Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

3.2

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Okay, I wasn't going to fall for the hype but I've gone through two mini versions of this and I love it! Big, fluffy black lashes guaranteed with this. The formula is a little on the dry side but it layers really well if you follow up with a length-focused mascara. The brush doesn't look like anything special so it must be the formula? Anyway I am taking a break but I'll definitely be back for some more Monsieur Big soon!

on 8/27/2018 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have the straightest lashes that go back to being straight after a few hours even after I have curled them, so I wasn’t expecting much from this mascara despite the rave reviews. It gives my eyelashes this long, feathery look which I loved. However, I definitely cannot layer this because my thin, straight lashes can’t handle the weight and will begin to look spidery if I apply more than a layer. My eyelashes sadly also got weighed down and began to touch the lower corner of my eyes, so I had smudging. This is a lovely mascara and will probably work for a lot of people, but it’s just okay for my stubborn lashes.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Just repurchased this product... actually...just replaced my sample. Love this mascara! buildable, non-irratating, easy to remove.

on 1/7/2018 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$25.00 for the full size at Sephora, $12.00 for the mini. An Allure Best of 2017 Beauty Awards winner

I got 2 sample sizes of Monsieur Big in December and I have been using it a lot. I don't know why I didn't care for it at first when I bought the full size one time, maybe it was old, maybe they made some slight changes, but I am really liking it and I don't have a single bad thing to say about it except that the wand is a bit too fat for my bottom lashes, but most are. It will work on my bottom lashes, but I like a tiny wand for mine and I want them perfectly separated. It lengthens, holds curl, adds volume, separates the lashes, no smearing, lasts all day, no flaking & has no horrible scent like Hypnose. Give it a couple of minutes to dry, it gives you big lashes so clearly it will take a bit longer to dry.

I have always liked most of Lancome's mascaras. I am never without a tube of Definicils, love it, definite holy grail that I've used for many years. I do detest Lancome's Hypnose due to the vile chemical scent that lingers forever.

Since Sephora carries the mini Monsieur Big for $12.00, I would rather purchase 2 of those than one full size for $25.00. Minis I usually use up before they begin to get dried out or gloppy.

Description from Lancome's website:

Meet Monsieur Big. Forget the others.
A LOOK OF UP TO 12X MORE VOLUME:
The volumizing mascara’s brush provides big impact at first stroke, for thicker looking eyelashes like never before. BIG SOFT BRUSH: Monsieur Big Mascara’s bristles are made of soft fibers which hug your lashes with beautiful softness and ensure a smooth application, while separating and lifting the look of lashes.
NO CLUMPS, NO SMUDGES, NO TOUCH UPS: The formula easily glides on lashes. Its dark pigments create ultra black intensity..

• Big Volume: a look of up to 12x more volume than bare lashes
• No flakes, no smudges: smudge resistant mascara with up to 24-hour wear
• Intense color: ultra black
• Easy, soft application
• Tested under ophthalmological control
• Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers

INGREDIENTS:
Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2,C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium Edta, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- May Contain, Ci 75470 / Carmine, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines,Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides].

on 10/9/2017 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have used Lancôme mascara for 35 years and have always loved it. I was told by sales person that I would REALLY love this new one. Within two weeks, my eyeballs looked like they were on fire, and a third of my eyelashes fell out. Unfortunately I tossed the receipt and therefore can't even return it. What the heck, Lancôme?!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to love this mascara, but it was much to wet for my lashes. Doesn't seem that the tube pulls the wand tightly enough to remove the excess.

on 7/25/2017 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

TRANSFER TRANSFER TRANSFER. This is doing exactly what Charlotte Tilbury's did for me...embarrassing TRANSFER. Really liked everything about it, even the pre-sale hype.
Happily this was a free trial size I played with.

on 7/10/2017 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

It is very wet and "goopy" straight out of the tube. There is a ton of mascara on the brush! I have to wipe it before applying so it doesn't make my lashes stick together or leave huge blobs on my lash line. It can be very hazardous for contact wearers since it's so wet. Just be careful when applying and take your time. I like how it lengthens, but wish it would build volume a bit more. The color is a deep black so it should define your eyes and make your lashes pop with one or two coats. It is not waterproof and comes off easily with warm water or a gentle cleanser. I wore this on vacation in the humid heat as well as through rain. It definitely lasted all day. There were a couple flakes throughout the day, but no smudges or smears. At the end of the day there tends to be a lot of flakes which I don't really like. I do like how dramatic this mascara is, but I haven't decided if I will buy a full size since I have to wipe the brush off before using it.

UPDATE: After about 6 weeks, it performs A LOT better. It's not nearly as goopy and I no longer have to wipe the brush off. I like the way it makes my lashes look, but it's still bothersome to my contacts. It's still really flaky in the evening after I've worn it all day.

on 7/6/2017 3:49:00 PM

I'm surprised at the poor reviews of this mascara. I received a trial size as my free birthday gift from ULTA (so I am not sure of the retail price). I curled my lashes and applied it without any mascara base. I was thrilled at the volume and length it added to my relatively short and straight Asian lashes. My 8 year old son noticed my lashes immediately and asked if I had fake eyelashes on! The next time I tried it I applied Lancôme CILS base prior to application and noticed a small increase in volume and length-so I think using the mascara alone is sufficient. While it is fairly wet upon initial application, I fan my lashes with my hand and haven't had problems with product transfer. In all, I am very happy with this product.