Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara

Filtered by age: 44-55
Lancôme Monsieur Big Volume Mascara
Monsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume MascaraMonsieur Big Volume Mascara

2.6

Aqua / Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.

on 10/17/2018 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used two mini versions of this first and loved it. I've now bought a big one when it was for 20% off. I didn't think I would fall in love with it. I had used L'Oreal Miss Hippie before this and loved that, also. (I couldn't find it anymore where I live, though.) I think the application of the Lancome one is a bit easier. I apply a thin coat on one eye, then the other. Then I go back for a second coat and by then the first has dried and this method seems to be working best. The first coat separates the lashes and keeps them that way. The second adds volume and lenght. (I also like to coat my lashes from behind.) Not too carzy about the packaging, but looks a lot classier than the L'Oreal one so I'm not complaining. LOL. When my last mini was on its last leg and started to dry out, I was on a trip. I just added a couple of drops of clean water and it perfectly revived it so I could use it for another couple of weeks. I don't use it on my lower lashes. I use MAC Exteneded Play there.

on 10/1/2018 11:26:00 AM

I used to use the L'Oreal Voluminous and I have to say that I like this mascara just as much! It really does give you huge lashes, that are long and thick. I got this as a sample and instantly fell in love with it. I ended up buying the bigger size. For those who complain it clumps, there is an easy fix. You just take out the wand and run it under hot water and then put it back in the tube, that should take care of the clumping. I totally recommend this mascara. Great job Lancome!

Got this as a sample size with a gift with purchase and was excited to try it. It was nothing but a clumpy, major, wet, black, goopy, mess. After dabbing excess off with a Q-tip and separating with an eyelash separator I was still really disappointed. Even with the extra effort they still looked like the hot mess they started with. Like I got in a fight with my make up bag, like the DVD co ernof the movie “The Eyes of Tammy Faye (Bakker)” …LOL. I do not recommend!

on 4/2/2018 11:24:00 AM

I just don't get the love for this mascara...
I bought it thinking it would be even better than the older mascaras I have from Lancôme but no, it's way worse, even worse than most d/s mascaras on me!

It clumps. I used it on its own and on top of primers (Lancôme and Shiseido), and if I use primers I feel it clumps even more. Without primers it is ok-ish, but doesn't lengthen or volumize.

I prefer mascaras that make lashes look fanned out, voluminous and a bit longer, and this just doesn't do that.

The result is good, i get long and thick lashes but the mascara takes time to remove even with a biphased eye makeup remover. There are equivalent that are cheaper such as the L'Oreal Lash Paradise. Not a bad mascara but I prefer to try other ones.

on 1/22/2018 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Monsieur Big??? More like Sir-Clumps-Alot. This did nothing to lengthen my lashes at all. It gave volume in that it clumped so badly that my eyelashes looked like one big, chubby eyelash, more like a caterpillar actually. It got flaky after a few hours and the flakes got in my tender eyes and turned them red and teary. Those of you who got it to work, God Bless. Won't be switching from my HG L'Oreal Telescopic for this; don't know why I keep trying, "if it works don't fix it" just won't sink into my makeup junkie brain.

on 1/7/2018 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$25.00 for the full size at Sephora, $12.00 for the mini. An Allure Best of 2017 Beauty Awards winner

I got 2 sample sizes of Monsieur Big in December and I have been using it a lot. I don't know why I didn't care for it at first when I bought the full size one time, maybe it was old, maybe they made some slight changes, but I am really liking it and I don't have a single bad thing to say about it except that the wand is a bit too fat for my bottom lashes, but most are. It will work on my bottom lashes, but I like a tiny wand for mine and I want them perfectly separated. It lengthens, holds curl, adds volume, separates the lashes, no smearing, lasts all day, no flaking & has no horrible scent like Hypnose. Give it a couple of minutes to dry, it gives you big lashes so clearly it will take a bit longer to dry.

I have always liked most of Lancome's mascaras. I am never without a tube of Definicils, love it, definite holy grail that I've used for many years. I do detest Lancome's Hypnose due to the vile chemical scent that lingers forever.

Since Sephora carries the mini Monsieur Big for $12.00, I would rather purchase 2 of those than one full size for $25.00. Minis I usually use up before they begin to get dried out or gloppy.

Description from Lancome's website:

Meet Monsieur Big. Forget the others.
A LOOK OF UP TO 12X MORE VOLUME:
The volumizing mascara’s brush provides big impact at first stroke, for thicker looking eyelashes like never before. BIG SOFT BRUSH: Monsieur Big Mascara’s bristles are made of soft fibers which hug your lashes with beautiful softness and ensure a smooth application, while separating and lifting the look of lashes.
NO CLUMPS, NO SMUDGES, NO TOUCH UPS: The formula easily glides on lashes. Its dark pigments create ultra black intensity..

• Big Volume: a look of up to 12x more volume than bare lashes
• No flakes, no smudges: smudge resistant mascara with up to 24-hour wear
• Intense color: ultra black
• Easy, soft application
• Tested under ophthalmological control
• Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers

INGREDIENTS:
Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2,C12-13 Pareth-23, C12-13 Pareth-3, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Silica, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disodium Edta, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium Edta, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Bht, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- May Contain, Ci 75470 / Carmine, Ci 77007 / Ultramarines,Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides].

on 11/11/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I STILL cannot figure out what the hype is over this mascara? I've used definicils and cils booster for YEARS and LOVE them both. I decided to try this because everyone was going ga ga over it...WORST Mascara ever! It was thick, wet and terribly clumpy! My BFF also bought it the same day I did and hated it too. I've been using mascara for over 40 years and have never one I disliked as much as this one. Are all those reviews for real? WHO could like this hot mess?

on 10/25/2017 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was talked into purchasing this by a Lancome rep at Ulta. I tried Definicils years ago (it was my sister's) and like it, so I thought, ok! The rep applied it to my lashes, and I will say that they looked great. BUT within an hour, I looked like a raccoon. I have oily skin, and I had told the Lancome rep that I have trouble with mascara smudging--she assured me that M. Big wouldn't do that. Wrong. I've tried wearing it on several occasions and it just doesn't stay put on my lashes. I'm super disappointed, especially since this wasn't cheap. I'm going back to my HG L'oreal Double-Extend, which never, ever smears or flakes.

on 10/8/2017 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Can't believe these poor reviews... I haven't bought a Lancome mascara in over 15 years, have just had really good luck with several Rimmel, TheBalm, and some Maybelline mascaras, and just never felt the need to spend $25 again on mascara since discovering a few drug store good ones... I'm pleasantly surprised by this mascara. The girl at Sephora talked it up real good, and I bit...im not sure if I would buy it again, it does hit all the key points I need in a mascara; good volume and length, no flaking, not too wet or too dry, and has a great wand.. but Mad Lash by TheBalm is about $18, and I think it's a bit better than the Lancome... This is definitely an above average mascara, and I definitely recommend.