L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof

3.4

on 11/12/2017 4:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this one after all the great reviews on it. I love the pretty pink and gold packaging but I hate the wand. Perhaps its' because I've bee using the L'Oreal Volumous Butterfly which has a rubber applicator wand as opposed to this spiral brush. In any case, I compared one sweep to on each eye and I definitely saw a difference in thickness and length. It didn't seem to transfer after wearing it for 12 hours. I use the Almay oily makeup remover for all waterproof mascara's with no problems. I really enjoy this one!

on 11/9/2017 12:41:00 PM

I loved this mascara at the beginning. No smudging (everything turns me into a racoon!), good volume and definition, not too clumpy, not horribly hard to remove for a waterproof mascara. But it has not aged gracefully. A month later, it is thickened up too much, ends up clumpy and is harder to remove. The search continues...

on 9/13/2017 6:20:00 PM

i found this to be a pretty solid waterproof mascara. i work 12 hour shift and found that it holds my curl, doesn't smudge, doesn't flake, doesn't clump, and doesn't irritate my eyes. it gives me definition, some length, and some volume. my only (but big) gripe with this is that it is hard to remove. i use the garnier blue cap dual phase micellar water which takes off other waterproof mascaras easily. with this one, i do have to hold a cotton round saturated in product over each eye for 15-25 seconds each and wipe multiple times before all of the mascara is gone. also, when i first started using this mascara, i would lose a 1-2 lashes per eye during removal; however, lately, i haven't been losing as many. overall, it is a decent mascara but there are others i prefer over it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

At the first few tries with this, I really did not like this. Maybe it was too wet for me. I've liked it better a couple weeks. I like to have defined, separated lashes, but still very natural. This mascara was a bit clumpy and wet for my liking. It's okay but definitely not worth the YT hype. i really like the pretty rose gold packaging but performance is not worth a repurchase. My favorite mascara is natural defined lashes is Cover Girl Full Lash Bloom.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This is the first L'Oréal mascara I have tried that I actually like. It doesn't give as much volume as I'd like, but it does make my lashes fluttery looking and somewhat keeps my curl (they naturally point down, and although it doesn't hold them up like when I first curl them, it does keep them from drooping down). I'm just surprised at how natural looking it makes my lashes. Like, my lashes but better. I'd rather have a false lash effect, but this is good for those "natural" days.

on 9/13/2017 5:45:00 PM

I was very excited to try the Lash Paradise in waterproof, after ALL the rave reviews on youtube. I have tried a ton of mascaras for my thin, point-straight-down, stubborn little lashes, and I have always mentioned that I have to use waterproof formulas, and only the ones where water is not the first ingredient, because otherwise my lashes will lose curl and droop down into my eyes, making me look like I have no lashes.

Here are my pros and cons for this mascara:
PROS: voluminizing, holds curl, packaging is not embarrassing
CONS: flakes, too clumpy, too goopy, overly difficult to remove, made my lashes fall out (at least 1-2 at AM and at PM)

At first, I thought I liked this mascara, even though I did have flakes under my eyes at the end of every day. I switched to this mascara after I threw out my Mabeline Lash Sensational in waterproof because I was losing several lashes a day wearing it. I am very careful about curling, washing, touching my lashes to avoid losing them. After about 3-4 weeks with the Lash Paradise in waterproof, I realized I was still losing lashes (even if at a slower rate than the Lash Sensational). And I wasn't that crazy about the way this mascara performed. It clumps all my lashes together so that I have to go back in with a clean spoolie, multiple times, and then too much gets removed (because they are all stuck together). This all takes a lot of time, and I don't even like how it looks at the end. I also don't like how stiff my lashes feel. Removing it is almost as difficult as removing the Maybelline Lash Sensational in waterproof. As I said in reviewing other waterproof mascaras, I have no problems removing waterproof formulas because I use duo-phase eye makeup removers like Lancome Bi-Facil or the Garnier Micellar for waterproof makeup or Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. You just soak the solution into a cotton pad and hold it to your eye for 30-60 seconds without rubbing. If you move that cotton pad around, be very gentle. But the L'Oreal Lash Paradise and Maybelline Lash Sensational in waterproof formulas are EXTREMELY difficult to remove, even with industrial-strength, duo-phase, oil-based eye makeup removers. And I kept losing lashes while using these 2 mascaras.

