe this would be an excellent foundation for those with slightly oily or normal skin. For reference, I have mature, dry skin so as a first step, I moisturize liberally, apply sunscreen, then this foundation. Moisturizing would be key for this to work on dry skin. I stipple or lightly swipe across my face and lids with the round sponge that comes with it. This powder does not accentuate pores, or settle into fine lines and is "lightly" buildable.

For those looking to transition to the natural or pure cosmetics and like powder foundations, this is a winner! Price point is expensive $34, but worth it to me.