L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof

3.5

L'Oreal just knows mascara. They are even better at mascara than high end brands. This is a better dupe (to me) than Too Faced's Better than Sex mascara. It makes your lashes look thicker and longer without clumping. This is just a really good mascara. The only thing is that it is a BIATCH to get off. The regular formula is much easier but I wear contacts so I always try to get the waterproof because well, contacts and watery eyes. It is what it is. But a good eye make up remover specific for waterproof mascara helps tremendously.

I will say that this dries out quickly. That is one bad point to this mascara. I wish they could resolve that issue.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Normally I love L'oreal mascaras. I did not love this one, however. The only positive thing I can say about it that the price is low. It flaked horribly and applying it was a nightmare. The formula was thick and clumpy and when I put it on it made my lashes thick and clumpy. I looked like I had 4 eyelashes on each lid after I put it on. I tried warming it up before applying it and that didn't help at all. In my opinion L'oreal dropped the ball on this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Another good, but not great, L'Oreal mascara. Lash Paradise really does both lengthen and volumize for me, but it's a wand wiper, and it clumps a bit at the tips of my lashes. Still, the brush is easy to use (unlike a lot of "novelty" mascara brushes), and the end effect is pretty - you'd have to get up close to notice the tiny clumps. I like to apply to both eyes, then wipe the brush really well (again...), and use it to comb through and fluff up my lashes.

As to the waterproof aspect: It holds up to crying pretty well, with only a slight darkening under my eyes. It removes easily with micellar water, and doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy afterwards.

The best mascara I've ever used is NYX Doll Eye Volume Extreme. I should really stop fooling around with other mascaras and get myself a new tube of that.

on 2/2/2018 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just tried this today and WOAH! Loved it! What a difference in length!

on 1/5/2018 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

For me being a "mascara ho" I had to try this out to see if everything I have seen on youtube, and online was real, for me sadly it was not "all that". The price is all well and good but the formula is extremely dry and unforgiving (for me anyway). I tried to layer this formula on my lashes (what's left of them, LOL) and my mascara wand got stuck and would not pull through. This ended up clumpy on my lashes which I needed to grab a toothpick to separate my lashes, which in turn made them look shortened, not keep a curl and not have the built up body I am used to with my Chanel mascara. I am not afraid of a good mascara no matter who makes it! I so wanted this to be an "HG" for me, that meant that my pocketbook would have saved lots of money.........but this was unfortunately not to be. :-( I guess the older we get the more we need a flexible mascara that can make our "old" lashes look like we are wearing falsies too, without wearing them. LOL. I like a mascara that will not feel crunchy on my lashes, that can hold a curl, that can make my eyes pop, that does not flake or run late in the day, that is easy to remove when I want all my makeup off after a long day or a long week. I love a great colored mascara that can be used on top of mine to make the color of my eyes scream "HELLLLOOOOO" without giving up the things I have already achieved with the normal mascara I use. I will continue my search. :-) Onward!

This mascara makes my eyelashes look amazing, huge, thick, curly (they are naturally really curly). It is definitely waterproof, even after exercise and a shower I have amazing eyelashes. The only TERRIBLE problem is that it smudges a lot and, because it's waterproof, I cannot remove the smudge just with my finger, so I end up having raccoon eyes all day.

on 12/10/2017 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm probably on my fifth tube of this mascara, & as particular as I am about mascaras, this is downright shocking.

I have large eyes & average lashes. I say average bc I understand some people have next to no lashes, and that is not me. They are there. But with the size of my eyes, I feel like nature should've given me bigger lashes? Don't bigger eyes need more protection against dirt & dust or whatever? I'd say they are longer than they are thick, but they are still not super long & are very thin. My eyes look straight up weird without mascara. Like something's lacking. Any gals out there with large eyes & wimpy lashes understand this struggle.

I am so picky about mascara. Mascara, for me, must lengthen, thicken, darken, separate, hold a curl, & in a perfect world, allow me to apply multiple layers until I achieve the look I desire while still keeping its promises.

Price doesn't matter to me when it comes to mascara. I am looking for effectiveness. I have bought many (very) expensive mascaras that have left me disappointed. I will try cheap mascaras bc I do not believe more expensive = more effective. For so many products, this is not always the case.

Some of my most-used mascaras have been cheap. Covergirl's Lashblast The Super Sizer in both regular & waterproof formulas was a surprising success, & is one of only two mascaras I would be using if I hadn't discovered Lash Paradise. Regular Super Sizer is actually my favorite non-waterproof mascara, ever.

The other mascara I would be using if not for Lash Paradise is, you guessed it, Better Than Sex.

Better Than Sex. The mascara to which people have been comparing Lash Paradise.

Do they compare? If you like gorgeous, fat, long lashes, yes. I like BTS in the waterproof formula bc it holds a curl & stretches my lashes better than the non-waterproof. But guess what. Lash Paradise does it even better, for me.

I prefer Lash Paradise in the waterproof formula, as well. Waterproof mascaras just hold the curl better. They last longer. BTS & LP waterproof both remove easily with coconut oil or Garnier Micellar Water (the blue one). Covergirl's Super Sizer in waterproof gives beautiful results, but is a right pain in the arse to remove. Lost lashes... the horror!

Speaking of lost lashes, I have a bad habit of picking at my lashes. Always have. So occasionally, I pull one or two or three out. Oops. You know what's also great about both BTS & LP? They make it look like I haven't lost a single lash, even when I actually have a gap (!!!) of missing lashes. Thick, full, long, multiplied. Magical mascaras.

I still buy waterproof BTS, but I don't use it as often. BTS can be finicky sometimes, & dries out faster than LP.
I do use fewer coats with BTS, but I like the way my lashes look so much more with LP.

Please. Get yourself some Lash Paradise. Specifically the waterproof formula. It's easy to remove with the products I listed above. Give yourself the gift of amazing lashes.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am a huge fan of loreal mascaras. This is amazing it separates, lengthens and adds volume. I get the blackest black. The wand is a little different, but its nothing I couldn't get used to. I think its holy grail yall.

on 11/12/2017 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this one after all the great reviews on it. I love the pretty pink and gold packaging but I hate the wand. Perhaps its' because I've bee using the L'Oreal Volumous Butterfly which has a rubber applicator wand as opposed to this spiral brush. In any case, I compared one sweep to on each eye and I definitely saw a difference in thickness and length. It didn't seem to transfer after wearing it for 12 hours. I use the Almay oily makeup remover for all waterproof mascara's with no problems. I really enjoy this one!

on 11/9/2017 12:41:00 PM

I loved this mascara at the beginning. No smudging (everything turns me into a racoon!), good volume and definition, not too clumpy, not horribly hard to remove for a waterproof mascara. But it has not aged gracefully. A month later, it is thickened up too much, ends up clumpy and is harder to remove. The search continues...