After almost a month of not being as impressed as everyone else on the planet with this mascara and losing lashes, I put it away and pulled out a back-up of my Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes in waterproof. It was amazing -- fluttery, defined, lengthened, each lash individually coated and looking/feeling great. It has been 2 weeks since I have switched back to the Cat Eyes and I have lost only one lash (today) since I stopped using the Lash Paradise.

on 9/3/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Absolutely HG material for me! I've been using this side by side with Too Faced Better Than Sex waterproof and honestly, I don't see a difference aside from the price. No smudging, no collection of flakes under my eyes during the day, no complaints there. It makes my lashes look beautifully black and long, though it doesn't volumize much, but that's not really what I'm looking for with this. My only complaint is that the brush is almost too big and I keep poking my eyes with it, and in comparison it's a bit larger than the BTS wand. I've already repurchased 3 times. Definitely try this one!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

:-) I'm so excited- First review!!
Okay, here goes: I have long fine lashes but at this particular stage in life, they have lost there once perfect, natural curl. Now, they grow in all different directions even straight down. I had to resort to using a curler as well for several years now- having said that. I didn't know how blessed I was to not curl them.
The only way I get my lashes to hold a curl is to use water proof mascara, a lot of first. As most of you, I've tried many drugstore mascaras and high end, like Dior and Lancome. But, I always ending up coming back to Maybelline Great Lash. I know, I know, not a fave by so many. But, it's always worked great for me. I achieved a very natural, thick looking lashes without looking overly done. I've been asking many times through the years- what false lashes was I wearing?!? I relished in the compliments, thinking this is the highest paid compliment you can get- people thinking your lashes aren't real. LOL The price point is great and I really liked the small brush. I learned to use the pointed end to get to the hard to reach places i.e. inner corners and end of my eye to make my lashes really fan out- depending on how the lashes grow.
Anyway, AGAIN.. I digress...
Back to review: My beautiful, sweet 15 y/o g/d was visiting and all she wears is mascara. She has naturally beautiful skin and lashes. So, I noticed her lashes looked really good, dark and fanned out. I ask her what mascara she was wearing and she showed me, L'Oreal Lash Paradise. She commented, she and her Mom both were using it, after they had used a high end one for a while now. Sooo, I had read the reviews and thought why not, I'll try it.
:-) It is a very wet, thick mascara with a really big brush. It's a little messy and cumbersome to maneuver in the inner and outer corners due to length of brush too. But, I do like the look VLLP gives without much effort- long, dark, separated lashes as a couple of coats does the trick. But, my favorite thing about it is this: it's extremely "easy" to remove for a w/p mascara. I use Walmart's Equate makeup remover and a cotton pad with a small amount of soaking on the eye and wiping off. I was so surprised! I had no idea a w/p mascara could come off so easily. It seemed to just melt right off with minimal effort. As MGL is very difficult to remove... Ugh... it takes a lot of effort and patience to get all of this mascara off.
I may continue to use VLLP for that reason alone. Quick clean up at night is so worth it to me, especially for a drugstore w/p mascara. Usually, I give up and go to bed and resume cleaning the next AM. Instead of constantly rubbing and rubbing, causing irritation to try and get every last speck off.This was a breath of fresh air!
ETA: I forgot to mention: this mascara holds the curl very well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love trying out new drugstore mascaras and do so regularly. My HG is covergirl lash blast waterproof. What I want in a mascara is something waterproof that holds curl, pitch black, and super volumizing. My lashes normally are straight and point downwards, so I need something that really holds the curl.

I think this mascara is too wet for me. You get a lot of product on the brush and have to scrape and scrape and scrape it off. The brush itself is like huge and messy. Hard to coat the lashes evenly without getting it all over your eyelids. Mind you I've been wearing mascara daily for like 10 years.

It separated my lashes nicely, definitely made them look long. But it didn't help or hold my curl very well. My lashes were droopy. And they weren't very dark, it was hard to evenly coat my lashes. This mascara did not provide very much volume for me. Overall, not my jam.

I think it would work if your lashes are naturally curly and you want a more natural refined lash vs a dramatic voluminous lash.

on 9/3/2017 1:12:00 PM

Normally I use L'Oreal Telescopic mascaras and have used them for years. This caught my eye, as the packaging looks very similar to the infamous "Better Than Sex Mascara". I tried this mascara 3 times and then gave up. It clumps and does not go on smoothly, and was making my lashes stick together and they could not be smoothed out. I did not care for this mascara at all, and found nothing I liked about it.