StriVectin Max Volume Bodifying Radiance Serum

3.0

1 review

I have thin, 2C curly hair and I like the *idea* of adding volume, but I do not like styling my hair. I always air dry, and I never use more than 2 products. The texture of this formula is very liquid-y. Instructions say to use 1-2 pumps, and I used 2. I applied this product to wet hair by bending at the waist and scrunching it into the underside of my hair, focusing on my scalp. I then tied my hair into a t-shirt plop and slept on it.

The short answer is that this product is effective. I had visible added volume to my normally thin hair. Other volumizing products have a tendency to make my hair silhouette triangular, but this created lift at the roots (which is the dream). It was almost too much to manage, actually, and some of my curls that originate near the crown of my head were practically cowlicks.

In addition to volume, this serum is supposed to add "radiant shine". That's where it fails for me. Despite how thin the formula is, like most shine products it left me very greasy. And because of my curly frizz, it's hard to say how effective the shine is. All in all, I don't think I'll repurchase, and this definitely won't become an every day product. But I'll be using it occasionally when my hair really needs a literal boost.