L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara
Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof Mascara

3.4

I am a HUGE fan of this mascara! Bold long lashes that are full AND it holds a curl very well. I get so many compliments when I wear this mascara. The only downside is that it is difficult to remove... My regular eye makeup remover doesn't work well on this so I have switched to either olive oil or coconut oil to remove - works like a charm!

on 10/10/2018 6:13:00 AM

I am in my mid-40s, Asian with sparse, straight lashes, skin type: normal-dry but I swear I have the oiliest eyelids in the world! No amount of eyeshadow primer or whatever long-lasting/foolproof mascara or eyeliner would last more than 2 hours on me. (I have to do a smokey eye for parties just so I can cover the smudges later on.) Well, that is...until Lash Paradise Waterproof. OMG HG!!! I have worn mascara everyday this week (a first!) with no smudges and my lashes stay curled all day! Price is so affordable too. Highly HIGHLY recommended!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this with high hopes hoping it would do better than its competitor Too Faced BTS waterproof mascara and honestly I found Lash Paradise waterproof mascara a good dupe but not my HG. BTS ups this just by a small notch in that LP is a tad dry and does not give as much volume as I was expecting. But what does make this a great mascara for me is that the price is affordable, it didn’t flake, held the curl well and definitely was waterproof. The brush is similar to BTS and applied well, except it was hard to apply on the corners but it did its job. I like both of these mascaras and to me there’s no competition but LP is definitely the cheaper alternative.

on 9/7/2018 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I waited a year to buy this because Vietnam gets all the releases later than USA does, lol. When it finally was in the shops I was like, "yes!!!!" I'm Asian - I love me a good waterproof mascara. I NEED an eyelash curler and waterproof mascara to properly wear mascara, otherwise it's a waste of money.

First off, the packaging. So sleek and pretty. I love how substantial and heavy it feels in my hands even though its made of plastic. When I close it, I know it won't dry out. No complaints here.

Second, the formula. So voluminous!!! I get so much length and volume from this mascara without fibers like most Japanese mascara formulations are prone to include. I loved how sky-high my lashes looked and how open my eyes looked. It didn't smudge even on a hot and humid day of teaching public school in tropical Vietnam. (Usually, the classrooms have 35+ children with no air conditioner, just fans, in 30 C tropical weather.) It holds my curl which is SO important to me as my eyelashes are super straight.

HOWEVER, it's not perfect. There is a tiny bit of flaking at the end of the day that may be somewhat irritating to contact wearers (like me). When I cried with this mascara on, most of it disappeared - which is baffling as I thought it was supposed to be waterproof.

In conclusion: I love the look of this mascara, but its performance prevents it from becoming my HG. However, yes I would repurchase as it is a GREAT drugstore mascara that is heads and shoulders above most offerings around this price range.

Mascaras I like, for comparison: Heroine Kiss Me mascara, Urban Decay's Cannonball, Maybelline's Full n Soft Waterproof

I recently bought this after reading reviews and listening to the hype online. I have naturally long, curled, but very blonde lashes. Mascara's don't have to do much to wow me. They have to add fullness, deposit color, and not run. This one was average. I thought it did not do much to make my lashes stand out and that is not really hard to do. Staying power was average. It is waterproof but it does not manage to be completely waterproof. it doesn't irritate my eyes like some other formulas do so that is a plus. It does work a little better with primer (I like Lancome's). I'm not really fond of the shape of the brush and to be honest I would just like to see the classic brushes (like my Kevin Aucoin Curling Mascara) popular again instead of the super big, small, wide, rubber, or Better Than Sex groove shape. It is probably one of the better drugstore mascaras but I like my Almay tubing mascara in the orange package better.

Purchased this product after hearing all the good reviews. I have Itty bitty lashes from several months use of individual eyelash extensions so I need really good mascara to not only hold a curl but lengthen and thicken them. This does all of that for me. I will update my review after wearing for a full day. It has a nice wet to dry consistency and to those who say it's clumpy may not be using it properly. With all mascaras you should wipe them on your hand or something else to get the excess off. Sounds wasteful but that's how you get the look advertised. I took photos with one layer, two layers, then both eyes.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this for the volume & length it provides, even with just one coat. Prob. the best mascara I've ever used in terms of length & volume, I mean you can get some seriously fake-eyelash-looking results (in a good way) if you use a couple coats. Yes, the brush is a bit big and wonky, but the actual design of it is awesome and that's what helps create the length and volume. They just need to make it a bit smaller/thinner. I am not a fan of lashes that stick together, I like each lash to be separate, so I use a long safety pin to separate them after applying the mascara. This stuff dries pretty quickly so you have to work fast.
It does a great job of holding curl all throughout the day, NO flaking at all, and very little smudging under the eye. It stays kind of sticky on your lashes after drying, so if you use a couple of coats your lashes may end up sticking together towards the end of the day. I try not to use too much and never touch my lashes during the day. I wear contacts and it does not bother my eyes in the least.
Yes, it is a bit more difficult to remove than some other waterproof mascaras, but that can be a good thing in some situations. I do not use makeup remover and I'm still able to get most all of it off after washing my face twice, which I do anyway.
Biggest issue I have is that it's not "aging" well. When the product was brand new I really didn't have an issue with clumping or mess because it was a nice consistency and applied easily. However, after using for about 3 weeks I notice the product is drying out and getting a lot clumpier and messier, and much more difficult to apply. It's taking me a lot longer to get a good application, and I hate spending a lot of time messing with my makeup. I can tell I will have to toss this tube in another couple of weeks, well before the actual product is actually used up, and purchase another fresh tube. However, if I can get this on sale I can justify replacing more often.
EDIT 7/20/18- Well, after another week or so this mascara has become pretty much unusable to me, even though I've only used prob not even half of it. It is now so thick and gunky that when I apply it my lashes all stick together and are full of clumps. It's so "sticky" on my lashes now that I cant even separate them with a safety pin, and forget trying to remove the clumps it's just not possible. I have to move this to my "won't buy again" list unfortunately. What a disappointment. Back to Covergirl Clump Crusher I go.

on 6/28/2018 12:41:00 PM

I have very oily eyelids and this mascara works all day - no smudge. Yes, it hard to remove, but my eyelashes look very good all day.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this mascara, my new favourite.

For reference I also love: Maybelline Lash Sensational WP + Too Faced BTS WP, however I think this exceeds both.

Gives you long fluttery separated lashes.

This would be perfect--PERFECT--if it didn't dry out within a couple of weeks. I love it but feel it's wasteful to have to purchase every 2-3 weeks. Beautiful effect and comfortable to wear.