Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

3.2

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

on 11/3/2018 2:18:00 PM

This was an impulse buy during ulta's 21 days of beauty so I got it half price. I didn't want to bother otherwise it would have been returned because in my opinion this mascara sucks. It's nothing special at all.

No matter what I do it clumps. I've even tried completely cleaning the wand before use and it doesn't help because the formula just isn't great. It always gives me dreaded spider lashes and it takes the curl out of them every time. Once it's dry you can't really separate those awful clumps, unless you don't mind possibly ripping out a couple of your lashes because it's thick and like glue.

I have naturally long lashes and this doesn't give me any extra length or noticeable volume. I love Lancome and I tried really hard to love this but I'll never repurchase it once I finally use this tube.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Okay, I wasn't going to fall for the hype but I've gone through two mini versions of this and I love it! Big, fluffy black lashes guaranteed with this. The formula is a little on the dry side but it layers really well if you follow up with a length-focused mascara. The brush doesn't look like anything special so it must be the formula? Anyway I am taking a break but I'll definitely be back for some more Monsieur Big soon!

on 8/27/2018 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Gives very intense lashes, as if you put on falsies. Only downside being that it can be clumpy on both the brush and on your lashes.

on 8/17/2018 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Clumps-ville on my lashes. Don't understand the hype. Formula doesn't work for me, clumps. Brush didn't really separate my lashes, and left me looking like spider legs. Good black pigmentation. Didn't flake. Didn't irrate my sensitive eye ( contact lenses). Always had to use my lash comb with every application. Used for 2 months for I really tried to like it.

on 8/2/2018 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to finally review because I genuinely really like this stuff! I'm on my third mini tube (I hate buying full sizes, it goes bad and dries up to fast, but that's with every mascara I buy) I have yet to find any other mascara that gives me so much volume and darkness that this one provides - exactly what I'm looking for!

on 6/16/2018 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

My HG mascara; on my third tube! I love dramatic lashes, long and thick, but not clumped. I thought Lancôme Hypnose Doll or Grandiose were the best until I tried Monsieur Big. Without a primer, I get full, long lashes; with Lancome primer, I just about get the same appearance as when I had lash extensions (been using generic Latisse for years). My lashes are stick straight so an eyelash curler is a must - they stay in place with this mascara, no flaking or smudging. Can’t wait for some additional colors to be added.

on 4/1/2018 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It’s a good mascara and makes the eyes pop!

on 1/7/2018 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$25.00 for the full size at Sephora, $12.00 for the mini. An Allure Best of 2017 Beauty Awards winner

I got 2 sample sizes of Monsieur Big in December and I have been using it a lot. I don't know why I didn't care for it at first when I bought the full size one time, maybe it was old, maybe they made some slight changes, but I am really liking it and I don't have a single bad thing to say about it except that the wand is a bit too fat for my bottom lashes, but most are. It will work on my bottom lashes, but I like a tiny wand for mine and I want them perfectly separated. It lengthens, holds curl, adds volume, separates the lashes, no smearing, lasts all day, no flaking & has no horrible scent like Hypnose. Give it a couple of minutes to dry, it gives you big lashes so clearly it will take a bit longer to dry.

I have always liked most of Lancome's mascaras. I am never without a tube of Definicils, love it, definite holy grail that I've used for many years. I do detest Lancome's Hypnose due to the vile chemical scent that lingers forever.

Since Sephora carries the mini Monsieur Big for $12.00, I would rather purchase 2 of those than one full size for $25.00. Minis I usually use up before they begin to get dried out or gloppy.

Description from Lancome's website:

Meet Monsieur Big. Forget the others.
A LOOK OF UP TO 12X MORE VOLUME:
The volumizing mascara’s brush provides big impact at first stroke, for thicker looking eyelashes like never before. BIG SOFT BRUSH: Monsieur Big Mascara’s bristles are made of soft fibers which hug your lashes with beautiful softness and ensure a smooth application, while separating and lifting the look of lashes.
NO CLUMPS, NO SMUDGES, NO TOUCH UPS: The formula easily glides on lashes. Its dark pigments create ultra black intensity..

• Big Volume: a look of up to 12x more volume than bare lashes
• No flakes, no smudges: smudge resistant mascara with up to 24-hour wear
• Intense color: ultra black
• Easy, soft application
• Tested under ophthalmological control
• Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers

INGREDIENTS:
Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2,C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium Edta, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- May Contain, Ci 75470 / Carmine, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines,Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides].

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is the best mascara I've used in a really long time. I see a lot of reviews saying that it smears but never has on me. Even when I sweat a lot. My co-workers thought I wore false lashes. I tried the smaller tube to test it out. Splurged on the full size and Prob a my will for a while. If I want EXTRA drama, I use 2 coats of this, followed by 2 coats of Maybelline Lash Sensation. It gets rid of any clumps and is super black.

on 10/25/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was talked into purchasing this by a Lancome rep at Ulta. I tried Definicils years ago (it was my sister's) and like it, so I thought, ok! The rep applied it to my lashes, and I will say that they looked great. BUT within an hour, I looked like a raccoon. I have oily skin, and I had told the Lancome rep that I have trouble with mascara smudging--she assured me that M. Big wouldn't do that. Wrong. I've tried wearing it on several occasions and it just doesn't stay put on my lashes. I'm super disappointed, especially since this wasn't cheap. I'm going back to my HG L'oreal Double-Extend, which never, ever smears or flakes.