Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

3.0

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

on 10/17/2018 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used two mini versions of this first and loved it. I've now bought a big one when it was for 20% off. I didn't think I would fall in love with it. I had used L'Oreal Miss Hippie before this and loved that, also. (I couldn't find it anymore where I live, though.) I think the application of the Lancome one is a bit easier. I apply a thin coat on one eye, then the other. Then I go back for a second coat and by then the first has dried and this method seems to be working best. The first coat separates the lashes and keeps them that way. The second adds volume and lenght. (I also like to coat my lashes from behind.) Not too carzy about the packaging, but looks a lot classier than the L'Oreal one so I'm not complaining. LOL. When my last mini was on its last leg and started to dry out, I was on a trip. I just added a couple of drops of clean water and it perfectly revived it so I could use it for another couple of weeks. I don't use it on my lower lashes. I use MAC Exteneded Play there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is not getting a lot of love from me. This went on clumpy and wet and stuck my lashes together. I tried multiple coats to build the volume but this just did not deliver. And it destroyed my curl I laboriously put into my lashes. Also tried it with the Cils booster and that helped but the mascara was still clumpy and did not wear well through the day. I get way better results from L'Oreal voluminous waterproof.

on 8/17/2018 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Clumps-ville on my lashes. Don't understand the hype. Formula doesn't work for me, clumps. Brush didn't really separate my lashes, and left me looking like spider legs. Good black pigmentation. Didn't flake. Didn't irrate my sensitive eye ( contact lenses). Always had to use my lash comb with every application. Used for 2 months for I really tried to like it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

No mascara as ever given me so much volume! If you are more a fan of dark, dramatic and full of volume sexy lashes, this is for you!

on 6/16/2018 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

My HG mascara; on my third tube! I love dramatic lashes, long and thick, but not clumped. I thought Lancôme Hypnose Doll or Grandiose were the best until I tried Monsieur Big. Without a primer, I get full, long lashes; with Lancome primer, I just about get the same appearance as when I had lash extensions (been using generic Latisse for years). My lashes are stick straight so an eyelash curler is a must - they stay in place with this mascara, no flaking or smudging. Can’t wait for some additional colors to be added.

on 4/2/2018 11:24:00 AM

I just don't get the love for this mascara...
I bought it thinking it would be even better than the older mascaras I have from Lancôme but no, it's way worse, even worse than most d/s mascaras on me!

It clumps. I used it on its own and on top of primers (Lancôme and Shiseido), and if I use primers I feel it clumps even more. Without primers it is ok-ish, but doesn't lengthen or volumize.

I prefer mascaras that make lashes look fanned out, voluminous and a bit longer, and this just doesn't do that.

on 2/8/2018 8:33:00 PM

I'm gratified to see the low score here because that's all it deserves. Frankly I would flinch at buying a mascara or any makeup item called "Monsieur Big". At best, it's cheesy and cringeworthy, at worst it's demeaning and crude and fetishises makeup and gives it a misogynist slant. Why give a makeup item a masculine form. I don't mind "meet Matt(e)" but I don't like the subservient connotations of "Mr Big", it really irritates me and if Lisa Eldridge names it then that is peculiar. Having said that, I might put the cat amongst the pigeons by admitting actually I don't like Lisa Eldridge. I mean, I watch her videos and I bought her book, but her manner and her estuary accent kind of annoy me. But I love her hair and outfits and she's always age-appropriate which is more than can be said for most you-tubers her age and above who pump themselves with Botox and filler and bleached hair and dress like teenagers. Lisa Eldridge clearly uses filler Botox and hair dye, but she does it in the best way possible. So if she named this then I can only suppose she is a Sex and the City fan? It's still odd.

Anyway apologies for that diatribe. So onto the product. I nearly bought this but my hunch was that it wasn't good. Coupled with the aforementioned name issue lol. So I instead placed my order for my beloved Hypnose and the lash primer. Both excellent. This mascara came as a sample so I got to see if my reservations were well founded. They were. This has a big unwieldy brush (ahem, now how to avoid sounding like a dirty joke) and size is good but sometimes too big is too big. I prefer the more elegant form of the Hypnose brush. The big brush picks up a lot of product and does give volume, but in a clumpy way. It reminded me of loreal punky mascara, if they still make that. And final nail in the coffin - it transfers and smudges. And then to add insult to injury it's hard to remove and needs a good eye makeup remover. In the Bin it goes. Monsieur big let down.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Just repurchased this product... actually...just replaced my sample. Love this mascara! buildable, non-irratating, easy to remove.

on 10/25/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was talked into purchasing this by a Lancome rep at Ulta. I tried Definicils years ago (it was my sister's) and like it, so I thought, ok! The rep applied it to my lashes, and I will say that they looked great. BUT within an hour, I looked like a raccoon. I have oily skin, and I had told the Lancome rep that I have trouble with mascara smudging--she assured me that M. Big wouldn't do that. Wrong. I've tried wearing it on several occasions and it just doesn't stay put on my lashes. I'm super disappointed, especially since this wasn't cheap. I'm going back to my HG L'oreal Double-Extend, which never, ever smears or flakes.

on 10/17/2017 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have only tried the deluxe sample size of this from a code on Saks.com but after a couple of weeks' use, I am impressed! I love the Christmas tree shaped brush and did not experience any flaking or smudging. Flaking and the subsequent eye irritation it causes is the biggest reason I dislike mascaras, so I was pleased with the wearability of this one. It coats my lashes well in one or two coats, separates my lashes nicely, and stays on all day without leaving a crispy feeling on my lashes. Other than the foolish name and high price tag, I really like this mascara. Hopefully this will show up soon in a Sephora mascara collection as a sample with a certificate for a full size included.