Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

2.8

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

Got this as a sample size with a gift with purchase and was excited to try it. It was nothing but a clumpy, major, wet, black, goopy, mess. After dabbing excess off with a Q-tip and separating with an eyelash separator I was still really disappointed. Even with the extra effort they still looked like the hot mess they started with. Like I got in a fight with my make up bag, like the DVD co ernof the movie “The Eyes of Tammy Faye (Bakker)” …LOL. I do not recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is not getting a lot of love from me. This went on clumpy and wet and stuck my lashes together. I tried multiple coats to build the volume but this just did not deliver. And it destroyed my curl I laboriously put into my lashes. Also tried it with the Cils booster and that helped but the mascara was still clumpy and did not wear well through the day. I get way better results from L'Oreal voluminous waterproof.

on 8/15/2018 10:56:00 AM

I received this as a mini and while it is not the best mascara I have tried, it's pretty good. It does give my sparse lashes volume, although it does have a tendency to clump (I really prefer mascaras which separate my lashes more). What really impresses me about this mascara is its staying power: it doesn't smudge or flake, no matter what. We have had a very hot and humid summer, and this mascara stays put from early in the morning until late at night (yet it removes easily with a water-based makeup remover).

on 2/8/2018 8:33:00 PM

I'm gratified to see the low score here because that's all it deserves. Frankly I would flinch at buying a mascara or any makeup item called "Monsieur Big". At best, it's cheesy and cringeworthy, at worst it's demeaning and crude and fetishises makeup and gives it a misogynist slant. Why give a makeup item a masculine form. I don't mind "meet Matt(e)" but I don't like the subservient connotations of "Mr Big", it really irritates me and if Lisa Eldridge names it then that is peculiar. Having said that, I might put the cat amongst the pigeons by admitting actually I don't like Lisa Eldridge. I mean, I watch her videos and I bought her book, but her manner and her estuary accent kind of annoy me. But I love her hair and outfits and she's always age-appropriate which is more than can be said for most you-tubers her age and above who pump themselves with Botox and filler and bleached hair and dress like teenagers. Lisa Eldridge clearly uses filler Botox and hair dye, but she does it in the best way possible. So if she named this then I can only suppose she is a Sex and the City fan? It's still odd.

Anyway apologies for that diatribe. So onto the product. I nearly bought this but my hunch was that it wasn't good. Coupled with the aforementioned name issue lol. So I instead placed my order for my beloved Hypnose and the lash primer. Both excellent. This mascara came as a sample so I got to see if my reservations were well founded. They were. This has a big unwieldy brush (ahem, now how to avoid sounding like a dirty joke) and size is good but sometimes too big is too big. I prefer the more elegant form of the Hypnose brush. The big brush picks up a lot of product and does give volume, but in a clumpy way. It reminded me of loreal punky mascara, if they still make that. And final nail in the coffin - it transfers and smudges. And then to add insult to injury it's hard to remove and needs a good eye makeup remover. In the Bin it goes. Monsieur big let down.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the best mascara I've used in a really long time. I see a lot of reviews saying that it smears but never has on me. Even when I sweat a lot. My co-workers thought I wore false lashes. I tried the smaller tube to test it out. Splurged on the full size and Prob a my will for a while. If I want EXTRA drama, I use 2 coats of this, followed by 2 coats of Maybelline Lash Sensation. It gets rid of any clumps and is super black.

on 10/17/2017 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have only tried the deluxe sample size of this from a code on Saks.com but after a couple of weeks' use, I am impressed! I love the Christmas tree shaped brush and did not experience any flaking or smudging. Flaking and the subsequent eye irritation it causes is the biggest reason I dislike mascaras, so I was pleased with the wearability of this one. It coats my lashes well in one or two coats, separates my lashes nicely, and stays on all day without leaving a crispy feeling on my lashes. Other than the foolish name and high price tag, I really like this mascara. Hopefully this will show up soon in a Sephora mascara collection as a sample with a certificate for a full size included.

on 10/16/2017 3:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hate the name, love the mascara! The wand is a pretty standard Christmas tree type bristle brush, and the mascara is unscented. The wand isn't too big or too small, so application is quick and tidy. It fans outs and makes your lashes look incredibly full. It's more of a wet formula, but it's also not clumpy.

It stays on exceptionally over a 12 hour day. I'm a one-coat girl, and this gives me fabulous definition and volume that lasts all day. It's my favourite "high-end" mascara but not something I'll regularly purchase because of the cost.

I can't figure out the low reviews this mascara is getting. For me it goes on easily with one coat, no clumping and no need for a second coat. I've not experienced transfer or flaking. This does not irritate my eyes and I have MANY allergies and am especially sensitive to mascara. When I wear this my friends at first glance think I have false lashes on. With a light hand and just the slightest bit of effort this has a great application and a wonderful effect, absolutely my favorite mascara I've ever owned, it does wonders for my eyelashes!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a big NO from me. It's wet, clumpy, hard to apply and smears everywhere. The worst part is the aching, immediate irritation. WTF is in this stuff?!! I don't have sensitive eyes, but the second I put it on, I felt discomfort right away. I had to take it off after a few minutes because it hurt so much. This rarely happens. This mascara is mystifying for such a big, successful brand.

on 8/6/2017 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am really impressed with this mascara. I got a sample size from Ulta and I think I might splurge for a big size because the volumizing and lengthening abilities of this formula are so impressive. I feel like I have false lashes on. It's so good. Like others have said, it is a wet formula but it dries very quickly so you can really build lengthen and separate. It does transfer slightly but it's comparable to most mascaras that aren't waterproof.