L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof

3.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this for the volume & length it provides, even with just one coat. Prob. the best mascara I've ever used in terms of length & volume, I mean you can get some seriously fake-eyelash-looking results (in a good way) if you use a couple coats. Yes, the brush is a bit big and wonky, but the actual design of it is awesome and that's what helps create the length and volume. They just need to make it a bit smaller/thinner. I am not a fan of lashes that stick together, I like each lash to be separate, so I use a long safety pin to separate them after applying the mascara. This stuff dries pretty quickly so you have to work fast.
It does a great job of holding curl all throughout the day, NO flaking at all, and very little smudging under the eye. It stays kind of sticky on your lashes after drying, so if you use a couple of coats your lashes may end up sticking together towards the end of the day. I try not to use too much and never touch my lashes during the day. I wear contacts and it does not bother my eyes in the least.
Yes, it is a bit more difficult to remove than some other waterproof mascaras, but that can be a good thing in some situations. I do not use makeup remover and I'm still able to get most all of it off after washing my face twice, which I do anyway.
Biggest issue I have is that it's not "aging" well. When the product was brand new I really didn't have an issue with clumping or mess because it was a nice consistency and applied easily. However, after using for about 3 weeks I notice the product is drying out and getting a lot clumpier and messier, and much more difficult to apply. It's taking me a lot longer to get a good application, and I hate spending a lot of time messing with my makeup. I can tell I will have to toss this tube in another couple of weeks, well before the actual product is actually used up, and purchase another fresh tube. At full price of $10 per tube buying a new one every month would be a deal breaker for me, as I don't usually use more than one mascara every few months. However, considering I buy at CVS and they always have awesome sales and coupons, I can justify getting this on sale and replacing more often. For me, the pros far outweigh the cons and I would highly recommend this to anyone.

on 6/28/2018 12:41:00 PM

I have very oily eyelids and this mascara works all day - no smudge. Yes, it hard to remove, but my eyelashes look very good all day.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this mascara, my new favourite.

For reference I also love: Maybelline Lash Sensational WP + Too Faced BTS WP, however I think this exceeds both.

Gives you long fluttery separated lashes.

This would be perfect--PERFECT--if it didn't dry out within a couple of weeks. I love it but feel it's wasteful to have to purchase every 2-3 weeks. Beautiful effect and comfortable to wear.

on 6/8/2018 10:45:00 AM

This mascara is very hyped over and it does do a great job volumizing the lashes and giving them length. So why did I rate it so low. It is super hard to remove .. I used different water resistant makeup removers and they don't work almost. I don't like to keep mascara on my lashes because this weakens them and they start falling. I liked the Maybelline total temptation soooooo much as it is washable and gives beautiful finish to my lashes but it has a funny strong scent and somehow irritates my eyes when using it for while. I still own it and like it. But waiting to figure out if it did cause the irritation or maybe the eyeshadow palette I was using from elf?! Will update my review accordingly. Hope you found my review helpful. If so، please hit the helpful button so I know. Thanks so much for reading.

on 6/8/2018 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely waterproof but I didn't like the application, clumps or what it did to my lashes.

This is a good drugstore mascara but definitely over hyped. It certainly lengthens but I am personally not a fan of how clumpy it is and how much it flakes off. I have used better mascaras. It’s a nice affordable option if you want the illusion of long eyelashes but I can’t guarantee it won’t flake off by the end of the day!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love my YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Waterproof Mascara. I have sworn this for years!!! Always test other brands and always disappointed. I was truly shocked by lash paradise. Make sure to get the waterproof formula. Original it not as good.

Pro:

1. Price is so cheap compared to YSL
2. Volume max of my lashes
3. Keeps my lashes curled all day
4. Black is black
5. No flaking.
6. Minimal transfer

Con:
1. The wand compared to YSL is thicker so need to be careful not to get it all over lid. Harder to do lower lashes.
2. Wand also shorter so need to do upper lashes in two sections.
3. Does appear to fade on my lower lashes
4. Sometimes clumping, just be mindful not to get carried away.
5. Compared to YSL, need to add addition coat.

Still I am impressed!!! I will buy again and want to try loreal superstar fiber mascara next. Heard that is more amazing.

Update 1/31/18: this will make your lashes clump, but I figured out a way to not get clumpy lashes. When you pull out the wand there is too much product for the fat and short wand. Scrape excess product into container. I have small eyes, so this will get all over my upper lid when I swipe the wand up. Do not apply this way, hold hand still on lashes and blink to apply the product. Works great!

on 5/26/2018 10:23:00 PM

Boosts volume but is clumpy as all hell. Gets everywhere trying to apply as the brush is so large and doesn't lengthen lashes all that much. Wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It results in a beautifully, perfect, dramatic effect.