Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

3.2

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

Got this as a sample size with a gift with purchase and was excited to try it. It was nothing but a clumpy, major, wet, black, goopy, mess. After dabbing excess off with a Q-tip and separating with an eyelash separator I was still really disappointed. Even with the extra effort they still looked like the hot mess they started with. Like I got in a fight with my make up bag, like the DVD co ernof the movie “The Eyes of Tammy Faye (Bakker)” …LOL. I do not recommend!

on 2/8/2018 8:33:00 PM

I'm gratified to see the low score here because that's all it deserves. Frankly I would flinch at buying a mascara or any makeup item called "Monsieur Big". At best, it's cheesy and cringeworthy, at worst it's demeaning and crude and fetishises makeup and gives it a misogynist slant. Why give a makeup item a masculine form. I don't mind "meet Matt(e)" but I don't like the subservient connotations of "Mr Big", it really irritates me and if Lisa Eldridge names it then that is peculiar. Having said that, I might put the cat amongst the pigeons by admitting actually I don't like Lisa Eldridge. I mean, I watch her videos and I bought her book, but her manner and her estuary accent kind of annoy me. But I love her hair and outfits and she's always age-appropriate which is more than can be said for most you-tubers her age and above who pump themselves with Botox and filler and bleached hair and dress like teenagers. Lisa Eldridge clearly uses filler Botox and hair dye, but she does it in the best way possible. So if she named this then I can only suppose she is a Sex and the City fan? It's still odd.

Anyway apologies for that diatribe. So onto the product. I nearly bought this but my hunch was that it wasn't good. Coupled with the aforementioned name issue lol. So I instead placed my order for my beloved Hypnose and the lash primer. Both excellent. This mascara came as a sample so I got to see if my reservations were well founded. They were. This has a big unwieldy brush (ahem, now how to avoid sounding like a dirty joke) and size is good but sometimes too big is too big. I prefer the more elegant form of the Hypnose brush. The big brush picks up a lot of product and does give volume, but in a clumpy way. It reminded me of loreal punky mascara, if they still make that. And final nail in the coffin - it transfers and smudges. And then to add insult to injury it's hard to remove and needs a good eye makeup remover. In the Bin it goes. Monsieur big let down.

on 1/22/2018 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Monsieur Big??? More like Sir-Clumps-Alot. This did nothing to lengthen my lashes at all. It gave volume in that it clumped so badly that my eyelashes looked like one big, chubby eyelash, more like a caterpillar actually. It got flaky after a few hours and the flakes got in my tender eyes and turned them red and teary. Those of you who got it to work, God Bless. Won't be switching from my HG L'Oreal Telescopic for this; don't know why I keep trying, "if it works don't fix it" just won't sink into my makeup junkie brain.

Let me start by saying I never write reviews but this mascara was so terrible I had to.

This product is an absolute mess. It flakes like crazy, smears all along the top of my eyelids and is beyond clumpy. Normally I'm a huge fan of wet mascaras but this one is just TOO wet - it gets all over my nicely blended eye shadow and on top of my lid. The clumps are also outrageous.

Bottom line, there are so many mascaras out there that are 100% better and incredibly CHEAPER than this one. Please, save your money!!!

on 11/17/2017 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Ugh. I had high hopes, having heard all the raves about Lancome mascara for years. This did NOT deliver. Wet, clumpy, messy, smudgy, YUCK. These are all words I think of when I think of this mascara. It smudges under my eyes like crazy, and the super wet formula gets everywhere. I have tried better drugstore mascaras. What a waste on this one! I ordered Hypnose, though. Here's to hoping it's better--but the bar is pretty low!

on 11/11/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I STILL cannot figure out what the hype is over this mascara? I've used definicils and cils booster for YEARS and LOVE them both. I decided to try this because everyone was going ga ga over it...WORST Mascara ever! It was thick, wet and terribly clumpy! My BFF also bought it the same day I did and hated it too. I've been using mascara for over 40 years and have never one I disliked as much as this one. Are all those reviews for real? WHO could like this hot mess?

on 10/25/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was talked into purchasing this by a Lancome rep at Ulta. I tried Definicils years ago (it was my sister's) and like it, so I thought, ok! The rep applied it to my lashes, and I will say that they looked great. BUT within an hour, I looked like a raccoon. I have oily skin, and I had told the Lancome rep that I have trouble with mascara smudging--she assured me that M. Big wouldn't do that. Wrong. I've tried wearing it on several occasions and it just doesn't stay put on my lashes. I'm super disappointed, especially since this wasn't cheap. I'm going back to my HG L'oreal Double-Extend, which never, ever smears or flakes.

on 10/9/2017 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have used Lancôme mascara for 35 years and have always loved it. I was told by sales person that I would REALLY love this new one. Within two weeks, my eyeballs looked like they were on fire, and a third of my eyelashes fell out. Unfortunately I tossed the receipt and therefore can't even return it. What the heck, Lancôme?!

on 9/28/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was standing in an endless line at Ulta, and saw this Lancôme mascara, I asked the girl behind me if she had tried it, and she had, and loved it. Hmmm she was wearing not a stitch of makeup on that day. I probably asked the wrong person, but, I bought it. This is the crappiest HE mascara I have ever used. The brush is weird, deposits dots upper and lower (I don't mascara the lower lashes) and the first day I attempted to apply it, there was nothing that really showed. It reminded me of the old Maybelline Great Lash where it would deposit a bit of mascara, but nothing was left at the end of the day. When I cleaned up the dots I got, it didn't smear or dot additionally. Pretty much anything is better. I prefer UD Perversion, Tarte Tartist Lash Paint and Julep Length Matters. Even L'Oréal Voluminous is miles better. UGH, and didn't they miss the boat on Monsieur Big? Seems like that would have been more appropriate back in the Sex and the City days.

Beautiful packaging with a large brush, no scent that I could tell. There is a lot of product.

The color black is rich and so beautiful, but this mascara is about volume and I only saw it perform well only once. The other uses is just like others, so this mascara did not deliver what it is advertised for. This is why I give a low rating.

I found that this mascara had no fall out, didn't smear on humid days.