Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

3.2

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

on 12/6/2018 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Its hard for me to fork out over $20 for mascara but if there is one brand I have tended to do that for over the years, it has been Lancôme. Most of their mascaras are very good and Monsieur Big is no exception. I find this mascara tend (like so many others) to be very wet when you first open it but given a bit of time it will dry up a bit and then does wonders for my lashes. It is volumizing and lengthening ( especially volumizing) and is my go to these days when I want as much of a lash look as I can get without going to false eyelashes. I still use my MAC Gigabyte for the lower lashes (absolutely HG for me) but find this one to be worth the money for my upper lashes. I do alternate this with a few drugstore mascaras ... it lasts me three to four months. Go for it!

on 12/6/2018 12:57:00 PM

I rarely purchase full size, high end mascaras and this one made me pull out my wallet. I first discovered it as a sample and it works fabulously on my lashes. This works even better than the “Better Than Sex” mascara on me. I would have to say I really like that one as well, but this just has a next level oomph. Once I got through a few more mascara samples, I actually invested in this and don’t regret it a bit. People have even asked me if my lashes are my real lashes. Yup, no lash extensions here!

Other reviews mention clumping and I can totally see how this could clump up on people. What I recommend is working the product off at the base of your lashes (kinda wiggle back and forth) then bring it up the lash like a normal application. I use a lighter hand at the tips of my lashes because this stuff is hardcore. I rarely do two coats when I leave for the office, otherwise my mascara would be too much for daytime! But it’s great at night. Just be sure not to go too heavy handed because that’s when things can go clumpy. In my opinion, it’s nice to have to use less product because it means the tube lasts longer and does what other mascaras can’t do in one swipe. We’re all so used to that multiple coat layering of mascaras, I get why people might go heavy with this one.

I totally recommend!

I wear contact lenses and this irritated my contacts massively -- I had to take my contacts off after an hour of wearing this. If you look at the ingredients list, sodium laureth sulfate (surfactant used in shampoo, very drying) is in here, which may be what's irritating my eyes so bad. It does give impressive length, but there's nothing sexy about red watery eyes...

on 10/17/2018 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Let's talk about this mascara! i have bought 4 tubes in he last year and I love it because it gives my lashes lift, curl, and volume! I started wearing my lashes naturally after I realized this mascara made my lashes look like NEVER BEFORE. The wand is the perfect size for my modal shape eye , many other wands would get mascara all over my eye during the application. This wand provides a clean application.

on 10/1/2018 11:26:00 AM

I used to use the L'Oreal Voluminous and I have to say that I like this mascara just as much! It really does give you huge lashes, that are long and thick. I got this as a sample and instantly fell in love with it. I ended up buying the bigger size. For those who complain it clumps, there is an easy fix. You just take out the wand and run it under hot water and then put it back in the tube, that should take care of the clumping. I totally recommend this mascara. Great job Lancome!

Got this as a sample size with a gift with purchase and was excited to try it. It was nothing but a clumpy, major, wet, black, goopy, mess. After dabbing excess off with a Q-tip and separating with an eyelash separator I was still really disappointed. Even with the extra effort they still looked like the hot mess they started with. Like I got in a fight with my make up bag, like the DVD co ernof the movie “The Eyes of Tammy Faye (Bakker)” …LOL. I do not recommend!

on 8/27/2018 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Gives very intense lashes, as if you put on falsies. Only downside being that it can be clumpy on both the brush and on your lashes.

on 8/15/2018 10:56:00 AM

I received this as a mini and while it is not the best mascara I have tried, it's pretty good. It does give my sparse lashes volume, although it does have a tendency to clump (I really prefer mascaras which separate my lashes more). What really impresses me about this mascara is its staying power: it doesn't smudge or flake, no matter what. We have had a very hot and humid summer, and this mascara stays put from early in the morning until late at night (yet it removes easily with a water-based makeup remover).

on 8/2/2018 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to finally review because I genuinely really like this stuff! I'm on my third mini tube (I hate buying full sizes, it goes bad and dries up to fast, but that's with every mascara I buy) I have yet to find any other mascara that gives me so much volume and darkness that this one provides - exactly what I'm looking for!

on 6/19/2018 3:15:00 PM

I have always been sold to lancome hypnose’s mascara and even if i stopped buying it because i dont use it enough to be worth it, i swore by it beig the best mascara ever no matter what. Got a sample from shoppers with all minis mascaras during christimas and have tried a couple of the other samples and thought they were gheeat but that one holymolly. I was shocked it was just as if i stole someone else’s eyes. I wouldnt use a second layer because with one it was far from enough. My friend swears by it too. Really great.