L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Waterproof

3.1

on 6/22/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

only waterproof mascara i've used that has ever been truly waterproof. For that alone, it gets 4 lippies. However it doesn't get 5 because it's very thick and can be unnatural looking if you don't scrape off most of the mascara on the tube, and if you apply mostly at the ends and brush it out. I'm wearing this for an event soon basically just for the waterproof-ness.

on 6/22/2017 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Meh. I have been very underwhelmed with this vastly overhyped mascara.
I purchased both the regular and waterproof formulas, the former in Brownish Black and the latter in Blackest Black.

First of all I have to say, I am shocked at how little shade difference there is between the two! I experimented today with one on each eye and you would never know they are different unless I point it out and shine a bright light directly on my eyes. It's pretty ridiculous, especially for "Blackest Black". Honestly the biggest difference in the two shades is that the black looks vaguely 'ashy'. They are both quite dull though and manage to feel both dry and slightly tacky.

Can I make this mascara work enough to get a little use out of it? Yeah, for the most part, with a lot more work than it's worth.
I have decent lashes. I don't have to curl them and usually only need one coat of any mascara to be happy with the results. This mascara manages to make my lashes seem problematic. It weighs them down to the point that I need to curl before application and even then it doesn't really last. The formula doesn't seem super heavy during application, but I am very aware of it once it is on. This feeling and the weighing down effect happens even with just one coat. It is not very pleasant to wear.

As I mentioned, I rarely (to the point of almost absolutely never) wear more than one coat of mascara. With this one, I feel like it really calls for two because one looks a bit scraggly. You have to get that second coat on pretty quickly though or it's just a hot mess. Even then, I absolutely have to comb through afterward and still end up a little clumpy and sticky. I have to work hard to keep from getting weird balls of product on the ends ok my lashes too. Extra frustratingly, the brush I usually use to sort out my lashes and get things even just clumped things up even more, as did a spoolie. The only tool that is effective and helpful is my Tweezerman metal lash comb. And even worse, it gunked up the comb! That's a first, especially since it was clean to start with.

The brush is ok. It has its pros and cons. The pro is I am able to get the product right down to the roots pretty easily. On the other hand, getting the corner lashes is a pain in the rear due to the flat tip of the brush. The tip also tends to get a blob of product that either makes a mess or needs to be dabbed off (wasting product).

I feel like the end result kinda screams "look at my mascara", not "my lashes look great". And it's a ton of work just to get there.

The two formulas are actually more similar than most regular and waterproof versions of other mascaras. That would be great if the regular one was really good.
On the upside, the waterproof formula is genuinely waterproof but also removes cleanly without much trouble. (The regular formula rinses right away with plain water like I have never seen with another mascara!)

If I had purchased this from Ulta, I would return them both. As it stands, I will try to get a little use out of them on days when I don't really care that my makeup looks less than stellar. I'm not sure how well that attempt will go though. I definitely wouldn't use this messy hit or miss product after an eye look I actually put any effort into.

Overall I feel like it was a waste of money and very disappointed. I will go back to my previous favorites for regular daily wear and regular more dramatic looks. Sadly that still leaves me still without a waterproof HG.

I picked this up in the water proof version - something I don't normally do - after hearing that this formula was the best. Although this mascara is part of the "Voluminous" line, I found that it was fairly weak in imparting any lash thickness. It did a good job of lengthening and defining my lashes. It also helped keep my lashes curled and uplifted all day - no mid-day "lash droop" that I normally notice with other formulas. I also noticed in applying the product some patience was required to build up any noticeable length or volume. I found myself redipping the wand. I paired this with a lash primer and was still underwhelmed with the results. If you are looking for a good curling mascara that imparts decent length, this is pretty good but nothing to write home about. I would describe it as a fairly natural looking mascara good for hot summer days.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been waiting to try this mascara and finally found this in my local Target a couple of days ago. So far, I really like it. I'm interested to see how the formula changes as it ages/is exposed to air. I typically use 3 different waterproof formulas of mascara and I usually use all Maybelline. My usual routine is base coat of Full 'n Soft, second coat is Volum' Express The Colossal for fullness and final coat is Volum' Express The Falsies for length (all waterproof formulas). I have swapped out The Colossal for Lash Paradise and I'm loving the results! If the Lash Paradise ages well over the next few weeks, this will be my HG mascara combo!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This lengthens, adds volumes, and holds a curl. It's important to wipe off extra mascara before you apply. Usually when I do this I can apply multiple coats, but with this mascara formula it isn't a good idea to go past two coats.

+ 2 coats lashes will start to look unnatural, and stick together. The first coat they look pretty good.

In a Wayne Goss video he suggested curling the lashes, applying one thin coat of waterproof mascara, then regular mascara. I see myself using this method with this mascara.

I have sensitive eyes and this hasn't irritate them. No smudging or flaking so far

edit: The other day I wore this on one eye, and the classic L'Oreal voluminous mascara on my other eye to compare. With one coat, the Lash paradise lengthened my lashes more than the orginal voluminous, while the original voluminous gave more curl. The original voluminous is a more wet formula that I do not enjoy putting on my lashes. This formula is more likely to smudge.

After curling my lashes, the lash paradise gives a more fanned out look because it already has so much length, and once you've curled your lashes it holds a curl as well as the original L'Oreal voluminous

edit: this Waterproof formula is very easy to take off. I wash my face with Aveeno Bar soap, and all the mascara comes off with one wash, which is rare with a waterproof formula.

on 6/19/2017 12:52:00 PM

No I will not repurchase
$8.98 @ Walmart and Target
Shade: Blackest Black (looks very dry and dull when applied)
Holds a curl
Starts to look spidery at the 2nd coat, and 1 coat is not enough & it made my lashes hard and stiff.

Purchased the regular formula in Mystic Black and it's a beautiful glossy jet black, BUT IT DIDN'T HOLD A CURL, and they also looked spidery at the 2nd coat but remains soft when dry.
I've tried TF and it's junk!! FLAKES!!!!!

* Per L'oreal customer service: Mystic Black is darker than the shade blackest black.

on 6/12/2017 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sorry, no pic. I had a love/hate relationship with Voluminous Lash for years: loved the color and how it thickened and lengthened/hated the smearing. When I heard about the new Lash Paradise Waterproof and how well it held up in the waterproof and non-smearing departments, I thought I'd give the L'Oreal Voluminous line another try.

At almost Cdn $12 before taxes (Superstore) it's a bit more than what I'd normally pay for mascara but the reviews I'd seen were good and cheaper than spending Cdn $24 (Sephora) for my fave mascara, High Impact Mascara from Clinique.

I don't buy waterproof mascara for it's waterproofing abilities; I buy it because it doesn't straighten out my lashes after I've curled them. The Lash Paradise Waterproof passed my keep-the-curl test. It's also a rich black, didn't flake, clump or smear under my eyes (yah!) Although it did thicken my lashes, I'd say this is more of a lengthening mascara. I'd used 3-4 coats but I think any more than that and there would be clumping.

I only bought the mascara yesterday and the tube was fresh so time will tell if the formulation changes as time goes by, i.e. if it starts to flake or smear. I just love that it doesn't flake or smear under my eyes! Would buy again.