3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

My favorite Lush shower gel! I have yet to find any other shower gel that has this fabulous lime and grapefruit scent.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

10 years ago

I buy this for my boyfriend since he is a grapefruit nut. He loves citrusy smelling things in the shower and since moving in with me - he has endured my girly shower gels and soaps, so I finally bought him this. Its very refreshing and the scent is strong without being overpowering. I use it once in awhile when my senses need a boost. Would definitely repurchase it.

About reviewer (109 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

Smells like lemon drops! I like! I would buy more, but I have 100 lbs of soap and 5 gallons of body wash to use first. I will buy more of this though, once I blow through my stash.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

11 years ago

OK, Back For Breakfast is discontinued, but I had to write a review about it's longevity. Back in 2005, I tried and enjoyed the (expensive) frozen version of BFB and remember buying a small bottle of the regular Back For Breakfast shower gel to try. Fast forward four years and last month I found said bottle of shower gel kicking around when I unpacked a neglected box from a previous house move. Expiry date on the bottle: June 2006. Not wanting to throw out a full bottle but not being game enough to use it in the shower, I figured I'd use it in the kitchen as a hand-wash. It still smelt like fresh citrus and performed well despite being 4 years old! The label started flaking off, but otherwise it was fine right to the end of the bottle. So clearly the preservatives methylparaben and propylparaben in BFB did their job! (BTW, I have no problem with using parabens despite the current raging controversy. IMNSHO, there's not anywhere near enough concrete scientific research indicating any harmfulness from parabens to contradict the years and years of research indicating they're safe.) Anyway, I wouldn't buy BRB again even if was still available but mainly because I like LUSH's Happy Hippy shower gel even more. Mmm, pink grapefruit...

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

11 years ago

Very wonderful. The Lemon and Lime in this is so nice. This will defintely get you charged up in the morning and ready to take on the day.

About reviewer (659 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Other, Not Sure

12 years ago

I'm a huge fan of Lush in general, especially their shower gels. I nearly bought this from a forumite but decided against it because I saw "honey water" in the ingredients, and I hate the smell of honey water. She sent along a decant anyway, and it splurted on my hands when I opened it, so I ran and washed my hands---and it smells amazing! Like a hot water with honey and lemon tonic my mother makes for sore throats. My hands are super-soft too. I probably won't repurchase as I have a zillion shower gels, but I will definitely enjoy this decant.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

14 years ago

I love this shower gel and I can't believe they are discontinuing it! Shame on LUSH for removing such a phenomenal product from their product line. The scent is grapefruit and limes and it's very sweet -- almost like a piece of hard candy. But it's incredibly fresh and invigorating and helps wake me up in the morning. It's a lovely scent, and a little goes a long way. I have to go stock up on more of this before it's gone forever!

About reviewer (375 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Not Sure

15 years ago

Oh boy, it's a lemon lifesaver! :P I was completely underwhelmed by this shower gel. I like lemon products in general- but I prefer a softer lemon-y cream scent like Burts Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream or Lush's Sunny Citrus soap. This was a little too brash for me. My husband and one of the girls at Lush Boston absolutely adore this product and insist that you can tell it's more complex than the Lemon- that the grapefruit, lime, and honey water are clearly present. I gave my bottle to my husband, who was happy to use it.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

15 years ago

I am in love with this stuff - I want to eat it every time I use it. Citrus scent definatly wakes me up, too!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination

HairOther

16 years ago

My sister bought this for me and I loved the smell of it. Unfortunately, I never got to use it because apparently my dog also loved the smell of it and stole it out of the bathroom. This is the only product she's ever taken, so she must've really liked it. I'd repurchase for the purpose of seeing if the gel is as good as the smell.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age19-24