Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

3.4

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

on 12/6/2018 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Its hard for me to fork out over $20 for mascara but if there is one brand I have tended to do that for over the years, it has been Lancôme. Most of their mascaras are very good and Monsieur Big is no exception. I find this mascara tend (like so many others) to be very wet when you first open it but given a bit of time it will dry up a bit and then does wonders for my lashes. It is volumizing and lengthening ( especially volumizing) and is my go to these days when I want as much of a lash look as I can get without going to false eyelashes. I still use my MAC Gigabyte for the lower lashes (absolutely HG for me) but find this one to be worth the money for my upper lashes. I do alternate this with a few drugstore mascaras ... it lasts me three to four months. Go for it!

on 12/6/2018 12:57:00 PM

I rarely purchase full size, high end mascaras and this one made me pull out my wallet. I first discovered it as a sample and it works fabulously on my lashes. This works even better than the “Better Than Sex” mascara on me. I would have to say I really like that one as well, but this just has a next level oomph. Once I got through a few more mascara samples, I actually invested in this and don’t regret it a bit. People have even asked me if my lashes are my real lashes. Yup, no lash extensions here!

Other reviews mention clumping and I can totally see how this could clump up on people. What I recommend is working the product off at the base of your lashes (kinda wiggle back and forth) then bring it up the lash like a normal application. I use a lighter hand at the tips of my lashes because this stuff is hardcore. I rarely do two coats when I leave for the office, otherwise my mascara would be too much for daytime! But it’s great at night. Just be sure not to go too heavy handed because that’s when things can go clumpy. In my opinion, it’s nice to have to use less product because it means the tube lasts longer and does what other mascaras can’t do in one swipe. We’re all so used to that multiple coat layering of mascaras, I get why people might go heavy with this one.

I totally recommend!

I wear contact lenses and this irritated my contacts massively -- I had to take my contacts off after an hour of wearing this. If you look at the ingredients list, sodium laureth sulfate (surfactant used in shampoo, very drying) is in here, which may be what's irritating my eyes so bad. It does give impressive length, but there's nothing sexy about red watery eyes...

on 10/17/2018 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used two mini versions of this first and loved it. I've now bought a big one when it was for 20% off. I didn't think I would fall in love with it. I had used L'Oreal Miss Hippie before this and loved that, also. (I couldn't find it anymore where I live, though.) I think the application of the Lancome one is a bit easier. I apply a thin coat on one eye, then the other. Then I go back for a second coat and by then the first has dried and this method seems to be working best. The first coat separates the lashes and keeps them that way. The second adds volume and lenght. (I also like to coat my lashes from behind.) Not too carzy about the packaging, but looks a lot classier than the L'Oreal one so I'm not complaining. LOL. When my last mini was on its last leg and started to dry out, I was on a trip. I just added a couple of drops of clean water and it perfectly revived it so I could use it for another couple of weeks. I don't use it on my lower lashes. I use MAC Exteneded Play there.

on 10/17/2018 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Let's talk about this mascara! i have bought 4 tubes in he last year and I love it because it gives my lashes lift, curl, and volume! I started wearing my lashes naturally after I realized this mascara made my lashes look like NEVER BEFORE. The wand is the perfect size for my modal shape eye , many other wands would get mascara all over my eye during the application. This wand provides a clean application.

on 8/27/2018 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have the straightest lashes that go back to being straight after a few hours even after I have curled them, so I wasn’t expecting much from this mascara despite the rave reviews. It gives my eyelashes this long, feathery look which I loved. However, I definitely cannot layer this because my thin, straight lashes can’t handle the weight and will begin to look spidery if I apply more than a layer. My eyelashes sadly also got weighed down and began to touch the lower corner of my eyes, so I had smudging. This is a lovely mascara and will probably work for a lot of people, but it’s just okay for my stubborn lashes.

on 8/8/2018 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I like the volume and length this gives me. What I don’t care for is that it clumps and the price is high. If used with the Lancôme primer, it doesn’t clump as bad but the price of both of them is just too much for me.

on 6/19/2018 3:15:00 PM

I have always been sold to lancome hypnose’s mascara and even if i stopped buying it because i dont use it enough to be worth it, i swore by it beig the best mascara ever no matter what. Got a sample from shoppers with all minis mascaras during christimas and have tried a couple of the other samples and thought they were gheeat but that one holymolly. I was shocked it was just as if i stole someone else’s eyes. I wouldnt use a second layer because with one it was far from enough. My friend swears by it too. Really great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was super impressed with this mascara when I first applied it. It really made lashes big and volumous and did a great job separating my lashes. Only one coat is needed. They indeed looked like false lashes and I was excited. But after formula started to dry, my lashes fell.

I did this mascara on one eye and Loreal lash paradise on the other. Lash paradise stayed lifted, but the Lancome side was down and straight.

If your lashes have a natural curl, you will love this mascara. But if you have stubborn straight lashes, not for you.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I had to edit my review on the Hynôse Drama because Mr Big is definitely about his name! Big wand, creamy formula, glides on once you apply and it's incredibly buildable - you can see it coat every single lash, provide intense color, length, and volume. It's the best at giving BIG, bold, dramatic lashes.