Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

2.8

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

I wear contact lenses and this irritated my contacts massively -- I had to take my contacts off after an hour of wearing this. If you look at the ingredients list, sodium laureth sulfate (surfactant used in shampoo, very drying) is in here, which may be what's irritating my eyes so bad. It does give impressive length, but there's nothing sexy about red watery eyes...

on 10/17/2018 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used two mini versions of this first and loved it. I've now bought a big one when it was for 20% off. I didn't think I would fall in love with it. I had used L'Oreal Miss Hippie before this and loved that, also. (I couldn't find it anymore where I live, though.) I think the application of the Lancome one is a bit easier. I apply a thin coat on one eye, then the other. Then I go back for a second coat and by then the first has dried and this method seems to be working best. The first coat separates the lashes and keeps them that way. The second adds volume and lenght. (I also like to coat my lashes from behind.) Not too carzy about the packaging, but looks a lot classier than the L'Oreal one so I'm not complaining. LOL. When my last mini was on its last leg and started to dry out, I was on a trip. I just added a couple of drops of clean water and it perfectly revived it so I could use it for another couple of weeks. I don't use it on my lower lashes. I use MAC Exteneded Play there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is not getting a lot of love from me. This went on clumpy and wet and stuck my lashes together. I tried multiple coats to build the volume but this just did not deliver. And it destroyed my curl I laboriously put into my lashes. Also tried it with the Cils booster and that helped but the mascara was still clumpy and did not wear well through the day. I get way better results from L'Oreal voluminous waterproof.

on 8/15/2018 10:56:00 AM

I received this as a mini and while it is not the best mascara I have tried, it's pretty good. It does give my sparse lashes volume, although it does have a tendency to clump (I really prefer mascaras which separate my lashes more). What really impresses me about this mascara is its staying power: it doesn't smudge or flake, no matter what. We have had a very hot and humid summer, and this mascara stays put from early in the morning until late at night (yet it removes easily with a water-based makeup remover).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I will absolutely follow-up on this particular review, as I have only tried some sample tubes of this mascara. I know occasionally the samples can be different than full-sized products (especially with mascara). When it comes to the sample tubes I have tried of this, I absolutely love it! I found this to be very volumizing without being clumpy/goopy with a creamy (not too thick!) formula. It’s also the perfect in-between consistency in which it is not too wet and not too dry/flaky! As soon as a run out of the sample sizes I have, I will be purchasing this on it’s own ASAP!

on 4/2/2018 11:24:00 AM

I just don't get the love for this mascara...
I bought it thinking it would be even better than the older mascaras I have from Lancôme but no, it's way worse, even worse than most d/s mascaras on me!

It clumps. I used it on its own and on top of primers (Lancôme and Shiseido), and if I use primers I feel it clumps even more. Without primers it is ok-ish, but doesn't lengthen or volumize.

I prefer mascaras that make lashes look fanned out, voluminous and a bit longer, and this just doesn't do that.

The result is good, i get long and thick lashes but the mascara takes time to remove even with a biphased eye makeup remover. There are equivalent that are cheaper such as the L'Oreal Lash Paradise. Not a bad mascara but I prefer to try other ones.

on 12/15/2017 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have sparse, short, straight, thin Asian lashes and love this mascara. It is clumpy and thick but that helps me out. 1 coat of this mascara and I'm able to curl my lashes and actually hold a curl. Unfortunately I will not buy again nor give it 5 stars since the brand is not cruelty free.

on 11/17/2017 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh. I had high hopes, having heard all the raves about Lancome mascara for years. This did NOT deliver. Wet, clumpy, messy, smudgy, YUCK. These are all words I think of when I think of this mascara. It smudges under my eyes like crazy, and the super wet formula gets everywhere. I have tried better drugstore mascaras. What a waste on this one! I ordered Hypnose, though. Here's to hoping it's better--but the bar is pretty low!

on 10/25/2017 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

To preface this review, I love big lashes. Clumpy, black, ott; I'm all about that look. I also don't expect one mascara to do the job, I always layer two. I was previously using Chanel Le Volume wp with UD Troublemaker on top, and got this to replace the Chanel. It's not terrible. It does a great job of separating the lashes and is a good inky black color. I haven't had any issues so far with wear (flaking, smudging). I could never wear this on its own, however. It gives a very natural look which I am not interested in. I also suspect it irritates my eyes a bit before it dries down, but after a few minutes that goes away.

I will update this review as my tube dries out with age.